Photo
- - - - -

Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#121 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

I HOPE that it is not USB. Just put a regular plug in it you idiots.

Would be cool to have Raidens sword inside. Do we know its size yet? Looks like its around 12inches.

Posted Image

#122 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

I would guess 6-8 inches based on the pic relative to the thickness of the cord.

#123 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

think about it - it's for a console... they want it to be compatible with it and not take another plug off the outlet...

lol - i hope not either but i bet to make the most amount of profit margin it has to be + expensive - size.

i am at work and used a waterbottle as a ref compared to my keyboards usb cable.

#124 Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige

For Answer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Explain this to me like i'm 12 :oops:

It puts a hold on you card?

Let's say you have $100 of amazon credit from trading in games or what have you, if you decide to use that credit towards this LE it will tie up that $100 of credit unless you decide to cancel the preorder. I assume the way around that would be to preorder without the credit, and then maybe have CS apply it later on if it's sold out but you preordered and you do have credit?

That's what I believe they are referring to.

#125 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

It looks great, I love Metal Gear, and I want it, but no way am I paying $150. I don't care if it becomes rare or its ebay value triples a few years from now. I would like to think the lamp is large enough to be worthwhile (12 inches), but I'm guessing it's more like 6-8 inches which would be a real downer.

If I don't see it at a decent price in the future, so be it, I can live without it.

#126 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

No way I'm spending $90 more for a lamp that should be $30 at most.

#127 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

No way I'm spending $90 more for a lamp that should be $30 at most.

*sighs* Yet again... See below:

Also, to all the "lololol $90 lamp" people, that's not the only thing included. :roll: The Steelbook itself is also a nice addition. But yes, 'tis a bit overpriced.

Spoiler

Plus you can bet there'll be special packaging and we know the OST will be included.

PEOPLE! Stop acting like the lamp is $90, it's not the only thing included!!!

I give up. :shrugs:

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#128 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

I would guess 6-8 inches based on the pic relative to the thickness of the cord.

that's what she said

#129 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Best get this in a year when its $30 at BestBuy.

#130 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Those waiting for a price drop won't get it because anything Kojima sells out quick and very limited. I'd definately preorder it and slowly pay it off at your local Gamestop. Metal Gear collector editions always hold their value and increase over time. Look at the MGS3 Subsistance LE...that thing goes for $150+ on Ebay. It was $40-50 when it first came out.

Paying something off slowly doesn't really make it any cheaper or more of a deal. It's still $150 and overpriced.

#131 anumeric

anumeric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

I don't think bestbuy will be caring the LE.
I checked the preorder kiosk yesterday and only the reg version was listed.
Plus they didn't carry the last MGS LE.
I think only amazon and GameStop will have the LE

#132 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

In your wet dream. Both this and the ZOE Collection LE will be selling at above MSRP after release.

#133 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

*sighs* Yet again... See below:

Plus you can bet there'll be special packaging and we know the OST will be included.

I give up. :shrugs:

A steel book and an ost arent really "special". Lots of games come with OSTs and steelbooks for preordering the basic game. I'm still going with 90 dollar lamp.

#134 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

If it's any indication to the other MG games this LE will fetch 2x-3x what it's worth if nothing else.

#135 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

As far as I can remember, Best Buy never stocked any MGS LE. I know for a fact, MGS4 and Peace Walker LE were exclusive to Gamestop. MGS HD Collection was exclusive to Amazon and Gamestop. Currently, ZoE HD LE is only sold by Amazon and Gamestop. It's also known that Kojima LE are in fact limited. So, the chances of this LE being sold for $30 at BB, let alone carry the LE, is slim to none.

#136 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

Let's say you have $100 of amazon credit from trading in games or what have you, if you decide to use that credit towards this LE it will tie up that $100 of credit unless you decide to cancel the preorder. I assume the way around that would be to preorder without the credit, and then maybe have CS apply it later on if it's sold out but you preordered and you do have credit?

That's what I believe they are referring to.

I believe you can't buy/preorder anything without your credit applying first, whenever I pre-ordered from Amazon you pay as much of the balance with your credit first. Then the rest of balance can be payed by credit card. The balance paid by credit is held up until you cancel the preorder or the order ships and your credit is deducted from your account.

#137 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

I believe you can't buy/preorder anything without your credit applying first, whenever I pre-ordered from Amazon you pay as much of the balance with your credit first. Then the rest of balance can be payed by credit card. The balance paid by credit is held up until you cancel the preorder or the order ships and your credit is deducted from your account.

Use up your credit in a placeholder order, once you done with ordering MG, cancel the placeholder order.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#138 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:32 AM

If it does turn out to be USB (And as short as some of you are guessing), I really might be cancelling my order.....whether or not it turns out to be rare.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#139 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

If it's any indication to the other MG games this LE will fetch 2x-3x what it's worth if nothing else.

Mgs4 le is worth less than what it sold for.

#140 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

Mgs4 le is worth less than what it sold for.

Yeah, I found that strange. It was a nice LE set as well though it didn't come with an artbook (not counting the really thin black making of booklet) or any "toys". The limited eidtion of MGS3 came with even less and sold for a hell of a lot for awhile until HD collection came along. The only reason I can think of is maybe they produced a lot more than they usually do for MGS4 LE than they did for the other LE sets. It isn't like there are pages of it for sale on ebay either. Who knows?

523546.png

#141 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

A steel book and an ost arent really "special". Lots of games come with OSTs and steelbooks for preordering the basic game. I'm still going with 90 dollar lamp.

Very rarely do they come with "AAA" games, and if they do it's usually one or the other. Also, there aren't even that many non AAA games that come with a OST & SB without a premium price. I think you're also forgetting that SteelBooks mean more to collectors than most other collectibles, people often pay upwards of $20-$40 to import just a Steelbook case.

Collectors still includes OST & SB(which will most likely be the only way to obtain these, at least for the time being where the OST is concerned) on top of lamp for the extra money. So, no, you're still wrong. It's not an extra $90 for a lamp.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#142 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

Very rarely do they come with "AAA" games, and if they do it's usually one or the other. Also, there aren't even that many non AAA games that come with a OST & SB without a premium price. I think you're also forgetting that SteelBooks mean more to collectors than most other collectibles, people often pay upwards of $20-$40 to import just a Steelbook case.

Collectors still includes OST & SB(which will most likely be the only way to obtain these, at least for the time being where the OST is concerned) on top of lamp for the extra money. So, no, you're still wrong. It's not an extra $90 for a lamp.

Ok, $5 steel book, $5 soundtrack, $80 lamp, hahaha.

#143 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

I think even the hardest of the hardcores will have a hard time justifying 100 dollars for a lamp.

#144 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

It's not $90 for a lamp, it's $149.99 for game, ost, steel book and lamp. You can assign "buying cost" for the different pieces any way you like. It's subjective, for me if this does become rare missing the steel book would be my biggest concern. With that being said, locked in a preoreder, we will see how my year end bonus check looks like...

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#145 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

I think even the hardest of the hardcores will have a hard time justifying 100 dollars for a lamp.

The hardest of hardcores pay hundreds of dollars for POS Portal toys.

#146 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

The hardest of hardcores pay hundreds of dollars for POS Portal toys.

and skylanders figurines. have you seen how much they sell for? :hot:

#147 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

and skylanders figurines. have you seen how much they sell for? :hot:

Yes. Any product is only worth what someone will pay for it. So everything is pretty much subjective. I don't care about a steelbook or OST, so I would be only buying this for the lamp. But at $150, I don't think it's worth it. If it were $100, I would probably jump on this.

#148 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

I don't care if it's worth it or not, it's Metal Gear & resistance if futile :lol:

Also, to all the "lololol $90 lamp" people, that's not the only thing included. :roll: The Steelbook itself is also a nice addition. But yes, 'tis a bit overpriced.

Spoiler

Another thing that folks need to consider is the quality of the game itself. This game with MGS in the title is geared towards MGS fans while Raiden was not well received. The whole new direction with the gameplay is a big gamble when it comes to the hardcore MGS fanbase. If this game blows up, I can't see this CE holding up in value like the previouis MGS LE's.

As a MGS fan, I'm a little pessimistic this game will do well - if it flops, I'll be really disappointed. OTOH, I actually like the lamp idea. How many lame ass statues have we been seeing in CE's the last few years? At least Platinum is trying to be different and creative here.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#149 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

Ok, $5 steel book, $5 soundtrack, $80 lamp, hahaha.

$5 SB & $5 OST? Yeah, okay, I'm done discussing this with you.

As mentioned above, I am also happy to see something that you don't really see in CE's... It's interesting and goes along with the subject material quite nicely.

#150 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

I see Rising being a very niche MGS game, based on previous albeit "old" gameplay footage. From what was shown then, it's nothing like any MGS game and the only thing MGS about is is the characters and visuals.

I do like the lamp, not sure if I like it $150 worth but it looks cool.

fs_overall.png