Photo
- - - - -

Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#661 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Ahhhhh Ok thanks!

no! no thanks! G2 is ps3/blu ray sized haha
Posted Image

#662 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

Anyone received theie zavvi orders yet? How did it arrive? Damaged?

#663 jimivegas

jimivegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

http://www.amazon.co...h?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does anyone know if the guide is helpful? And what the benefit is by getting this version? Collector's edition seems to be on sale.

#664 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Not yet. I'm in Washington state.

#665 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

http://www.amazon.co...h?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does anyone know if the guide is helpful? And what the benefit is by getting this version? Collector's edition seems to be on sale.

It's a gorgeous guide that also has an art section. Past that, any info inside could just as easily be obtained online--as is always the case.

On another note, I really want my Japanese LE to get here!! It shipped a few days ago, but I'm pretty sure it's still a week out.

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#666 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Where did you ordered JP LE from?

#667 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

I just got mine yesterday in perfect condition. The package itself was pretty light (compared to the LE HD collection) since it's only the game and the figure. I was surprised at how large the figure was and how detailed it was.

It didn't come with the soundtrack (unlike the US CE), nor the steelbook, but at least the cover art is reversible.

What I ended up doing is switching out the UK version of the game along with the cover art and swapped it with the (2 disc) US CE case.

Oh yeah, I checked and I was only charged $155 + $5 exchange fee. No delivery charge for whatever reason..

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#668 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

Where did you ordered JP LE from?

nippon-yasan.com. They have fantastic prices, and they package their stuff really well.

I just got mine yesterday in perfect condition. The package itself was pretty light (compared to the LE HD collection) since it's only the game and the figure. I was surprised at how large the figure was and how detailed it was.

It didn't come with the soundtrack (unlike the US CE), nor the steelbook, but at least the cover art is reversible.

What I ended up doing is switching out the UK version of the game along with the cover art and swapped it with the (2 disc) US CE case.

Oh yeah, I checked and I was only charged $155 + $5 exchange fee. No delivery charge for whatever reason..

Are they doing the better shipping with tracking and insurance yet, or is it the same old small packets it's always been?

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#669 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

nippon-yasan.com. They have fantastic prices, and they package their stuff really well.

Are they doing the better shipping with tracking and insurance yet, or is it the same old small packets it's always been?

I honestly am not sure about the insurance, however I did get a tracking # when the order shipped, but it wasn't that accurate (comparatively speaking with USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.). I believe they do tracking for "larger" items like the MGS HD Coll. CE.

They did ship it in a box that was slightly larger than it and packed it with a lot of paper, so I think they learned their lesson from before.

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#670 Slixshot

Slixshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

So I've noticed these are in stock at GS, BB, and Amazon... Do we expect that these will drop in price or should I just go for the purchase for security?
Posted Image

#671 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

So I've noticed these are in stock at GS, BB, and Amazon... Do we expect that these will drop in price or should I just go for the purchase for security?

GS.com and all stores locally to me was out of stock until a few days ago. Right now only a few stores replenished stock.

I'm keeping my eye on it. I absolutely loved the game and starting my 3rd playthrough now. If one of these stores goes OOS again then I will feel the pressure. But until then i simply went with regular edition and pre-ordered the play arts figure that's limited to 1000 units. I think i'll be happy enough with that.

#672 Slixshot

Slixshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

GS.com and all stores locally to me was out of stock until a few days ago. Right now only a few stores replenished stock.

I'm keeping my eye on it. I absolutely loved the game and starting my 3rd playthrough now. If one of these stores goes OOS again then I will feel the pressure. But until then i simply went with regular edition and pre-ordered the play arts figure that's limited to 1000 units. I think i'll be happy enough with that.

Hey buddy, I just checked amazon again and they're out of stock! Check best buy and gamestop because this suckers gone! GO!
Posted Image

#673 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Officially sold out, congrats to those who pre-order this!

#674 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Gamestop still has them. Amazon probably got tired of the complaints/returns.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#675 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Gamestop still has them. Amazon probably got tired of the complaints/returns.

Mine came through from Amazon just fine, but they really should have taken more care with the packing. Mine came in a box twice the size of the actual CE box without any air pillows or styrofoam fillers. Plus, the box was not marked as fragile even though there's a GLASS LAMP in there. :roll:

#676 Tracid

Tracid

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Gamestop supposedly put me on the email for lamp replacement last week, still haven't heard a peep. I think they are stalling me out of the 30 day coverage.

Tracidic.png

#677 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Gamestop supposedly put me on the email for lamp replacement last week, still haven't heard a peep. I think they are stalling me out of the 30 day coverage.

return it, and get it at bestbuy.

#678 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Taking an item down due to complaints is not the same as selling out. These are not even remotely rare, they still have several at my GS and even a few at my BB.

Yea there is no way they sold out of these they had tons of them left. They were just fed up with complaints. I'm hoping they bring them back.. I can't imagine they will return all of their inventory to the manufacturer but who knows.

I want to buy from them but it makes me mad when they sell their used ones for more than retail price. I know AWH has formulas they use but knowing they have new ones they can sell for $150 sitting there but they refuse to and instead theyre selling used ones for more, frustrating.

#679 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Yea there is no way they sold out of these they had tons of them left. They were just fed up with complaints. I'm hoping they bring them back.. I can't imagine they will return all of their inventory to the manufacturer but who knows.

I want to buy from them but it makes me mad when they sell their used ones for more than retail price. I know AWH has formulas they use but knowing they have new ones they can sell for $150 sitting there but they refuse to and instead theyre selling used ones for more, frustrating.

I just received one from AWD, the lamp only lights up, doesnt seem to do the whole electricity thing. Is this a normal defect?

#680 xodakuzen

xodakuzen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

The switch has 3 positions. The middle if off. I think down is lights only and up is everything.

#681 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

The switch has 3 positions. The middle if off.

yeah, the top is supposed to arc right? Are you supposed to let it warm up?

#682 xodakuzen

xodakuzen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

Mine started up right away.

#683 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Mine started up right away.

thanks, I guess its defective then.

#684 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

thanks, I guess its defective then.

Yep there are three modes. The Arc Lightning Mode (I'm calling it that :p) should immediately show the arc forming on the top.

Top - Arc Lightning Mode
Middle - Off
Bottom - On (Blue Lights only)

There is also a small flathead screw on the bottom of the lamp, if you turn it a certain amount to one side it changes the plasma arc formation. Might want to give it a shot before you return it (I probably would return it regardless however).

#685 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

Amazon's strategy: Why sell it for $150 new when we can sell it for $180 used and not have to deal with broken lamp complaints :wall:

#686 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

hello!

my zavvi order was shipped on Monday (since they were able to charge my card then), and I was charged $155 as opposed to the $191!

wow! so happy :D

#687 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Amazon did put back new ones for sale after they had taken them down. It was up for nearly a week. You conspiracy theorists need to chill :lol:

#688 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Amazon did put back new ones for sale after they had taken them down. It was up for nearly a week. You conspiracy theorists need to chill :lol:

yea but when it was taken down there was a notice that they were investigating a problem and it would be back soon. There is no notice now it's most likely gone for good.

#689 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

eBay is already jacking up prices.
Those who bought it can rejoice now. :lol:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#690 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

eBay is already jacking up prices.
Those who bought it can rejoice now. :lol:

still not as crazy as the prices for ni no kuni collectors editions.