MMA (UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator, Invicta, etc.) Discussion Thread -- Version II

• Please log in to reply
871 replies to this topic

#751 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

Sad day for n8.  One of his all time favs, Jake Shields, was cut by the UFC. lol

LMAO...I was just coming here to share the good news. I tell ya, man. Sometimes I feel like I actually understand MMA, lol. Shields doesn't try to win. it's that simple. He spends the entire fight trying to not let his opponent win. I don't particularly love goons who just stand there and throw haymakers...but even that is better than what Shields brings to the table.

Maybe now he'll take my advice and teach women's self-defense classes. He might not be able to knock anybody out...but you'd have a hell of a time trying to rape the guy. :lol:

#752 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

Today in "Delusional Ass Fighters"...

http://sports.yahoo....16788--mma.html

Why not you, Cyborg? Well...because you're a documented cheater and nobody likes you, lol. Ronda owes you nothing. And thanks to Cyborg's outlined "plan", there is ZERO reason for the UFC to bring her in to fight Ronda anyway. Her goal is basically to take Ronda's belt, shit on the UFC, and leave. Yeah...they TOTALLY should be thrilled for that. What an excellent business opportunity for them!

http://sports.yahoo....-153416815.html

Nick Diaz...a bottomless well of laughs and embarrassment. You've fought once in the past two years. You haven't won a fight in almost 3 years. But yeah, totally...you should be paid half a million dollars to fight. There are so many more relevant fighters in the Welterweight division now...I'm not even sure Diaz would crack the top 10 anymore.

Seriously, if you look at his fight history, the only big names he's beaten are fighters who retired after fighting him (BJ Penn and Frank Shamrock). Oh, and I guess Robbie Lawler 10 years ago when Lawler wasn't taking anything seriously. The only reason I'd want to see Nick Diaz fight again is so somebody can knock him the Fuck out like Josh Thomson did to his brother, lol.

#753 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

The gift that just keeps giving...

http://sports.yahoo....-161819700.html

Oh, Nick Diaz. I <3 you so much, lol. :lol:

#754 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

The gift that just keeps giving...

http://sports.yahoo....-161819700.html

Oh, Nick Diaz. I <3 you so much, lol. :lol:

I havent clicked the link yet, but just seeing this post has my giddy. He always delivers.

ahaaha, man, that guy is something. thankfully he puts together better combinations that he does intelligible sentences.

"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#755 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:53 AM

I havent clicked the link yet, but just seeing this post has my giddy. He always delivers.

ahaaha, man, that guy is something. thankfully he puts together better combinations that he does intelligible sentences.

Yeah...but just having the arrogance to think that his boxing skills are good enough to compete with one of the greatest of all time who has dedicated his entire life to that discipline is mind blowing.

I will always maintain the opinion that MMA is a vastly superior form of FIGHTING than boxing. But when you're taking on somebody in their specialty...with their rules, you're going to be out of your depth. I'm not even 100% sure Nick Diaz could outbox present day George Foreman, let alone Roy Jones Jr.

#756 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:10 AM

but you didnt listen to the interview, hes trained with some good guys...

Guy is delusional.

Posted Image

#757 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:02 AM

Awesome fight from Cowboy! I'll tell ya, he's looked really good his last few fights. Hope he can keep it up long enough to get a title shot. Dude deserves one.

Also, that GSP NOS commercial is great. "Buy it...with your money." Love the intentional awkwardness playing off of his accent.

#758 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:34 AM

Wow...Miesha got a little lucky there. I wasn't sure she did enough to steal that 2nd round. I was worried it was going to be one of those BS too little, too late fights where the fighter being dominated at the end still wins. Good for Miesha, but still nowhere close to Ronda's level.

#759 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

lmao...Travis Browne is a bum. He gets catapulted into title contention largely in part to Overeem not taking him seriously ...so he comes out and does the same thing to Werdum. Pretty apparent he bought into his own hype after beating Overeem and Barnett. And he's going to just stand there and coast to a loss. Pathetic. Just another one round, heavyweight gas can.

#760 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:48 AM

I think Overeem and Barnett are overrated.

Aren't both of them are known steroids abuser though?

#761 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

When I saw Khabib on the card tonight I was a little dumbfounded because I could have swore he was set to fight Benson. Then...

http://www.mmamania....urmagomedov-mma

Werdum looked awesome tonight. Havent seen him fight in a long time and his striking really impressed me. I told my buddy if it stays on the feet it's all Browne. Boy was I wrong.

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#762 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

lmao...Travis Browne is a bum. He gets catapulted into title contention largely in part to Overeem not taking him seriously ...so he comes out and does the same thing to Werdum. Pretty apparent he bought into his own hype after beating Overeem and Barnett. And he's going to just stand there and coast to a loss. Pathetic. Just another one round, heavyweight gas can.

i dont think it was him buying in after those wins. You remember how he came in the bigfoot fight? shit was ridiculous.

I was baffled by how he was such a favorite against werdum. i thought hed get finished early actually via sub.

I like browne, I just dont think hes an elite guy. I mean, that kick he took out reem with came after getting smashed.

Browne/Cain would have zero interest, cain would murder him. at least with werdum theres serious danger to cain on the mat, and werdum no longer looks like shields striking.

Posted Image

#763 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

Awesome fight from Cowboy! I'll tell ya, he's looked really good his last few fights. Hope he can keep it up long enough to get a title shot. Dude deserves one.

Also, that GSP NOS commercial is great. "Buy it...with your money." Love the intentional awkwardness playing off of his accent.

Crazy finish by Cowboy, most exciting part of the evening.  I thought Cowboy was done about a year or so back but he's been fighting better recently.  Still, he did recently get crushed by the current champ so I don't see a title shot coming his way any time in the near future.  Also the current champ never fights which also affects that.

Wow...Miesha got a little lucky there. I wasn't sure she did enough to steal that 2nd round. I was worried it was going to be one of those BS too little, too late fights where the fighter being dominated at the end still wins. Good for Miesha, but still nowhere close to Ronda's level.

I didn't think she won the 2nd either but none of my friends could comprehend that.  So I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one in the world who thought that.

Though I would have given that last round a 10-8 basically because she controlled the entire 5 minutes.  So I thought it was a draw.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#764 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:52 AM

I didn't think she won the 2nd either but none of my friends could comprehend that.  So I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one in the world who thought that.

Though I would have given that last round a 10-8 basically because she controlled the entire 5 minutes.  So I thought it was a draw.

I don't know...as dominant as Miesha was in the 3rd, I have a hard time giving a 10-8 without knockdowns or heavy damage or something. If judges actually ever used 10-10's the way they're supposed to...the 2nd round could have easily been a candidate for one. Personally, I'd rather see stuff like that happen than all the damn split decisions we see. But I guess people generally hate draws.

I watched the post fight press conference and a reporter asked Dana how he scored it, and he said he thought Carmouche won the 1st and 2nd...but then when he looked at it again, he said that if you judged it based on damage, it's not totally crazy to give it to Miesha. And I guess I could agree with that. But again, she's got a long way to go before she's ever a threat to Ronda. And her number one focus needs to be takedown defense. Seriously. She said she was surprised that Liz went for takedowns. Well...when it's that damn easy...lol.

#765 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

It is unsettling on a fundamental level that a former welterweight can come back looking exactly like Pride era Rampage Jackson. WTF Anthony Johnson???

#766 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:31 AM

Who's left for Jon Jones to fight, Cormier?

#767 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

Pretty much and Gus rematch

Posted Image

#768 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

Oh yeah I totally forgot about him.

#769 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:08 AM

Well...and Rumble now. Honestly, I don't think Jones should move up to heavyweight. His last few fights have made me question his ability to take damage. There's been a few times where it looks like he's an inch away from just getting knocked silly. And this weird ass masochistic tendency he has to try to beat fighters at their own game is foolish. All it takes is the wrong guy at the wrong time, and Jones is going to regret not making his opponent adapt to his game. And I sure as hell wouldn't play that game with Cain.

#770 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

Cain will kill Jones if they would ever fight.

#771 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

Well...and Rumble now. Honestly, I don't think Jones should move up to heavyweight. His last few fights have made me question his ability to take damage. There's been a few times where it looks like he's an inch away from just getting knocked silly. And this weird ass masochistic tendency he has to try to beat fighters at their own game is foolish. All it takes is the wrong guy at the wrong time, and Jones is going to regret not making his opponent adapt to his game. And I sure as hell wouldn't play that game with Cain.

Rumble is huge but ridiculously slow. He's pretty much a giant stalking his pray. Any swift striker can move in and out at will and pick him apart. Jones' moving up to heavyweight opens up a lot more interesting fights. The only reason he is so dominant at LHW is because of his size. The guy is 6'4 and has a 10 inch reach advantage over everyone he fights. Move him up to HW and he loses that advantage. Mind you, I think he would do well against many HW because the division is so weak, LHW division isn't very strong either. Cain is 6'1" and 235~240 and manhandling actual heavyweights. Really, Cain could fight LHW and I don't even want to see what he would do to those guys considering what he's doing to actual heavyweights. Both divisions are weak when you look at honestly. Now that GSP is out of the picture Welterweight is wide open and Lightweight has always been stacked. When you compare the competition, the lighter guys are leagues ahead.

Posted Image

#772 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

Good fights last night, lost of submissions and stoppages.  Jones really needs to close his hands I'm surprised he didn't get a 2nd warning about it.  

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#773 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

I agree that Jones doing that was a bit cheap. Joe Rogan made a good point that the reason they can't allow it is because it means Teixeira basically can't lunge in because he'd run into Jones fingers and basically poke himself in the eye. Mostly, I think Jones was doing it to frustrate him. There were a few times where he was palming Teixeira's forehead...like "nah nah nah...you can't reach me", lol. Honestly, the last few rounds of the fight basically felt like Jones egging Teixeira on, hoping he would do something stupid so Jones could get a finish. Some of it was effective...and some of it was just dumb.

As for warnings though, I really thought Glover should have gotten one for continuously spitting his mouthpiece out. The last time he did it was especially ridiculous. He had just unloaded a flurry of punches, obviously tiring himself out, then spits the mouthpiece out...and Miragliotta rinses it off for the second time, giving him a nice little breather. That's BS right there.

#774 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:33 AM

http://www.latimes.c...

Hope to see Aldo finally move up to 155 if he beats Mendes again. This is basically the only fight left for him at 145.

Posted Image

#775 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

http://www.latimes.c...

Hope to see Aldo finally move up to 155 if he beats Mendes again. This is basically the only fight left for him at 145.

Man I want Mendes to win this fight.  Sweet that it's not in Brazil too!

#776 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

Mendes has improved a lot since then imo. Should be a good fight.

Posted Image

#777 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:25 AM

lol Tito won haha

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#778 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:52 AM

TJ DILLASHAW! That fight was freaking amazing! Joe Rogan hit the nail on the head. That's the kind of fight that just makes you happy to be a fan. It's like watching a pitcher throw a perfect game. Even with Cormier finally finishing Henderson (after all the dry humping in the first two rounds), I'll still take a bantamweight/featherweight fight over LHW/HW any day.

Team Alpha Male is such a great gym, man. It's hard to dislike any of those guys. They treat the sport how it should be treated. Hard working guys and a great coach.

Also, it's crazy as hell that both Teixeira's and Barao's 9+ year winning streaks were snapped within a month of each other.

#779 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:56 AM

Incredible performance by Dillashaw tonight. If Mendes beats Aldo later this year it will be a great year for Alpha Male. Still in awe. Just an amazing, dominant performance all around. He literally could not have done anything better.

Posted Image

#780 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

Yeah im shocked how great dillishaw fought. im a big team alpha male fan and they've lost so many title fights recently. its awesome to see them win one. never thought it would be dillishaw though.