Photo
- - - - -

Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#361 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

Are there pictures of the lamp or a video that is filmed correctly? It looks sweet in the video but I have to bend my neck at a 90 degree angle to get a good luck

#362 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

Are there pictures of the lamp or a video that is filmed correctly? It looks sweet in the video but I have to bend my neck at a 90 degree angle to get a good luck

unfortunately no yet, because the embargo on the game, and related. you will have to wait till close to the release day to see an actual unboxing of the limited edition on youtube or whatever.

#363 ctguitarguy

ctguitarguy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

Here is some more for everyone! http://www.examiner....mited-edition-1

I ordered this from gamestop because it had the best DLC and an artbook. (and I ended up paying an additional 10$ in taxes, so I went all in). It looks pretty awesome, and I won't cry if it goes down a bit in price afterwards. My only concern is shipping. I am afraid of gamestops piss poor shipping and packaging.....but this is one of the coolest game extras I have ever seen, and people who are canceling there pre orders for this are foolish.

Edited by ctguitarguy, 16 February 2013 - 05:55 AM.

#364 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

Glad I bought it, this was exactly what I was waiting to see. Still unsure if it's better than the figure, but at least it'll make a pretty sweet CE because compared to most crappy statues nowindays.
..I really need to get rid of my Max Payne 3 statue.

But statues have zero possibility of breaking after two months in. Not saying that this will, but there is the possibility if you leave it on 24/7.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#365 sinned47

sinned47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

Saw the lamp and now I want

#366 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Glad I bought it, this was exactly what I was waiting to see. Still unsure if it's better than the figure, but at least it'll make a pretty sweet CE because compared to most crappy statues nowindays.

..I really need to get rid of my Max Payne 3 statue.

Lol wow I'm trying to get rid of my max payne statue too.

Btw my zavvi order is still not yet cancelled...

#367 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Amazon's got 999+ in stock for PS3 and 752 for Xbox.

I'd say wait a while and you probably will see at least 10 or 20 dollar price cut within a month.

Yeah that's true but keep in mind that once the stock is dry that's it. I've never known konami to reissue any limited editions, especially not the MG franchise. Lets just hope that its more along the lines of the ZOE limited edition run and not like all other MGS limited run which become rare after release.

Edit: just checked out the statue and its just a white variant of the play arts kai version of raiden. You can still pre-order those from amazon though they are gun metal and doesn't include a dlc code. Though a $160 (£99) is way to much for the game, steel book, and $70 action figure.

Edited by Draknight, 16 February 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#368 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

I'd buy one for the steelbook, if it wasn't G1 sized. There are alot of vg steels i don't buy, due to the G1 size.

sixteenvolt420.png

#369 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Should I pull the trigger? Or should I wait for the cutscene where Big Boss comes in and tells me to preorder....

Just buy it. Or else that colonel from mgs3 comes to pay you a visit only to grab your balls lawls.

#370 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Man that lamp is awesome! But the markup is just too ridiculous! Ill probably wait it out til its under $99.

#371 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Mine is still open too for a PS3 copy. I'm hoping it doesn't get canceled.

#372 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Edit: just checked out the statue and its just a white variant of the play arts kai version of raiden. You can still pre-order those from amazon though they are gun metal and doesn't include a dlc code. Though a $160 (£99) is way to much for the game, steel book, and $70 action figure.

I liked the white enough to preorder the UK CE. I also have the lamp CE on pre-order at GameStop as a birthday/Valentine's present from my girlfriend. I'm hoping to resell the game and white armor DLC to recoup some of the cost.

In addition to the white and black there is also a red/black version that comes out this summer and is limited to 1,000 pieces worldwide.

http://www.bigbadtoy...409&mode=retail

I'm getting all 3. They'll go nice with my Solid Snake, Naked Snake and Cybor Ninja figures. I also have the Metal Gear Rex model kit that just shipped the other day that I'll have to put together. I opted for it over the $500 Rex because of price and it came with tiny figures.

#373 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Man that lamp is awesome! But the markup is just too ridiculous! Ill probably wait it out til its under $99.

That's what I'm hoping for too
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#374 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Just buy it. Or else that colonel from mgs3 comes to pay you a visit only to grab your balls lawls.

That would be catastrophic. Eva wouldn't be happy either. :booty:

#375 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

I prefer the traditional MGS stealth. Not a fan of the demo so I'm going to sit this one out. I'll go gaga when Phantom Pain comes out.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#376 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

I prefer the traditional MGS stealth. Not a fan of the demo so I'm going to sit this one out. I'll go gaga when Phantom Pain comes out.

You can play this stealthily 8-)

I bought the JP limited edition UK limited edition

So do you still have problem with me??

I want you inside me.

#377 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

I'm getting all 3. They'll go nice with my Solid Snake, Naked Snake and Cybor Ninja figures. I also have the Metal Gear Rex model kit that just shipped the other day that I'll have to put together. I opted for it over the $500 Rex because of price and it came with tiny figures.

I'm waiting on the red/ black myself since I already have the red variant of the Cyborg Ninja and Solidus Snake. Looking to complete the cyber enhanced MSG figures collection. But I must admit that the white one is pretty cool. I myself per-ordered from GameStop to get the cyborg ninja skin.

#378 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

I agree. I pre-ordered it and paid it off because I really like the extras, but I'm torn if I want to keep my order or not because I didn't like the game. Usually I am interested in SEs/LEs/CEs for games I really want. Especially if the extras are cool.

This game has extras I like more than the game. I figure I'll just keep my order and hope the game turns out to be better than the demo. But to me it was basically Bayonetta lite with a mix of Gundam in it.

#379 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

But statues have zero possibility of breaking after two months in. Not saying that this will, but there is the possibility if you leave it on 24/7.

I'm not sure the lifespan of one of these kind of lamps. Maybe if I had a automated switch that would turn it on at a certain time it would help, but I won't be planning on turning it on 24/7 anyways. Let alone a few hours per day. I just like this piece because It's different to the rest. Now that you mentioned it though, I do wonder what's the lifespan of these things.

On the other hand, if you have a certain statue that looks like they had their face melted away, well you've already lost the good fight already. ;)

Lol wow I'm trying to get rid of my max payne statue too.

What sucks is I was excited when I saw the statue, the bullet casings scattered all over, figured the face was just bad light exposure or something.

Yeah, I was wrong, DEAD wrong. I paid $50 something for it (luckily my worst buy from 2012), but at least the game made up for the terrible statue.

The $500 MG-Rex is gorgeous. I would honestly say that I would never blow $500 on a toy, but that one is just simply beautiful.

If I may ask, where did you buy that model kit from?

#380 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

The $500 MG-Rex is gorgeous. I would honestly say that I would never blow $500 on a toy, but that one is just simply beautiful.

If I may ask, where did you buy that model kit from?

BigBadToyStore: http://www.bigbadtoy...967&mode=retail

I love the $500 Rex, but it's too big and too expensive. I can easily see myself regretting it after a while. I was tempted to put it on pre-order again (I canceled mine last year), but I couldn't do.

The model was smaller and cheaper. Plus like I said, the little figures that come with it look cool. I haven't built a model since I was a little kid and 600 pieces sounds daunting, but I think I can do it.

Here is another link that has better pictures than BBTS does. http://www.excalibur...it/c0-9806-9806

#381 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

I love the $500 Rex, but it's too big and too expensive. I can easily see myself regretting it after a while. I was tempted to put it on pre-order again (I canceled mine last year), but I couldn't do.

The model was smaller and cheaper. Plus like I said, the little figures that come with it look cool. I haven't built a model since I was a little kid and 600 pieces sounds daunting, but I think I can do it.

Here is another link that has better pictures than BBTS does. http://www.excalibur...it/c0-9806-9806

I was going to get the 1/100th scale Rex too until I found out that it comes unpainted.

#382 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

For $500.00 they could at least paint it.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#383 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

The $500 Rex is painted. The smaller rex cames unpainted.

#384 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

For $500, it better have a real life nuclear warhead with it.

#385 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

$500? Hot.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#386 veronesepk

veronesepk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

You can play this stealthily 8-)

This is actually true. There are some outright battles, but you can go through large sections with a stealth mentality.

#387 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

Here's the $500 one by Bambaland if anyone is curious to see how it looks:
Spoiler

It's actually a really nice looking model. $500? Maybe, maybe not ;).

Thanks, I had seen it before but never knew it came with the little figures. The difficult task would probably be painting it (at least for me since I'm no artist.).

It's the $70 model kit that is unpainted.

#388 sirgalahad

sirgalahad

Bastard son of Lancelot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

I liked the white enough to preorder the UK CE. I also have the lamp CE on pre-order at GameStop as a birthday/Valentine's present from my girlfriend. I'm hoping to resell the game and white armor DLC to recoup some of the cost.

In addition to the white and black there is also a red/black version that comes out this summer and is limited to 1,000 pieces worldwide.

http://www.bigbadtoy...409&mode=retail

Thanks for that---just preordered:fridge: Did the collectors upgrade for 2 buck. I hate needing these things.

#389 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

full unboxing video of the limited edition, one is the NA edition. the other being eu edition

Edited by YBX87, 18 February 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#390 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Man that thing looks pretty sweet, can't wait to get mine. Now I can see this thing being rare.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png