Photo
- - - - -

Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#541 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Gonna be so pissed if Konami gives out some sweet swag because of the broken lamps........I backed out last second......

Free metal gears for everyone!!!!!!!!!

#542 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Re: preorder artbook. That's usually how things go at Gamestop. Corporate or fulfillment or whatever you want to call it sends them a certain number of artbooks based on some arcane math. It might be based on the number of preorders; it might be based on the general amount of business that particular location gets. Maybe they roll a dice. In any case, first-come-first-served is also par for the course. You could, in most cases, preorder very late (like a week or less before, assuming orders for a particular game are still open), show up bright and early day of sale and pick up a promo item. I've done it before but not for a while since most preorder incentives are digital and not physical anymore.

well they shouldn't do it that way, they should have the amount of preorder items sent that were ordered and maybe 1 or 2 extra for errors.

If they can't afford to give it to everyone, then they shouldn't advertise it. It's not like they're giving away expensive items and it hurts their bottom line. There's no excuse why they can't. At the very least they shouldn't advertise it if they're already sold out of copies and the people who preordered first should get the copies. It makes no sense to have it be whoever makes it to the store first gets it.

I would be pissed if a preorder item was "out of stock" when it was promised to me. If it's something I really want I set my alarm and go early but it's not a good feeling rushing to the store. I think it does nothing but hurt their image to consistently fail to deliver what is promised to their buyers.

#543 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

I think there is a chance that a lot of stores only claim they got 7 artbooks out of 30 pre-orders(or whatever the ratio may be) when in reality, they probably got 30, and some employee hoarded them for themselves.

I mean, I see people on ebay that have listed like 20 pre-order artbooks, steelbooks, soundtracks, etc all the time. You name it. I assume some of them probably pre-order by the bulk, sell the items, and then find a way to recoup the fees for the actual games.

But I guarantee you there are also some of those sellers that are Gamestop employees that loaded up on themselves with some goodies. It's clear to tell when you check what other things those sellers have for sale and you see promotional posters that only game stores get, among other things.

I have my beefs with Gamestop(mainly for gutted games and general policies) but I've never had a problem with any local Gamestops not getting enough pre-order items. Neither has anyone else I know personally. I know some people get screwed, but that happens with any store.

#544 panzerjedi

panzerjedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

well they shouldn't do it that way, they should have the amount of preorder items sent that were ordered and maybe 1 or 2 extra for errors.

If they can't afford to give it to everyone, then they shouldn't advertise it. It's not like they're giving away expensive items and it hurts their bottom line. There's no excuse why they can't. At the very least they shouldn't advertise it if they're already sold out of copies and the people who preordered first should get the copies. It makes no sense to have it be whoever makes it to the store first gets it.

I would be pissed if a preorder item was "out of stock" when it was promised to me. If it's something I really want I set my alarm and go early but it's not a good feeling rushing to the store. I think it does nothing but hurt their image to consistently fail to deliver what is promised to their buyers.

Couldn't agree more. I'm returning the one I preordered from GameStop and buying it from Amazon instead.

#545 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Got email from zavvi about a payment problem. Anyone elses order not cancelled by zavvi??

Also, I didn't get the inferno code from Amazon (will contact them about it), and is the soundtrack inside the games case?

My order has yet to be cancelled. current status reads expected delivery on the 22nd.

...oh and yes, soundtrack is in the game case.

- StayFree( ' 3')

store coming soon (sample: 1 2 3)

12/5

#546 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

*update:

zavvi order updated to "Awaiting Despatch". :bouncy:

- StayFree( ' 3')

12/5

#547 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Got email from zavvi about a payment problem. Anyone elses order not cancelled by zavvi??

Also, I didn't get the inferno code from Amazon (will contact them about it), and is the soundtrack inside the games case?

Mine wasn't canceled and I got the payment problem email too. Turns out my card was shut off due to potential fraudulent activity. I logged I into my credit card company website and the block was because of Zavvi. I approved the transaction and then went back to Zavvi and resubmitted payment and everything is ok again.

#548 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

so do we get those steelbooks that were featured in the EU LE unboxing vids??

- StayFree( ' 3')

12/5

#549 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

*update:

zavvi order updated to "Awaiting Despatch". :bouncy:

Just checked, and mine too! Cannot wait for that figure...

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#550 tmonahan87

tmonahan87

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Good luck Zavvi people. I canceled my order so there is an extra ps3 copy out there. I couldn't justify the price for such a short game, very disappointing. Plus, it couldn't have hurt them to throw in at least a steelbook and something else for $170.
Check out my brand new novel, Of Darkness and Deathless, available now!

#551 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

did they offer you a replacement? just out of curiosity, a question for the ppl who ordered the limited edition, are you guys huge fans of the metal gear series?

I am supposed to get the replacement tomorrow.

#552 MAC METAL FACE

MAC METAL FACE

-Imma Meat Popsicle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Just a quick questions for zavvi ordering folks out there out of curiousness are you guys importing and are they shipping it directly to you or are you from the uk getting it, because my gf is out there in the Uk right now and is getting it and sending it to me via Fed-ex. I was just curious because with The Sonic Generations limited we did the same thing but I remember trying to get it shipped directly to me first but it wouldn't allow it but I am not sure if it was zavvi or another uk game seller.
Posted Image

#553 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

getting it shipped directly from zavvi.

- StayFree( ' 3')

12/5

#554 MAC METAL FACE

MAC METAL FACE

-Imma Meat Popsicle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hmmm I can't remember why I didn't get that option it must have been cause she used a uk card and it is too shady for them to ship to another country other than the purchase card or simply the billing address needs to be the shipping address and I remember now it was Grainger games I was trying to get shipped directly here for the Sonic Generations limited box I was using my card first but their policy was bulk packages are a no-go for international shipping.

Anywho, A day or two more wait i can do its been 4 years coming sheesh and thanks for the quick response bruv.
Posted Image

#555 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Got a call from my bank authorizing my transaction for this from Zavvi. $155.05 shipped (which surprised me). Got the US LE edition yesterday and I must say, the lamp is pretty sweet, albeit pretty useless. Another cool thing to add to my CE gaming shelf.

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#556 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

wha... 155.05? did you use a code? im paying 191 because of shipping.....

#557 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Didn't get an email from Zavvi about payment problem, although I did get a call from my bank about an int'l transaction (which I promptly cleared up).

I'm not aware of any code for preordering this from Amazon. And yes, the soundtrack is included in the game case.

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#558 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Probably because both IGN and GT have reported it as a 3-6 hour game. So either everyone else is bad at game or they're lying.

Or maybe because people who haven't played the game keep reporting bad information? As someone who owns the game and isn't bad at it that's the one I'm leaning towards.

#559 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Probably because both IGN and GT have reported it as a 3-6 hour game. So either everyone else is bad at game or they're lying.

Way to ignore responses about how the game length from the in-game timer ignores deaths and cutscenes. Even IGN responded to comments clarifying that they went by the in-game timer. Can't tell if you're just trying to troll now with the whole "everyone else is bad at game" comment.

#560 jonnysniper

jonnysniper

Pokemaster Jonny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

For anyone who ordered through Zavvi do you suggest I use PayPal or my card. I've never ordered through them

#561 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

For anyone who ordered through Zavvi do you suggest I use PayPal or my card. I've never ordered through them

Use your card. PayPal checkout never seems to be working there.

#562 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yeah, paypal didn't work for me at all at Zavvi, but then again I never could get them to accept my visa cards either. I guess I just suck at filling out UK required info.

#563 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

just got a message from zavvi in my junk folder. updated my order to "out for delivery"...now the waiting game.

- StayFree( ' 3')

12/5

#564 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Got a call from my bank authorizing my transaction for this from Zavvi. $155.05 shipped (which surprised me). Got the US LE edition yesterday and I must say, the lamp is pretty sweet, albeit pretty useless. Another cool thing to add to my CE gaming shelf.

Sounds like they didn't charge for shipping yet. With shipping to CA it would have cost me about $200. Let us know if a separate charge shows up.

#565 Croozer

Croozer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

just got a message from zavvi in my junk folder. updated my order to "out for delivery"...now the waiting game.

Mine is in awaiting dispatch status so I am pretty happy my order looks like its going through. My total came out to $156 including shipping so it appears I got some sort of deal compared to others here

#566 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Mine is in awaiting dispatch status so I am pretty happy my order looks like its going through. My total came out to $156 including shipping so it appears I got some sort of deal compared to others here

free shipping? anyone have any guesses on this?

- StayFree( ' 3')

12/5

#567 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Just got the email from saying it shipped. "Your order from zavvi has been dispatched and will be with you shortly!"

Yay!

#568 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Has anyone gotten their Inferno Armor code from Amazon?
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#569 jonnysniper

jonnysniper

Pokemaster Jonny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Yeah, paypal didn't work for me at all at Zavvi, but then again I never could get them to accept my visa cards either. I guess I just suck at filling out UK required info.

Wait I can't use my visa?

#570 Croozer

Croozer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

free shipping? anyone have any guesses on this?

Here's the breakdown of my order; euros
99.99 for item
.99 for delivery (shipping)
I live in Los Angeles and my order has already shipped :-)