Photo
- - - - -

Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#391 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Ah...want it....and it's still up for preorder....*looks at wallet*

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#392 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

The lamp does look sweet, but I doubt the game is going to be that great. If this ever goes to clearance for say, $40, I'd get one.

#393 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

Whatever that foreign edition is with the white raiden figure is 10x better then our NA limited edition.

I'd rather have the play arts kai figure then a clone lava lamp thing. Even their manual has color and we got a black and white EA sports manual.

needler420.png

#394 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

I really just dont see the thing being rare. Not even planning on getting Rising on day one because I know the price will fall fast. If I see this thing for under 100$, then I could probably justify it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#395 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

Oh wow, lamp is way better than what i was expecting

#396 WViking

WViking

Corn is Good Food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

I am glad I have this preordered. Hopefully Gamestop comes through and actually has enough copies of the preorder art book. My Gamestop has the reputation of not getting enough preorder items in.

#397 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Oh wow, lamp is way better than what i was expecting

if any1 is still on the fence about the game, here is so early review gameplay/walthrough video, for you to decide for yourself

#398 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

I am glad I have this preordered. Hopefully Gamestop comes through and actually has enough copies of the preorder art book. My Gamestop has the reputation of not getting enough preorder items in.

then you should preorder at amazon or bestbuy just incase

#399 WViking

WViking

Corn is Good Food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

then you should preorder at amazon or bestbuy just incase

Gamestop is the only place that has the preorder art book. Normally, I would have preordered through Amazon but Gamestop had the art book and better DLC skin.

#400 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

I think my buy price is $60. The game will probably be 19.99 eventually.

#401 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

Gamestop is the only place that has the preorder art book. Normally, I would have preordered through Amazon but Gamestop had the art book and better DLC skin.

I contemplated getting it from either Gamestop or BB but I ended up going for the $20 RZ + White DLC Skin after seeing a glance of the artbook which is pretty thin (literally a pamphlet) figure I could shell out an extra $20 and get the actual CE guide and call it a day.

But I will miss not getting that Gray Fox skin, hopefully it'll hit PSN within a month.

#402 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

Lordy I want this. Not sure what my price point is. I have the feeling that I'm not getting cheaper than $150 though.
Posted Image

#403 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

I contemplated getting it from either Gamestop or BB but I ended up going for the $20 RZ + White DLC Skin after seeing a glance of the artbook which is pretty thin (literally a pamphlet) figure I could shell out an extra $20 and get the actual CE guide and call it a day.

But I will miss not getting that Gray Fox skin, hopefully it'll hit PSN within a month.

The gray fox skin is free with all copies in europe. I'm sure it will be dlc in the futurÊ

#404 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

If someone cares, heres how the promo artbook looks like:

Lordy I want this. Not sure what my price point is. I have the feeling that I'm not getting cheaper than $150 though.

I was surprised to see it sold out in Gamestop, figured this LE would really only appeal to HnS fans since this game is nothing like Solid series. Reception has been great for the game, Famitsu gave it 49/50 along with various other near perfect scores. Soundtrack and boss fights are all memorable supposedly. Plus the game is canon whether MGS fans like it or not.

Not to mention this game couldn't be bought in-store in BB, so while I can def see this hit $100 down the road. I don't think it'll fall below that.

The gray fox skin is free with all copies in europe. I'm sure it will be dlc in the futurÊ

Yeah that's the only thing I was disappointed about with our NA release. We got absolutely no DLC exclusives with the LE. But both Kojima Productions & Plat. Games have yet to disappoint with the amount of unlockables in their games, can't wait to see whats hidden in this one.

Pretty sure we'll def get these sooner or later and if free, well even better!

#405 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Ugh damnit I wish I can preorder the LE from gamestop. If only amazons preorder comes with the book too

#406 jonnysniper

jonnysniper

Pokemaster Jonny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Pre-ordered LE from Bestbuy today and watching the videos im glad i did :)

I still want the UK LE, but i have never imported. From what i read it seems Zavvi is the way to go, but they are cancelling orders.
What to do, what to do? :(
Any advice?

#407 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

I still want the UK LE, but i have never imported. From what i read it seems Zavvi is the way to go, but they are cancelling orders.
Any advice?

Do you just want the figure or the steelbook as well? Steelbook you can buy straight from Amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de...&pf_rd_i=301128

If you are looking for the figure only, then sadly I'm not sure where else would be a reliable place to buy it from besides Zavvi. :(

Since I missed out on the White Raiden figure I'm getting the Red Raiden PX exclusive.

http://www.bigbadtoy...409&mode=retail

Supposedly it will be limited to 1,000 so it will also be pretty unique vs the standard black. Plus the red (almost looks orange to me) accent color makes it look sweet, I'm kinda glad my UK ver got cancelled since I actually do like this one better.

It's even cheaper over at Anime-Island, although I can't vouch for them, apparently they have good feedback in various storefronts. Personally though, im going with BBT since they have the Collectors Grade for only $2 extra.

http://www.anime-isl...-exclusive.html

#408 jonnysniper

jonnysniper

Pokemaster Jonny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

Do you just want the figure or the steelbook as well? Steelbook you can buy straight from Amazon.de

Thanks, i was looking to get the steelbook and the Raiden Figure. I just ordered the steelbook right now. I might get the red/orange Raiden too.

#409 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

Any advice?

Zavvi hasn't canceled my order I placed about a month ago for the PS3 LE.

#410 ctguitarguy

ctguitarguy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

I think the U.S. versions is much better frankly, especially considering you can order the euro steelbook (which i think is better than ours). But you can get that figure separately, and frankly I think the lamp looks much cooler and is more unique. Figures are often the shittiest part of CE's.

The lamp running on both modes in the dark...pretty fucking cool :).

Edited by ctguitarguy, 18 February 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#411 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

I should have sprung for the lamp edition.

If someone cares, heres how the promo artbook looks like:

Hell, it's just like the Xenoblade one.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#412 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

After watching a few unboxing videos I noticed the Steelbook is G1... Right?

I hope it was just my eyes... Anyone else make the same observation?
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#413 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

http://www.amazon.de...&pf_rd_i=301128

Thanks eXiON. I am so excited for this game, I just couldn't resist that steelbook. Not a bad import deal - just $30 converted.

Between that steelbook, the Zavvi version, and the US LE - I would say I am more than ready to cut shit up...

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#414 Crazydom

Crazydom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Man, I want the lamp but I cannot afford to pay 150 for the thing right now.

Hopefully it doesn't end up too rare.

#415 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

I think the U.S. versions is much better frankly, especially considering you can order the euro steelbook (which i think is better than ours). But you can get that figure separately, and frankly I think the lamp looks much cooler and is more unique. Figures are often the shittiest part of CE's.

The figure is actually quite nice. It's from Square's Play Arts Kai line. I have the Solid Snake, Naked Snake and Cyborg Ninja from there already along with batman and Joker. From the pics and video I've seen the white Raiden looks just as nice as those ones.

However, there is also a black Raiden and a black/red Raiden coming out too. So unless you have to have the white Raiden (I do) you're probably ok skipping the white figure and getting one of the other colors. The black/red is even more collectable as it's limited to 1,000 pieces world wide and the white one is 25,000.

#416 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

I don't think bestbuy will be caring the LE.
I checked the preorder kiosk yesterday and only the reg version was listed.
Plus they didn't carry the last MGS LE.
I think only amazon and GameStop will have the LE

It certainly looks like B&M Bestbuy stores won't be getting the collectors. All stores got their regular editions, no LE's at all.

#417 aegisol

aegisol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Amazon order shipped

I'm getting the realization I just paid $90 (more or less) for a lamp that I don't even really care about.

As far as a figure goes, maybe they'll have something at the Square-Enix store at SDCC in July. Maybe Kojima will be around since it's a launch year. Maybe I'll remember to check that and bring my other MGS4 PS3 with me to get signed. I kept forgetting to bring it with me and he came a few years in a row.

#418 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Like the lamp alot will buy when it's/if it makes it to the $70-$80 maybe lower depending on how many are available
Posted Image

#419 MusePrime

MusePrime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Here's an unboxing of the 360 limited edition.

http://epicbattleaxe...source=activity

#420 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

It certainly looks like B&M Bestbuy stores won't be getting the collectors. All stores got their regular editions, no LE's at all.

it is being posted on the bestbuy forum, that they will no long carry extra LE in B&m store, because they do not want to oversell, then having to clearance it out. THe only way to get limited editions/ collectors edition is to order through bestbuy website ,or through perorders in store.