Photo
- - - - -

GameFly Weekend Deals: Infamous 2 $10, Twisted Metal, R3 $13, Halo CE $13 and More

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Is it true that the 3DS version of Sonic Generations has some different levels compared to the console versions because then I would consider double dipping since I enjoyed the game on 360? If not then I will just pass.

#62 cartvader1

cartvader1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

couldn't pass up Infamous 2 for $10. Thanks to OP.

#63 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Aaaah... I'll wait on Sonic Generations to hit 9.99. It really isn't that good on 3DS.

#64 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Just bought a kinect is wipeout or kinect sports 2 worth grabbing?

Hows test drive?

#65 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

Kinect Sports 2 is definitely a fun game for the Kinect. The Wipeout series sells well, haven't tried my copy yet. Keep in mind, MS just released a KS two pack with the first two games.

I can't believe I freakin' missed Halo *AGAIN*
-Michael

Posted Image

#66 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

Is it true that the 3DS version of Sonic Generations has some different levels compared to the console versions because then I would consider double dipping since I enjoyed the game on 360? If not then I will just pass.

The levels are different, it's just not a very good game compared to the console version (which I love).

#67 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

Was going to buy wipeout but no free shipping

#68 lockarm

lockarm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Signed up for inFamous 2 $10, even though I bought inFamous 1 for $10 on Black Friday 2010 and haven't even touched it yet.....

Happy and sad at the same time. These $10 games are hard to pass up, but it's not doing my backlog any favors.

#69 Fors78

Fors78

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Got infamous 2. Added to my backlog lol along with infamous 1 I bought a long time ago that I have never even played yet...puts my backlog at around 100 games I think!

#70 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

Crap, missed out on Halo. It'll probably pop up near $10 elsewhere near BF.
Posted Image

#71 Nitro_

Nitro_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

My game shipped already, which is surprising since today is Saturday. I had some buyers remorse but whatever.

That is how I felt when I ordered SR3 4 days ago, and to top it off this was the first game out of over 40 I had bought that had damage to the case it was cracked and will not stay shut.

#72 Ikari Warrior

Ikari Warrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

TM sold out...I used to buy tons of games in these sales but with the last few months of sales everything is sold out within hours...
Posted Image

#73 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

TM sold out...I used to buy tons of games in these sales but with the last few months of sales everything is sold out within hours...

You gotta have that trigger finger ;)

#74 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

That is how I felt when I ordered SR3 4 days ago, and to top it off this was the first game out of over 40 I had bought that had damage to the case it was cracked and will not stay shut.

Contact Gamefly. They should send you a replacement case. My copy of Asura's Wrath came with a damaged case and they sent me a replacement case no problem.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#75 smacd101

smacd101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

Was considering TM but it's gone now, so guess that decides it for me.

#76 lorne

lorne

Sweeping the Ruins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

TM is back.

#77 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Thx in for Resistance 3

#78 mtincher

mtincher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Missed out on Halo. Oh well, it should pop up again in another sale.

#79 mike95

mike95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Picked up KS2.
Posted Image

#80 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

Anything new tonight, or is there a monthly sale or something this week?

#81 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Was considering TM but it's gone now, so guess that decides it for me.

Don't feel bad, you didn't miss out on anything. Single player can be finished in 3-4 hours and half of it (especially the races) isn't any fun. Online multiplayer is a blast the 20-30% of the time it works.

That is no exaggeration either. Online for everything but deathmatches is basically dead at this point so don't go in expecting to play much of hunted. I've spent 3-4 hours since I got the game trying to put a game of Nuke together, to this day I still haven't tried it. :cry:

The reason it died so quickly is because the netcode is ABYSMAL. This is, without exaggeration, one of the worst online systems of this generation, and is the worst I've seen on PS3. Literally 70-80% of the time you try to join a room/lobby you will get an error connection message of one type or another. You have to try to enter the same room again and again and again and again until you eventually get in. I can assure you this isn't a personal problem; I regularly play Mortal Kombat and Gotham City Imposters along with RDR and DCU Online every now and then, with another multiplayer game occasionally thrown in and have never had problems like this with any of them. You can go to any active forums and see the complaints for yourself, it's pretty bad. This is the primary problem you'll have to overcome, but there are others.

Once you finally get in, you can't start a match. Many of these matches require 6 or more players (why is beyond me). Inattentive hosts are also a major problem. Nothing is more frustrating than finally getting into a room, then finally getting enough people to play, just to discover the host quit paying attention or w/e and never starts the game, which eventually forces you to leave the room and find another. And of course it's virtually impossible to join in an existing game. Ranked matches don't allow it at all, and I've yet to successfully join an unranked match in progress. Finally I hear the game is unbalanced cause of the Talon helecoptor. I've never faced an opponent with a high enough rank to unlock it yet (can't imagine playing this game that much, it's pretty obvious most of the people playing online are people like me who recently got it) but it's a complaint I've read about on the forums. Considering the last update in the main lobby was around March (about a month after the game launched) it's safe to assume this game has been abandoned and left to die.

So yeah, I'd say you dodged a bullet. When you FINALLY get a match going online it can be fun, but it's really just not worth the headache it takes to get one started. I got the LE (came with Twisted Metal Black) for $20 and still wish I could get a refund, game simply isn't worth the disc it's printed on.

Infamous is cool if you ignore the user created missions. It sounds like a really neat concept but the truth is, compared to the main game, they are all crap.

Edited by rcerboss, 09 October 2012 - 08:50 PM.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#82 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Got TM today, it was the regular edition and for the first time the disc had scratches. It's ok though, I borrowed Black.

#83 sir-fly

sir-fly

watch me like tv

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

when do these deal go live? friday or saturday
1 free month of gamefly http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/3BD7

#84 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Usually if it's weekend sales, they go up Friday night. Somewhere between 5-7 PM PST.

#85 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

did u read the date on this deal? It passed.

#86 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Witcher 2 is $18+tax with free shipping at the moment, not sure if that's a notable deal or not, I assume a lot of people got it new at BB for $10

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#87 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Witcher 2 is $18+tax with free shipping at the moment, not sure if that's a notable deal or not, I assume a lot of people got it new at BB for $10

That's new as I was looking at a it a couple of days ago and shipping wasn't free.
Posted Image

#88 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Came in hoping to see a bunch of new deals...

Posted Image

#89 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Halo is showing up as 17.99 and kid Icarus is showing up 19.99 :(

I guess the deal isn't live yet ?

Edited by squishface, 12 October 2012 - 05:20 PM.
forgot something

"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#90 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

Halo is showing up as 17.99 and kid Icarus is showing up 19.99 :(

Deals in the title are from last week.
Posted Image