Photo
- - - - -

Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#31 Crazydom

Crazydom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

If it came with a good art book like the MGS4 one then it might be worth it.

But this is basically $90 for a lamp.

#32 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Wow, that's a crazy price. Love MGS(although this one is not very true to the series), but I see this game dropping fast.

#33 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

Those waiting for a price drop won't get it because anything Kojima sells out quick and very limited. I'd definately preorder it and slowly pay it off at your local Gamestop. Metal Gear collector editions always hold their value and increase over time. Look at the MGS3 Subsistance LE...that thing goes for $150+ on Ebay. It was $40-50 when it first came out.

Agreed. This will almost certainly be very limited and sell out soon. I think im going to wait and see if there is an international LE with different bonuses. I want an LE for this game but not feeling the NA version of it.

#34 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

- everything else is irrelavant if you can't even get it.
so first thing is first, just need to know - already sold out? or not...

#35 Crazydom

Crazydom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

If this does become limited, it could be worth A LOT.

The lamp would be seen as a great collectors item for sure.

#36 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

I pre-order JUST IN CASE, but I will more than likely come to my senses right before release like with the SF 25th anniversary collection and cancel. I can't see this selling out right away and I could get the main thing I want out of this, the steelbook, for cheaper by itself on ebay. I have pre-ordered every LE for MGS but this is just pushing it too much... unless the lamp is REALLY killer, which I doubt. Hopefully we get pics soon

523546.png

#37 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

This will probably be even more limited then the borderlands 2 loot edition. They will not mass produce that plasma lamp. Only question is will the game have as much demand.

#38 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

pics of it are all over online - i didn't preorder on some mgs le games and the turn out to sell out within the first month. it is true most things kojima tend to sell out quickly - if you are on the fence preorder - wouldn't wait too long.

#39 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

I need to get this...it has to be like the Wii U games priced at $100 initially, right?

Right?

#40 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Yes pics of it are online but the real question is "How big is it? and what's it made out of?"

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#41 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

pics of it are all over online - i didn't preorder on some mgs le games and the turn out to sell out within the first month. it is true most things kojima tend to sell out quickly - if you are on the fence preorder - wouldn't wait too long.

Oh derp! Didn't think to google when I didn't see the pic on Amazon. That lamp does look pretty bad ass, but like others have said, how big is it and what quality are the materials. Well I'll leave the pre-order for now.

523546.png

#42 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

Just to make sure I'm understanding this completely, the only difference between the non-LE and LE is the lamp? No steelbook, no artbook, soundtrack or anything else?

#43 NextDeadman

NextDeadman

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Just to make sure I'm understanding this completely, the only difference between the non-LE and LE is the lamp? No steelbook, no artbook, soundtrack or anything else?

The LE does also come with a steelbook and the soundtrack.

#44 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Soundtrack and steel book are included

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#45 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

I knew it was going to be spendy. How lame!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#46 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Oh derp! Didn't think to google when I didn't see the pic on Amazon. That lamp does look pretty bad ass, but like others have said, how big is it and what quality are the materials. Well I'll leave the pre-order for now.

yeah i was looking for a video or something of it today - or atleast a pic of it next to something to compare size. seems like they left out some very important details.

#47 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Any company with the balls to releasing something for $150 needs to go out of business.
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#48 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

The LE does also come with a steelbook and the soundtrack.

Soundtrack and steel book are included

Thank you both for clarifying that it's more than just the lamp.

Hopefully they'll add an artbook in there like the MGS artbook from the MGS collection and then it'll be closer to being worth its asking price.

#49 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Just wait a few months, it will be $29.99 at Best Buy (like every other CE).

Not every CE ends up being $29.99 at Best Buy. If they're big box ones, they may go that way, though not all of them do.

#50 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Any company with the balls to releasing something for $150 needs to go out of business.

Fortunately there's also the standard $60 version.

#51 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up OP. In for 2 PS3 copies. If it's not looking like a typical rare MGS LE then I'll cancel one, but I'm pretty confident I'll end up cutting thecost for my copy by eBaying the second one.

#52 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

In that case all cosmetics and luxury handbag companies should go out way before them:D

But seriously, this is too steep for my tastes.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#53 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

If the black ops $180 bundle is sold out everywhere, Id be shocked if this thing doesnt get snagged up. Especially if previous history is any indicator.

#54 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

In that case all cosmetics and luxury handbag companies should go out way before them:D

But seriously, this is too steep for my tastes.

Food should also go out of business dammit :lol:

#55 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Just wait a few months, it will be $29.99 at Best Buy (like every other CE/LE).

you obviously don't know what you are talking about. best buy isn't doing a preorder for the le.

#56 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Preordered for ps3 since its a mgs game the lamp better be big for this price and the artbook as well

#57 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

As awesome as that lamp is, it's not worth spending an additional $90. Probably would've gotten it at $100.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

If the previous track records of anything LE/CE from Platinum Games and anything Metal Gear is any indication, this will most likely be limited.

I was lucky enough to get the LE/CE version of Bayonetta (from AU) and a statue/special slip cover for Vanquish and those things I believe are rare.

I'd get on this personally, especially for the PS3 version.

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#59 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

Too lazy to make a full alright gentlemen meme, use your imagination

"Alright Gentlemen we need ideas for the new limited edition of Metal Gear Rising"

"Includes a small replica of Raiden, Snake, or a Metal Gear"

"Hmmmmmmm"

"Includes A LAMP"

"GASP!!!!"

The lamp looks really nice and all, but seriously where do they come with these ideas? Same the Mass Effect series, we never got a really good limited edition of those games

#60 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

If the previous track records of anything LE/CE from Platinum Games and anything Metal Gear is any indication, this will most likely be limited.

I was lucky enough to get the LE/CE version of Bayonetta (from AU) and a statue/special slip cover for Vanquish and those things I believe are rare.

I'd get on this personally, especially for the PS3 version.

I also agree, Konami & Platinum Games CE's have been pretty limited. Not sure how limited this will be but that Bayonetta gun looked pretty snazzy and actually cool unlike many of the crappy statues that come with CE's.

This lamp is also pretty nice but $149.99 just seems to much for me, I -might- get it, but I'll ponder on it for a little longer and see what happens though.