Photo
- - - - -

Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#601 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

does the art book comes free with the purchase or for preorders only?

#602 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Only gamestop pre-orders received the art book. I think the Japanese LE also came with this artbook. It seems that there wasn't enough art books to cover pre-orders, at least in the LA area.

#603 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

That guide looks really nice! I went ahead and jumped on it. Their guide for MGS4 is freakin' gorgeous, so I could go in for another one like that.

Also, all the stores in the Portland, OR area seemed to get less than 1/4 as many artbooks as they needed, so a lot of us ended up missing out. :/

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#604 mariokart64

mariokart64

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

is the hardcover guide no longer available on amazon? i cant seem to find

#605 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

it's still there.. click the paperback one, then where it says formats click hardcover

#606 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Link

#607 ithebigc

ithebigc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

FuturePress > PiggyBack. Check out the Bayonetta or Vanquish guides. I have the MGR guide now and its not as technically detailed as a Futurepress guide would have been. Its still a great guide and if Futurepress couldn't do it then Piggyback would be my only other choice.

Looking at the CE Guide thread, most people prefer Piggyback to Futurepress. I have their Deus Ex, Dark Souls and Soucalibur V guide, while I have Piggyback's FFXIII, FFXIII-2, all the Assassin's Creed ones, and Uncharted 3 and I would would agree that Piggyback trumps Futurepress, in layout, art, and actual usefulness, generally.

ithebigc.png

#608 mariokart64

mariokart64

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

it's still there.. click the paperback one, then where it says formats click hardcover

oh! duh! thanks! buying now!

#609 Dezner

Dezner

Kanetsugu! <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Dammit. I totally forgot about the GameStop art book.

I call today wondering if they have any, and she claims they never received any. I can understand the shortages, but to not even receive any seems curious. I'm guessing others just snagged the few they did have and she didn't want to tell me the truth since I was one of two LE buyers. :(

OrangeGouf.png

#610 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

If you were thinking of spending $25 on the art book on ebay you might as well just grab the hardcover guide from Amazon for $20...

Thanks for asking. I was looking for an excuse to open mine up.

The extra or artwork section just shows concept art of Raiden, Wolf and the main enemies. Along with developer comments on it. The artbook or leaflet thing from Gamestop is completely different.

Far from worth $25, but is okay.

And son of a bitch, my lithograph is # over 10,000.

Dammit. I totally forgot about the GameStop art book.

I call today wondering if they have any, and she claims they never received any. I can understand the shortages, but to not even receive any seems curious. I'm guessing others just snagged the few they did have and she didn't want to tell me the truth since I was one of two LE buyers. :(

Mine didn't get them in for over a day. If you call Gamestop's 800 number, they can help you out with any preorder bonus as long as you give them your receipt information. Physical goods take a while. Over a month normally. Codes are generally sent within a few hours though.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#611 itsoverninethousand

itsoverninethousand

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

And son of a bitch, my lithograph is # over 10,000.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

#612 ghostsong

ghostsong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

What does the lithograph look like? I don't have mine yet and want to hang it next to my MgS4 litho.

#613 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

What does the lithograph look like? I don't have mine yet and want to hang it next to my MgS4 litho.

Posted Image

The # is on the back

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#614 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Only gamestop pre-orders received the art book. I think the Japanese LE also came with this artbook. It seems that there wasn't enough art books to cover pre-orders, at least in the LA area.

Yep. They ended up giving me a Bioshock button set instead as that's all they had left.

#615 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

My Japanese LE shipped today. :D

#616 MAC METAL FACE

MAC METAL FACE

-Imma Meat Popsicle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Niiiice I just ordered the Japanese premium myself ^_^ was waiting for an unboxing and wow the box is awesome and has the same slice slip opening on it like the MGS4 limited box the pictures didn't give it justice imo and those Dwarf Gekkos are gonna go beautifully with the raiden Kai my gf is sending me in the limited ed. from the uk. :3 I am excited b!
Posted Image

#617 ColdBrew

ColdBrew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

For me the CE guide was worth the $20. Also the art in the guide is different than the art book that you get as a preorder from gamestop.

BTW I'm not good at these types of games, but I am really enjoying the game.
Posted Image

#618 Slixshot

Slixshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

anyone know the dimensions of the lithograph in the guide?
Posted Image

#619 Tracid

Tracid

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

My lamp from Gamestop doesn't do the lightning arcs automatically, I have to touch the top to start it. Would Gamestop do exchange or drag their feet?

Tracidic.png

#620 dilemna

dilemna

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Posted Image
The # is on the back

It is fantastic. Will be sure to get this now

Edited by dilemna, 10 April 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#621 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

My lamp from Gamestop doesn't do the lightning arcs automatically, I have to touch the top to start it. Would Gamestop do exchange or drag their feet?

If you do a defective return, you'd be put on a list for a replacement. Unless your store happened to have an extra one.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#622 Tracid

Tracid

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

If you do a defective return, you'd be put on a list for a replacement. Unless your store happened to have an extra one.

So just bring in the whole package to Gamestop I got it from and they give me a receipt or voucher for replacement?

Tracidic.png

#623 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

So just bring in the whole package to Gamestop I got it from and they give me a receipt or voucher for replacement?

Everything + receipt. Just remember seeing an email saying there's a list for replacing broken/defective lamps.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#624 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'm a huge MGS fan and got the US CE... I LOVE IT. The Lamp is definitely an awesome collectible to have. I wish the steelbook was the size of a PS3 case though... It's the size of DVD/360 game cases. Otherwise, I'm completely satisfied. The CE strategy guide is pretty sweet too. Definitely worth $20!

I'm befuddled by the G1 size as well.

My twitter messages to them have gone predictably ignored so far.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#625 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

ugh I keep seeing this topic and thinking it is an xbox system bundle

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#626 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

Edit: these are both playstation 3 copies

Question:

I preordered the standard edition from Amazon and wasn't able to cancel the order due to problems with my account so it shipped and I received it on release day. I also preordered one from Gamestop for the artbook. I decided rather then dick around with returns I'd just sell my extra copy on ebay.

I was surprised to find out that the copy I purchased from Amazon weighs only 3.4oz while the one I picked up at Gamestop weighs 4.0oz.

I checked the barcodes and they are the same so it's not a dlc card of anything causing the weight difference.

The copy from Amazon has a sloppy shrinkwrap (not tight to the game case) but I've seen worse. This was a release day delivery so it wouldn't have been the return but the weight difference has me concerned that maybe one of the copies is missing a disc?

I can hear noise when I rattle it around but I can't tell if that is the disc or the paper inserts.

Can anyone explain why their is a weight difference?

#627 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Edit: these are both playstation 3 copies

Question:

I preordered the standard edition from Amazon and wasn't able to cancel the order due to problems with my account so it shipped and I received it on release day. I also preordered one from Gamestop for the artbook. I decided rather then dick around with returns I'd just sell my extra copy on ebay.

I was surprised to find out that the copy I purchased from Amazon weighs only 3.4oz while the one I picked up at Gamestop weighs 4.0oz.

I checked the barcodes and they are the same so it's not a dlc card of anything causing the weight difference.

The copy from Amazon has a sloppy shrinkwrap (not tight to the game case) but I've seen worse. This was a release day delivery so it wouldn't have been the return but the weight difference has me concerned that maybe one of the copies is missing a disc?

I can hear noise when I rattle it around but I can't tell if that is the disc or the paper inserts.

Can anyone explain why their is a weight difference?

Try weighing a PS3 disc from another game that's laying around and see if weighs .6 oz

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#628 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

Try weighing a PS3 disc from another game that's laying around and see if weighs .6 oz

A PS3/blu-ray disc does weigh .5 or .6oz so that is why I'm worried.

I actually forgot that I had two copies of MGR (PS3) that were shipped to me from Amazon and both weight significantly less (3.3oz and 3.4oz) then my copy from Gamestop (4.0oz).

What are the odds that there aren't discs in both Amazon copies?

Both the GS and AZ copies make similar noise when I shake them around... I'm trying my hardest to try and see through the case to see if I see a disc but I'm not having a luck

#629 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

A PS3/blu-ray disc does weigh .5 or .6oz so that is why I'm worried.

I actually forgot that I had two copies of MGR (PS3) that were shipped to me from Amazon and both weight significantly less (3.3oz and 3.4oz) then my copy from Gamestop (4.0oz).

What are the odds that there aren't discs in both Amazon copies?

Both the GS and AZ copies make similar noise when I shake them around... I'm trying my hardest to try and see through the case to see if I see a disc but I'm not having a luck

My sealed PS3 copy from BB weighs 3.4 ounces. When I shake it, it doesn't make that obvious disc rattling. The sound is very slight which is just the manual inserts rattling around.

So I'm not sure what's up with GS copies ::shrug::

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#630 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

My sealed PS3 copy from BB weighs 3.4 ounces. When I shake it, it doesn't make that obvious disc rattling. The sound is very slight which is just the manual inserts rattling around.

So I'm not sure what's up with GS copies ::shrug::

Oh lord. I thought it was something wrong with my scale but I have calibrated it and each time the AZ copies are at 3.4/3.3oz like your BB copy but my gamestop one is at 4.0oz each and every time.

I had at first thought maybe GS had some sort of exclusive voucher but the barcode on all copies is the same.

Guess I'll just cross my fingers.