Photo
- - - - -

Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#211 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

You can preorder the european version via zavvi. Comes with raiden figure

#212 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Man I'm glad I pre-ordered now, looks awesome
Posted ImagePosted Image

#213 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

this is the nerdiest thing I can remember pre-ordering... wonder what's nerdier, this or the portal gun

#214 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

You can preorder the european version via zavvi. Comes with raiden figure

And a crushed box.

#215 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

This comes with an Xbox 360 or a PS3 right? Fucking A. I love Metal Gear, but...I can think of about 10,000 better things to do with my money than flush it down this particular toilet... I mean, even if the lamp is cool...it still says Metal Gear Rising on it. Meaning, it's not good decor.

You can just rotate the lamp so you see the back. Problem solved ;)

#216 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

so tempting....will wait till it's sold out and hopefully a random restock and score.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#217 Darshminder

Darshminder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

I almost bought that cheap one until I saw it was a model and that you have to assemble/paint it yourself. Too bad, I liked how it had the little figurines with it.

Same here. Should have at least had each piece pre-painted... Oh well.

#218 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

wait 3 months and get it for $60 imo

#219 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Wow, that lamp is much bigger than I expected. Even if it is USB plug, you can just use a smartphone power adapter to make it work just like if it were a normal lamp.

I want one, but I'm going to take the risk and hope to find it for $100 or less at some point.

#220 emets31

emets31

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

I cancelled this to get the european version instead. It comes with a raiden statue.. Much better.

I used to care about value but now I only buy CEs and LEs if I have a genuine interest in the game. And I open them too. Began to realize that you can't enjoy the game without opening it. Otherwise it just collects dust on the side. It saves me headache too to be honest. I used to be indecisive, asking myself often, should I buy this or not? Is it going to be rare? But I'm not a reseller. Just a collector of games I'm truly like. If I'm not impressed by the game, no matter how rare the CE is, I pass on it.

Where did you preorder it from and for how much, if you don't mind me asking?

#221 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

From zavvi.

There's a risk that your box will be ruined by the carriers.

I think a lot of CAGs who imported the zavvi exclusive MGS HD Limited Edition received theirs in bad shape (the outer box, not sure about the contents though)

#222 emets31

emets31

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Ok, cool. Thanks for the heads up. I checked there already, but I wasn't sure if there was somewhere better and/or cheaper.

#223 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

I cancelled this to get the european version instead. It comes with a raiden statue.. Much better.

I looked that one up, and I'm still thinking this one is the better value. The Zavvi one will end up costing around $20 more due to the importing costs and exchange rate, and all you get is the figure & bonus in game armor.

Now, the figure is a Play Arts Kai figure, so those are very nice and do retail around $50, but that's basically all you're getting. Also, knowing Play Arts, if there isn't one out yet, you can bet the same figure(if not a very similar one) will be available to purchase at some point. I'm pretty sure the lamp will be exclusive to this set, plus you're still getting the steelbook & soundtrack.

$170 for the game & figure seem like overkill when you can probably get the figure(or a similar one) elsewhere, plus you run the higher risk of your package getting severely damaged.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#224 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Most of us already have the Zavvi LE ordered and/or the US lamp edition ordered... but damn, wanted to make sure you guys saw this Japan-only release. Not so much an LE game, but an LE console. Awesomeness:

Posted Image

Source (Polygon via Konami Style)

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#225 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Of course its japanese only. Can I use gamestop credit on a japanese website?

#226 GRAYFIREFOX

GRAYFIREFOX

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Amazon Japan has opened pre-order for the LE. Those two thing are so freaking cute

http://www.amazon.co...&language=en_JP

8,000 yen is pretty fair price

It is not that expensive ($120 including shipping and such)

Also the Konami Style Japan is taking pre-order for the Premium package

#227 keine

keine

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

"Shipping: We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan"

ok
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#228 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

ok

Get in touch with dv8mad, he can hook you up.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#229 GRAYFIREFOX

GRAYFIREFOX

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

ok

Use a package forwarding service like Tenso

#230 atreyu25

atreyu25

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Sorry to bump this, but the lamp size was revealed yesterday. It's going to be 14.17 inches long and 3.54 inches wide according to GameStop. They are also going to be carrying a 24 page artbook for you guys that are still thinking of getting this.

#231 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

Most of us already have the Zavvi LE ordered and/or the US lamp edition ordered... but damn, wanted to make sure you guys saw this Japan-only release. Not so much an LE game, but an LE console. Awesomeness:

Posted Image

Source (Polygon via Konami Style)

I recognize the word on the front to be "slice", what's the word on the back?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#232 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

Sorry to bump this, but the lamp size was revealed yesterday. It's going to be 14.17 inches long and 3.54 inches wide according to GameStop. They are also going to be carrying a 24 page artbook for you guys that are still thinking of getting this.

I'm definitely getting it, but I have credit at BB so I might just have to get it there. Wouldn't mind the exclusive Gray Fox skin from GS but I'm sure they'll release it down the road.

Still unsure if I will get the lamp edition or not, seems pretty damn steep even for a Metal Gear collectible.

On a sidenote, didn't think the Super Slim could look good at all, but that PS3 looks sick as hell. Wish I had money to blow.

#233 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Gotta say, I'm pretty damn jealous of the stuff Japan is getting for this game, the super slim especially.

I kinda want the lamp but idk..that $150 could buy a 3DS, or a used wii with quite a few older games, or over half of a PS3.

#234 Platinumstorm

Platinumstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

ROFL that is expensive as shit for that. What a rip off.

#235 SGRX

SGRX

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

From zavvi.

There's a risk that your box will be ruined by the carriers.

I think a lot of CAGs who imported the zavvi exclusive MGS HD Limited Edition received theirs in bad shape (the outer box, not sure about the contents though)

I picked up one of the MGS LEs from Zavvi, and yeah it was pretty banged up when it arrived. I'm not sure if they have changed their packaging, but it wasn't boxed, just the game box in a gray plastic bag/envelope. The contents were fine, but there was nothing really fragile inside, I'd be uncomfortable trusting to ship me the statue safely.

#236 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

I don't get why you guys are Jealous of those limited editions PS3's that and the ni no kuni ones are crap IMO. It's a tiny Japanese letter in the corner of the console and a blue paint job on top. I'm a hardcore MGS fan but I fail to see how that PS3 is nice or even close to being art. It's a quick cash grab to charge a premium. Those $10 dollar PS3 skins have better art then that.

I swear they could write MGS or final fantasy on any item and some of you would not only buy it but still pay stupid prices.

btw so you guys know I'm talking about the system not the collectors edition. But I still think the MGS one is too expensive for it's contents. Basing monetary value aside I like the quality of the contents of ni no kuni better not to mention almost $50 cheaper.

If others like the design and don't mind the price tag, why are you in the position to define this as "stupid"? Extrapolating your logic, a lot of merchandise has "stupid" prices, a Hermes handbag, a bottle of Lafite, basically all women's high end cosmetics...

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#237 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

It's about personal perception. I love stuff like this

#238 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

If others like the design and don't mind the price tag, why are you in the position to define this as "stupid"? Extrapolating your logic, a lot of merchandise has "stupid" prices, a Hermes handbag, a bottle of Lafite, basically all women's high end cosmetics...

Well just as you pointed out Hermes and Lafite as stupid prices which I have no clue what those are. I figured I point out some others.

I guess these are the Hermes and Lafite of gaming.

needler420.png

#239 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

I don't get why you guys are Jealous of those limited editions PS3's that and the ni no kuni ones are crap IMO. It's a tiny Japanese letter in the corner of the console and a blue paint job on top. I'm a hardcore MGS fan but I fail to see how that PS3 is nice or even close to being art. It's a quick cash grab to charge a premium. Those $10 dollar PS3 skins have better art then that.

I swear they could write MGS or final fantasy on any item and some of you would not only buy it but still pay stupid prices.

btw so you guys know I'm talking about the system not the collectors edition. But I still think the MGS one is too expensive for it's contents. Basing monetary value aside I like the quality of the contents of ni no kuni better not to mention almost $50 cheaper.

Some people will go nuts over LE/CE items. If konami released limited edition MGS toilet paper, they would sell like hot cakes. :D

#240 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

lol.... Why do all your high expensive comparisons always end up being women's merchandise? This isn't cheapasshandbags. =P

To stay on topic, I'm still undecided if I want to keep my Pre-Order, time will tell.