MMA (UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator, Invicta, etc.) Discussion Thread -- Version II

• Please log in to reply
867 replies to this topic

#151 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Anderson should recruit chael into his camp to defend the take downs that's all GSP will be doing for 5 rounds.

#152 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

"Next month's UFC on FOX 5 prelims will air on FX and Facebook, not FUEL TV."

Nice! Lets get rid of the Fuel broadcasts altogether please.

Posted Image

#153 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

Anderson Silva -185 to Georges St-Pierre's +150.

St-Pierre is crazy to bow down to Zuffa's wishes. At 170, 175, 178, it doesn't matter. Silva will hurt and finish him. As a GSP fan, this is worrisome because I already question his mental stability. As a bettor, I'll piece together parlays for Silva and St-Pierre, like I did with Condit and St-Pierre, and will look to fade GSP in his subsequent fight after he loses to Silva.

I seriously question if the fight will happen because GSP is adamant on fighting the chance of...fighting Anderson. Just because there are odds doesn't mean it is going to happen; Cyborg/Rousey odds are also out but that fight is nowhere near happening.

Also, if GSP/Silva did happen I would sell a kidney, take out a loan and rob homeless people to bet on Anderson. Afterwards I'll be so rich I can just buy another kidney, pay back the loan and give back the homeless people's money and still have enough leftover for a new house.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#154 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

UFC Undisputed 3 just dropped to $14.99 on Amazon

PS3

Posted Image

#155 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

YES! Too bad nobody plays the game online (last I checked it was small community) and I don't even know if they fixed a bunch of the exploits in the game (I haven't played in months).

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#156 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Can't wait for this Saturday. UFC card is sick. Plus its on free tv. Who do yall think is going to win between Ben Henderson and Nate Diaz?

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#157 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

I think Benson will win. He's my favorite fighter, though I was hugely disappointed in his last fight. Still, I think he's a very smart fighter and he'll take the fight in a decision. I really think he needs to start trying to finish fights in the UFC if he ever wants to generate a fanbase, but I don't think Nate Diaz is a good guy to try and finish.

I'm hoping Ben is able to overpower and control Diaz in the clinch and on the ground.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#158 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Hoping for a Nate Diaz win. Used to dislike his personality, but he and his brother have finally grown on me. Benson is probably going to try and keep Nick away with jabs and random strikes all night.

Nate has some pretty sweet BJJ so we'll see.

What I want: Diaz by KO R2.
What will happen: Bendo by UD.

I also desire:
Me Gusta over Shogun
McDonald over Penn
Siver over Phan
Jorgensen over Albert.

Rest of the fights I'm only hoping for anything that doesn't end in a DQ, Draw or Decision.

Edited by Calipso, 07 December 2012 - 12:17 AM.

Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#159 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

I keep going back and forth on Henderson-Diaz. I can see it going either way. If Ben wins, its more then likely going to be a decision. I could see Nate catching him in a sub. As of now, i'm picking Diaz but I'll probably change my mind several times before Saturday. It's going to be a fun fight.

I think Gustafsson is going to beat Shogun pretty easy and take a UD.

I like Macdonald to take a dominating UD over Penn. It'll probably be the same with most of Penn's fights. He'll look good in the first, fade then Rory will beat him up the rest of the fight.

I also got Swick over Brown by first round KO...could just as easily be a sub.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#160 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Swick is pretty shot these days, I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot poll.

#161 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Dana White says GSPs next fight will probably be Nick Diaz

Posted Image

#162 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Dana White says GSPs next fight will probably be Nick Diaz

Dana White says a lot of things. We all remember his Women's MMA stance before he got Ronda Rousey in bed.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#163 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

Since Ben Henderson, Shogun, and BJ Penn are three of my favorite fighter (With Shogun being my favorite all time fighter) I'm pulling for them to win. However, out of the three I'm really only confident that Bendo will beat Diaz by UD. :cry:
Posted Image

#164 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

Bendo has to be reeeal careful if/when he ends up wrestling Nate. This isn't Frankie Edgar's submissions he's blowing off.

#165 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

UFC Undisputed 3 just dropped to $14.99 on Amazon

PS3

It's back up to $25 for PS3 and $27 for 360.

#166 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Excited for tonight's card! And not just because its free. I hope BJ Penn doesn't sneeze to hard in the next 5 hours and throws out his back.

Henderson - Diaz
Rua - Gustaffson
Penn - McDonald
Swick - Brown

Rooting for Nam Phan and Ramsey on the undercard as well.:boxing:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#167 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Siver looked like a beast

Posted Image

#168 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Good call on Swick, Krakrabbit...he looked awful out there. I underestimated Brown.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#169 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Good call on Swick, Krakrabbit...he looked awful out there. I underestimated Brown.

He looked horrible at the weigh-ins and didn't look any different today.

Dave Meltzer seemed relatively obsessed with the idea that he is a lot sicker than we think and probably shouldn't even be fighting.
-Michael

Posted Image

#170 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Benson making Diaz look bad in this. Doesn't help Diaz wants this to stay on the ground where he's still getting punished.

Good god. Striking 122-17 Benson?

#171 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Damn. That was a beatdown. Amazing performance by Ben.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#172 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

Oh Nate was flipping the bird alot. That explains the sudden and frequent cuts in the main event tonight.

EDIT: Don't know which Benson move I liked better: the Facebuster slam or the surprise high kick from behind. Diaz got his ass kicked but still a resilient motherfucker.

#173 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

Oh Nate was flipping the bird alot. That explains the sudden and frequent cuts in the main event tonight.

EDIT: Don't know which Benson move I liked better: the Facebuster slam or the surprise high kick from behind. Diaz got his ass kicked but still a resilient motherfucker.

Wow...seriously? If that's why they kept cutting to a wide shot, Dana needs to bury his ass on the undercard. It's already pathetic that he continues to taunt his opponent while he's getting his ass kicked. I loved when he threw his arms out like "hit me" and Benson dropped his ass. I jsut can't ever find a single thing to like about the Diaz boys. They're like the purest form of trash on the planet, lol.

#174 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

Fox kept blanking out audio it was pretty lame.

#175 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

Dave Meltzer seemed relatively obsessed with the idea that he is a lot sicker than we think and probably shouldn't even be fighting.

I agree with it.I picked Brown as well via TKO/KO and a lot of it had to due with how horrible Swick looked in his last fight, he was rocked twice and almost subbed.Truthfully he had a bit of luck in the last fight,he hasn't made a full recovery from his illness and it seems like he never will be able to.Went 7 out of 11 overall so an okish night.I think I might have won BJ Penn's autograph from a contest for picking the main card but won't know for sure until tomorrow.Got all of the main card right,just went with R1 for Brown instead of R2.

#176 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

Nate Diaz kept taunting Henderson, motioning him to come forward and initiate. Unfortunately for Nate, he was losing and Henderson isn't the one that needed to press the action.

#177 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

Wow, that was a crazy knockout. Manning was out cold.

#178 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Nate Diaz kept taunting Henderson, motioning him to come forward and initiate. Unfortunately for Nate, he was losing and Henderson isn't the one that needed to press the action.

Benson got onto the ground and whooped Diaz and that's where most people thought Nate would take the match. Henderson escaped all of Nate's sub attempts and punished him every time. Nate's antics were a last ditch effort to try to catch Bendo off guard for a flash sub. Like you said though, Hendo didn't need motivation to engage.

#179 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Swick shouldn't be fighting and I think it is entirely possible that he really is still being plauged in some way by illness or is simply damaged beyond repair from his illness. The guy is obviously not the same as he used to be at all and not only does he look worse, but he fights 100x worse then ever.

As far as the rest of the card, Bendo barely let Diaz go to a decision (I picked Diaz sub or Bendo decision) and looked very impressive. Gustafsson could have stopped Rua but didn't pull the trigger, which was unfortunate. Luckily for me Rory didn't finish off Penn but I think he could have EASILY done so in the second round. With about 2 minutes left in the round, he could have thrown a few more shots and let the ref step in when Penn hit the floor from body shots.

#180 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Spoiler