• Please log in to reply
815 replies to this topic

#91 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

Nice Maklershed.

Anyone catch bellator...horrible stoppage in the Marius Zaromskis vs Andrey Koreshkov fight. I thought it was Steve Mazzagatti reffing.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#92 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

That stoppage was abysmal and the eye poke = TKO for Good on the same card was poor as well.

As far as GSP, he is a naturally...in shape guy. He isn't small for WW and I've seen him next to LHWs looking right in place before so it doesn't surprise me anymore when I see him looking pretty built.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#93 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Wow. That stoppage was pretty damn pathetic. Guys's getting beat to death and the ref just puts his hands on his knees and continues watching. He could have probably pulled out a gun, shot the guy and the ref still wouldn't have stepped in any sooner.

#94 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

Note to referee: Ragdoll Arms =/= Intelligent Defense

Jesus Fucking Christ. 11 unprotected punches before a stoppage. Ref could have easily stopped the carnage 6 to 8 punches sooner without argument.
Posted Image

#95 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

So UFC on Fox 6 in Chicago on Jan 26 is shaping up to be a good card.

Demetrius Johnson Vs. John Dodson for the Flyweight Title
Anthony Pettis Vs. Donald Cerrone
Rampage Jackson Vs. Glover Teixeira

Definitely going to attend this event. I went to UFC on Fox 2 last January in Chicago and it was a blast!

Also, Anderson Silva is going to attend UFC 154 and could possibly call out Georges St-Pierre if he beats Condit

http://camelclutchbl...gsp-at-ufc-154/

The Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre fight talk is about to take a really interesting twist. According to Silva’s management, the often reclusive Silva will be in Montreal for GSP’s next fight vs. Carlos Condit and could make his presence known if GSP can pull out the win.

Fighters attending UFC events is not often a big news story in MMA circles…unless the fighter is Anderson Silva. Silva on the other hand presents a story. Silva is known as a fighter who rarely attends UFC events so just the fact that the Spider will be in Montreal has already gotten people talking.
Silva’s manager Jorge Guimaraes broke the news on UFC Tonight. Guimaraes told UFC Tonight that Silva will be sitting ringside for GSP’s big comeback. This has already led to widespread reports that Silva will call out GSP should St-Pierre be victorious, laying down the grand challenge live in GSP’s home city on pay per view.

Silva has worked diligently at getting this GSP Superfight. Silva has openly campaigned in the media for well over a year now about a potential St-Pierre fight. The UFC reportedly are on board and ready to make the fight. Unfortunately GSP remains the lone holdout and appears to be annoyed every time the question is asked.

Silva’s challenge to GSP has presented arguments from both fans and critics of the UFC middleweight champion. Fans want to see two of the best lock horns in the UFC regardless of the weight difference. Critics on the other hand (myself included) look at this as an unfair fight and believe the size difference is too much of a mismatch. Keep in mind that Silva is coming off a fight at 205 pounds and is now calling out the 170 pound champion.

Critics argue that instead of calling out GSP that Silva should be working towards a big fight with Jon Jones. Like GSP, there is a size difference there for sure. However, Silva has fought at 205 pounds on three occasions in the UFC and has looked absolutely flawless in each fight. While Silva has opened the door a bit in recent weeks about a Jones fight, it does seem a bit odd that the UFC would even encourage the size mismatch with GSP while not putting any pressure on him for a Jones fight.

This news certainly won’t excite GSP who has grown tired of the Silva talk leading up to UFC 154.

“I hate that. They talk to me about the next fight, and I’m not there. Like I’m supposed to win easy, like it’s a joke. Carlos Condit is a dangerous guy. I always respect my opponent. My life is on the line…

It depends on the time. I don’t know. I haven’t thought about [fighting Silva]. I know he’s a big guy. I have to sit down and analyze it.”

I am still a little surprised that the UFC is even entertaining this idea. For Silva and Jones who have cleaned out their divisions, it makes sense. For GSP, there is still a big money fight on the table with Nick Diaz in the division. After that the UFC could be looking at another big fight in the division with GSP’s pupil Rory MacDonald. With the way Jon Fitch fought in Brazil, a potential rematch with GSP could also have some legs. Taking GSP out of the division and putting these fights on hold for a mismatch with Silva just doesn’t add up to me. Especially when GSP has repeatedly said he has very little interest in the fight to begin with.

Now GSP would have to get past Carlos Condit to even entertain the Silva fight and that won’t be easy. I have to think for a guy as focused as GSP, that all of this Silva talk along with The Spider’s appearance may add as a distraction to the champion.
At least we’ll find out once and for all at UFC 154 whether this fight is going to happen or not. If GSP says no it’s time to close the door on this one for good.

Posted Image

#96 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Silva-GSP is the more advantageous money match for Anderson than a match with Jones. He could naturally fight at 205 like Jones while GSP hasn't seen action beyond 170.

#97 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Yup...this would basically be a bully match up for Silva. He's a bitch for pursuing it...whether it's more financially attractive or not.

#98 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

According to GSP lovers he is just going to wrestle Silva better than Sonnen did and win a wide decision with ease. :rofl:

In reality GSP will be lucky to get past Condit. Now, he will probably realistically win a boring decision over a guy with no TDD but if he gets clipped or is foolish for just a second on the ground he'll fall into a bad situation.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#99 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

I think GSP has the right tools to beat Anderson Silva,just not the size.I'm sure at some point he'll get clipped by Anderson and be hurt even worse then he was against Serra.

Before I would've went with GSP via decision but with this injury and such a long lay off it makes me wonder how good is GSP going to be when he comes back.Nearly 2 years can be a long time and that ACL tear can be a big deal.Other athletes have had trouble coming back after an injury like that like Tiger Woods himself mixed in with that scandal but this is an even bigger physical sport then something like Golf.Right now I'm going with GSP via Unanimous Decision but I wouldn't be surprised to see Condit push the pace and see if he can tire GSP out testing and testing a little how bad that ACL is and pull off a win.

#100 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

GSP is mentally weak anyway, he will see how he reacts to any kind of adversity that Condit is guaranteed to bring.

#101 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

Rousey becomes 1st female fighter in the UFC

http://www.tmz.com/2...er-ufc-fighter/

EDIT: TMZ also reporting the January Strikeforce event will be the promotion's last.

Posted Image

#102 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

#-o

#103 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Tate said that she has been signed to the UFC roster as well. I expect the women's divisions in the UFC to be much more populated (with plenty of Invicta girls probably) than Strikeforce was, not that anybody off the top of my head would beat Rousey anyway

#104 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Cyborg and McMann would definitely be tough opponents for Rousey. I think I actually like McMann's chances better than Cyborgs believe it or not.

Posted Image

#105 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

McMann couldn't even beat Baszler (she shouldn't have won), why do people even entertain the idea of her beating RONDA ROUSEY?

#106 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Uhh she did beat Baszler. She's 6-0. She's a great wrestler. She's super strong. And she has great submission defense. And I didn't say I thought she'd beat Rousey. I think she has the best chance of any viable opponents right now.

Posted Image

#107 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

I am shocked that Le beat Franklin to be honest.Seemed pretty safe like single bet and parlay material.Good time to question Franklin's chin as hes gotten old.Haven't watched the fights yet since I just got home but didn't expect this result.

#108 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

Franklin has Chuck Liddell's current chin now...he needs to call it a day.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#109 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Le always had a great shot to KO Franklin and anybody who thought otherwise was blinded as a fan of Franklin. Everybody likes Rich but there was a very good chance he was going to get stomped, which he did.

#110 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Uhh she did beat Baszler. She's 6-0. She's a great wrestler. She's super strong. And she has great submission defense. And I didn't say I thought she'd beat Rousey. I think she has the best chance of any viable opponents right now.

I said she SHOULDN'T have beaten Baszler. She was outstruck with relative ease and was put in some very bad submission spots. She is strong but I think Cyborg has a better chance by far than anybody else.

Cyborg can land one shot while Rousey's plowing forward and MAY have a shot to get a KO. What will McMann do? Don't say LNP in Rousey's guard either...that is never going to happen.

#111 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Rich set himself up to get KTFO with the way he threw out that leg kick. He was inviting that counter hook keeping his guard so damn low.

I think this is a very good point for Ace to call it a career. 38 and he's only beaten opponents that are also on the decline (Wand, Liddell) in recent memory.

#112 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

Or the fact that him striking with Cung Le was a horrible idea in the first place. I knew he would though since he doesn't wrestle anymore and that is why I didn't like him in this fight. Bad matchup on paper, turned out to be a bad sleep-inducing KO in reality.

#113 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

With the new women's division in the UFC, you know Dana has to be thinking about a female season of TUF. There's just no way that awesomeness doesn't happen. It'd be like televising a slumber party.

#114 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

That would be very, very interesting. A good way to save TUF after the Jones/Sonnen season falters, which it will.

Rousey/Tate TUF is probably the best idea since everyone knows that while that is still a fair mismatch, Tate poses more of a "threat" (she can last the longest) to Rousey than anybody else.

#115 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Intriguing and I think it would be a good way to give a crash course on the women's division. However, there's going to be alot of fodder on that TUF. Well everybody's fodder when Rousey has an Anderson Silva like grasp on the division right now.

#116 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

There is going to be a ton of guys being cut off the roster soon when Strikeforce gets folded into the UFC. Guys that can survive in Strikeforce with the occasional win/loss like Devin Cole, etc. simply because of the weakness of the division won't hang around in the UFC.

#117 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

Intriguing and I think it would be a good way to give a crash course on the women's division. However, there's going to be alot of fodder on that TUF. Well everybody's fodder when Rousey has an Anderson Silva like grasp on the division right now.

It couldn't be much worse than the recent seasons of TUF...the Roy Nelson/Kimbo Slice season, specifically. It still blows my mind that the very first season has had more successful fighters than any season since.

#118 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

It seems surprising but the talent these days is embarassing most of the time. You don't see anybody near the level of Evans, Griffin, Bonnar, Joe Daddy, etc. on any season in years. We're not talking about these people being great out of the gate or on the show, since obviously they are supposed to be prospects, but come on now...Schaub is probably one of the best TUF guys seen in years and even he is mid-level because he has no chin.

#119 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

Well, to be fair, it has gotten better recently. Tony Ferguson has some decent skills, and both Diego Brandao and John Dodson seem like they'll be legit. But yeah, for awhile, TUF was just turning out guys who didn't develop AT ALL after the show. Mac Danzig, Amir Sadollah, Efrain Escudero, Ryan Bader, Ross Pearson, James Wilks, Court Mcgee, Jonathan Brookins. That's 6 seasons of winners who have made little impact on their divisions. Even this past season...I like Michael Chiesa...but he seems like another guy who may have a low ceiling. I get that these are prospects, but it feels like these guys are the equivalent to a 5th round draft pick in the NFL. You might get lucky with one here or there. But these definitely aren't guys who are going to be game changers.

#120 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

I actually think you'll see a lot of the women on a TUF season stay in the UFC for a good while.For one reason because because it'll introduce some new stars in a division where there is very little depth and the women's division will need names going forward and a TUF could make some names to help out on building it.With as little as women fighters are being paid I imagine you can get a lot of great women fighters competing for that 100-300k contract.I feel like Ryan Bader has made a decent impact in his division.Only losses are to Jon Jones and Lyoto Machida and that isn't really anything to be ashamed of.The fluke Tito upset though... bit regardless I'd still call Ryan Bader a top ten guy.