MMA (UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator, Invicta, etc.) Discussion Thread -- Version II

• Please log in to reply
908 replies to this topic

#31 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

There's been 3 key losses to the main event - Sara McMann vs Liz Carmouche was also scratched.

Posted Image

#32 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Some good news considering Vitor Belfort wasn't quite the contender people had hoped for.Comes in a bit lower then the bout with Machida which was around 480k I think.

"UFC 152 PPV Buys Estimated At Around 450,000"

#33 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Current rumors suggest that Strikeforce is going out of business.

"Sources close to BJPENN.com informed us just moments ago that Strikeforce operations are set to cease and that the promotion is going out of business.

The rumor comes shortly after news broke that Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold (10-1 MMA, 9-0 SF) was forced to pull out of his title fight with Lorenz Larkin (13-0 MMA, 4-0 SF) due to a wrist injury.

The middleweight title fight was the second key loss to a scheduled November 3rd card, following the loss of a heavyweight main event bout between Frank Mir and Daniel Cormier.

Stay tuned to BJPENN.com for further updates"

Yeah I heard about that as well. Strikeforce is apparently going to close up shop in 2013 and that is when their deal with Showtime is getting finished too. So we should be seeing SF fighters transitioning over very soon.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#34 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

Wonder what the Fitch haters are going to say tonight. He looked fantastic and absolutely went after it! Love watching fights like that!

#35 -GoodFella-

-GoodFella-

Barca Reigns Supreme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

Man, that Fabio Maldonado is not human!!!!! I've never seen a guy take a beating for that long!!!! shit was almost disturbing tbh.

#36 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

when anderson wins can we please get gsp vs anderson?

#37 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

or jon jones

#38 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

or not so uh who's left at 185 for Silva?

#39 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

or not so uh who's left at 185 for Silva?

Weidman, Belcher, Bisping, even Boetsch. I'm tired of hearing about Silva fighting Jones or GSP. The GSP talk is beyond ridiculous and has been for years. Silva's fine with the GSP fight because he outweighs him by a large margin, but he is suspiciously uncomfortable with the idea of fighting Jones. There's more than enough people for him to take on at middleweight.

#40 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

So besides Wiedman no one.

#41 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

Before tonight honestly I wasn't that interested in Jones vs. Anderson but now...it does feel like the fight for Anderson to try and retire on.Just amazing how he let Bonnar throw all those shots and was just playing with him like that and then when he decides to go for the kill does it so easily,even more impressive with it being Bonnar whos never been legit finished until now and it was just with a perfectly timed knee.Watching Anderson strike just makes it seem as if time is slowed down for him to pick his shots like that.Vitor was able to threaten Jones with submissions at times with a near armbar and triangle towards the second,I'd think Anderson would manage to do better on the ground dealing with Jones.Seems like the biggest/most exciting superfight out there.

#42 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

Anderson moving left and right to dodge his attacks was pretty awe inspiring.

#43 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

Had a great time watching UFC 153 Tonight.The matches weren't really of that much importance but they were all fun entertaining fights.Even the Fitch fight was exciting and there was quite a lot of great grappling fights going on this card.

#44 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

Glover looked pretty good tonight. I'm very curious to see who he will fight next. I'd love to see a Rashad/Glover fight. Yeah I know Rashad turned down a fight with Glover earlier, but that was because the fight was on short notice.
Posted Image

#45 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

Even though he got the living hell beat out of him I think Fabio's stock somewhat rose showing off that sort of chin.I would be very surprised if he got cut after this despite being 1-3 in his last four.I would like to see Glover face Rampage next assuming Rampage will be healed up well enough sometime in the next 6 months.Glover is a good fighter but I don't think hes all that hes hyped up to be but I'm very interested in seeing him face a top fighter next like a Shogun or a Evans.

#46 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

I have never seen a more vicious beating then the one Fabio Maldonado took against Glover...that first round assault was insane...what made it more crazy is Fabio, being practically out on his feet managed to stun Glover with a left hook.

Despite most of this card being unimportant, there was still some fun fights, great ko's, and subs.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#47 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

If it wasn't for that at the end of the first round I had it as a 10-7 legit round for Glover.

#48 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

Tagging the new thread.

Good fights tonight.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#49 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

Chase is that you on sherdog as just plain Chase? lol.Joined a pool and see that name there, so figuring its maybe you although Chase is a more common name.

#50 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Fitch/Maia sounds like a good matchup to make, sense both are grapplers and Maia will probably have the advantage on the feet actually. Not that it would stay on the feet though.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#51 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

It does sound like a good match up.Almost "too good" in a way.This might sound crazy but I think last night was finally the night where it seemed like Fitch might be back in title contention(with Dana) again after putting on that display.

#52 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

Just took the lead in the Sherdog CAG Pool 8-)

Posted Image

#53 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

Didn't really notice there was a SherdogCAG pool.Joined up,took me a couple times to find it.

#54 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

It does sound like a good match up.Almost "too good" in a way.This might sound crazy but I think last night was finally the night where it seemed like Fitch might be back in title contention(with Dana) again after putting on that display.

Well I doubt he is an all-star in Dana's book but I think even if he was, it would be unfair for Fitch to be in a higher ranking then Maia. Same...maybe...but Fitch shouldn't be closer to a title shot then Maia, especially because Maia's putting on good fights even moreso now.

#55 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Well I doubt he is an all-star in Dana's book but I think even if he was, it would be unfair for Fitch to be in a higher ranking then Maia. Same...maybe...but Fitch shouldn't be closer to a title shot then Maia, especially because Maia's putting on good fights even moreso now.

Except for the fact that Fitch was promised a title shot before the Nick Diaz/Carlos Condit nonsense ever started. Yeah, he's had that freak KO loss against Hendricks since then, but the guy's record since his last fight against GSP is phenomenal. Any other fighter fights 3 times and gets another title shot. Fitch won 5 straight before being put on hold, and is 6-1-1 since he lost to GSP. He's earned it as much as anybody. Maia has had one impressive fight at 170. I don't doubt that he would have beaten Kim, but you can't count that one when it ended due to a freak injury. If Dana wants to have Fitch fight Maia for a title shot, I think that would be a good match up. But acting like Maia just has an automatic bid because of one win is crazy.

#56 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

No I don't think Maia is ranked HIGHER than Fitch, but I wouldn't necessarily say Fitch is significantly ahead of Maia in the WW rankings either. Personally I think a matchup between the two makes the most sense. Without them fighting each other, who does Fitch and Maia fight?

They are both nearing title contention because of the relative weakness of the division. Most guys at WW have already been beaten up by GSP or wouldn't have even a small chance to win, so nobody even bothers.

#57 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

"Jon Jones, Chael Sonnen to coach the next 'The Ultimate Fighter,' fight April 27, 2013."

http://www.latimes.c...0,1269872.story

Mother of god, this is going to be Must Watch tv. :applause:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#58 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

And Dana Previously said that Sonnen wouldn't be able to talk himself into a title shot at Light Heavyweight lol.Sonnen's mouth is that good and he still hasn't even re-debuted yet at LHW.

#59 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

All they need to do now is move it back to Thursday and TUF can be huge again.

Bonus idea: Bring back Junie Browning

Posted Image

#60 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

Chael Sonnen was made for reality TV. He could easily make TUF into the Chael Sonnen Variety Hour Presented by Nexersys.
Posted Image