Photo
- - - - -

Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#151 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

I like the lamp better than a statue as a CE goodie just for variety's sake, but I'm pretty sure it still wouldn't hold my interest unless the build quality's really good. Even then, it's doubtful.

I have it pre-ordered on the off chance there's an Amazon pricing error or the real price turns out to be $100 or less. Since it's months away from release anyway, waiting is really all any of us can do.

#152 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

$5 SB & $5 OST? Yeah, okay, I'm done discussing this with you.

As mentioned above, I am also happy to see something that you don't really see in CE's... It's interesting and goes along with the subject material quite nicely.

Halo 2 LE was $5 more than the regular edition and came with a steel book and an extra DVD. They just keep inflating prices of LE's. $150 seems to become the standard for them if they come with anything besides a steelbook.

#153 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

I've got on order, if history is true for MGS as many have said it won't be a large run look at ZOE HD LE it's sold out on Amazon already. Even if this is the price I'm in you won't see these at BB marked down to 24.99 next June.

#154 Jawwaad1

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

The page is now for pre orders and not saying out of stock

#155 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

The page is now for pre orders and not saying out of stock

It probably changed since they added the expected release date. I got an email about it from Amazon.

#156 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

I have $25 on the regular edition and was thinking of upgrading but sorry $150 is way too much

I do want the art book but his thing ain't gonna be worth $150 IMO

Compare this to ZOE LE for $50 I think now that's a steal

#157 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

This shit is beyond the dumbest.

#158 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

I have $25 on the regular edition and was thinking of upgrading but sorry $150 is way too much

I do want the art book but his thing ain't gonna be worth $150 IMO

Compare this to ZOE LE for $50 I think now that's a steal

Does ZoE come with a LE Plasma lamp!?! Didn't think so... I'm really curious to see how that thing looks but I'll probably cancel my pre-order if it turns out to be really lame (or if the game goes to shit by that point...)

#159 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

In for one. Honestly CAG's, you can cancel anytime. Nobody is holding a gun to your head to buy the thing. Better safe than sorry, if it's truly limited. Did the same with the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary and cancelled 2 weeks before release. You can cancel anytime.

Edited by NolbertoS, 10 October 2012 - 05:26 AM.

Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#160 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

agreed.

#161 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

This actually looks pretty good considering it's yet another low cost tchotchke. Like a few others I really want the steelbook, possibly I'll sell off the extras but I also generally like to keep sets together.

Also, I noticed the only Fallout Survival Editions were over 200. They went through a clearance phase and the clock was pretty cheap, looking a good bit worse than the lamp.

#162 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

I know it says exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp, but I got the Dishonored Whale Oil USB Lamp yesterday and that thing was small (about the size of a shot glass) and that was free. I hope they make this Katana Lamp comparable to the size of a Lava Lamp if they really want this to be a collectible item.

#163 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

Posted Image

#164 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

This actually looks pretty good considering it's yet another low cost tchotchke. Like a few others I really want the steelbook, possibly I'll sell off the extras but I also generally like to keep sets together.

Also, I noticed the only Fallout Survival Editions were over 200. They went through a clearance phase and the clock was pretty cheap, looking a good bit worse than the lamp.

Sell off the extras? What the box it comes in? If you sell the extras its no longer a limited edition.

Its a lamp and a steelbook for $90 more then the vanilla version.

I'm a hardcore fan of MGS franchise but I can't justify spending that much money on one game. Not with the contents it comes with.

Which leads me to believe this LE will stay in stock long enough to possibly see a price drop. Not saying it will but i see the potential.

Look at the ZOE LE and all the speculation it had yet its still in stock and the xbox version is outselling the PS3 version.

needler420.png

#165 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Sell off the extras? What the box it comes in? If you sell the extras its no longer a limited edition.

Its a lamp and a steelbook for $90 more then the vanilla version.

I'm a hardcore fan of MGS franchise but I can't justify spending that much money on one game. Not with the contents it comes with.

Which leads me to believe this LE will stay in stock long enough to possibly see a price drop. Not saying it will but i see the potential.

I agree. I also can't justify spending $90 more for a lamp and what looks to be a G1 steelbook.

sixteenvolt420.png

#166 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

I agree. I also can't justify spending $90 more for a lamp and what looks to be a G1 steelbook.

That's what I was thinking. For another $90 bucks I can find nicer things id rather spend my money on.

Its a nice lamp and all but not worth $90 extra with the steelbook.

If it was $100 bucks I'd at least consider it and not bash it. As I said in another thread that $50 savings from the price point I had set way before its official announcement is a big difference to me. Id rather add $10 bucks and get the vanilla version at release or wait for the very first price drop. I do have high intentions of playing it ASAP. I am a huge MGS fan.

needler420.png

#167 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

That's what I was thinking. For another $90 bucks I can find nicer things id rather spend my money on.

Its a nice lamp and all but not worth $90 extra with the steelbook.

If it was $100 bucks I'd at least consider it and not bash it. As I said in another thread that $50 savings from the price point I had set way before its official announcement is a big difference to me. Id rather add $10 bucks and get the vanilla version at release or wait for the very first price drop. I do have high intentions of playing it ASAP. I am a huge MGS fan.

The people on this website that take the time to post about how expensive these CE's are aren't exactly the target demographic.

You have people paying $200 for one HALO 4 "FOTUS" DLC (probably more for those that have to have each skin)

$100 for ZE: VLR watches; $400 Chell Portal Guns; hell even the freebies from RE: ORC and RE6 (Capcom store Sign and Umbrella) sell for more then the cost of the game.

#168 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

The people on this website that take the time to post about how expensive these CE's are aren't exactly the target demographic.

You have people paying $200 for one HALO 4 "FOTUS" DLC (probably more for those that have to have each skin)

$100 for ZE: VLR watches; $400 Chell Portal Guns; hell even the freebies from RE: ORC and RE6 (Capcom store Sign and Umbrella) sell for more then the cost of the game.

Oh I know, I know. I pay too much attention to pop culture collectibles not to. I'm just giving my 2 cents on the game. Which is biased as any opinion is.

needler420.png

#169 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

I really liked the demo but I'm probably just going to go with the standard edition at Best Buy to get the $20 reward zone certificate back. I personally don't want to spend the extra money for just the sword lamp and case.
Posted Image

#170 edallasplanet

edallasplanet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Looks so awesome. I'm keeping my pre order.

#171 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

The lamp reminds me of those novelty lamps you find at Hot Topic and Spencer's that are kind of cool but are about 8 inches tall and $40.

#172 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Quite sure I didn't pay any sort of $400 for my Chell gun. MSRP was $140 on those.

#173 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Quite sure I didn't pay any sort of $400 for my Chell gun. MSRP was $140 on those.

He didn't say that you paid that much for it, he was stating thats the going rate for them now at most places where people are reselling the original run.

#174 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

One thing that all the Metal Gear LE's/CE's have had in common is rarity. It may be expensive, but they generally only gain in value.

collage8twitter_website41_zps568e62eb.jp

#175 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

One thing that all the Metal Gear LE's/CE's have had in common is rarity. It may be expensive, but they generally only gain in value.

Well, demand, not rarity. Every LE in recent years is being pushed out in likely similar numbers, but the demand for them varies like crazy. The Assassin's Creed series being the low end of demand, MGS the high end.

Pretty safe bet to be an even money purchase. Preordered the PS3 version, will probably let this one go through. Ouch, $300 between this and Songbird. Damn you triple AAA franchises.

#176 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

Finally some package art! I am loving the look of this thing and I am definitely keeping my 360 order. This one is definitely staying in my personal collection, unsealed and displayed properly as it should be!

xivpads.png

#177 ithebigc

ithebigc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

I really liked the demo but I'm probably just going to go with the standard edition at Best Buy to get the $20 reward zone certificate back. I personally don't want to spend the extra money for just the sword lamp and case.

If Best Buy keeps their promotion like how they did it this year, you can pre-order CEs/LEs and still get the $20 certificate. Of course, I don't know if they are keeping it that way for 2013 too

ithebigc.png

#178 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

I cancelled this to get the european version instead. It comes with a raiden statue.. Much better.

I used to care about value but now I only buy CEs and LEs if I have a genuine interest in the game. And I open them too. Began to realize that you can't enjoy the game without opening it. Otherwise it just collects dust on the side. It saves me headache too to be honest. I used to be indecisive, asking myself often, should I buy this or not? Is it going to be rare? But I'm not a reseller. Just a collector of games I'm truly like. If I'm not impressed by the game, no matter how rare the CE is, I pass on it.

#179 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

I also pre-ordered this, probably one of the few CE's I'm actually interested in keeping and displaying. The demo was absolutely amazing and it's on par with Bayonetta. (What else could you expect from Platinum Games?). I'm glad Konami gave the helm to P Games. Turning enemies into chop suey has never been so much fun. I thought it would be a complicated mechanic, but never thought it would work as well as it does.

I cancelled this to get the european version instead. It comes with a raiden statue.. Much better.

I used to care about value but now I only buy CEs and LEs if I have a genuine interest in the game. And I open them too. Began to realize that you can't enjoy the game without opening it. Otherwise it just collects dust on the side. It saves me headache too to be honest. I used to be indecisive, asking myself often, should I buy this or not? Is it going to be rare? But I'm not a reseller. Just a collector of games I'm truly like. If I'm not impressed by the game, no matter how rare the CE is, I pass on it.

Well said, really I only began collecting CE's this year. Luckily I only stick with the stuff I like and sell the rest. But I've mainly bought them because they were "cheap" and not really because I had a desire to display them. The only CE I genuinely bought for full price was God of War 3 and I was totally let down by the pandora box.

Honestly Europe seems to be getting better looking CE's than we do. RE6, Injustice, and Uncharted 3 just to name a few.

#180 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Bayonetta and Vanquish had great CE's overseas. I'm sore that I missed them.

I would like to go for the JPN CE but im not sure if its region locked or has english available. 2 dwarf geckos, soundtrack, steelbook, artbook, raiden figure by play arts...very nice
http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=2996