AMAZON Mystery Adventure Bundle for only $9.97 - FINAL DAY!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']This is not a spammer. It's a company advertising their companies great deal on those 4 adventure games. This is a steal at $10.[/QUOTE]

You seriously want to go down this path?!

ffs, FINE, in for 30!

[quote name='Datajack']You seriously want to go down this path?!

ffs, FINE, in for 30![/QUOTE]

Didn't know they were allowing 13 year olds on the website now.

These aren't my type of games, but thanks for posting.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']This is not a spammer. It's a company advertising their companies great deal on those 4 adventure games. This is a steal at $10.[/QUOTE]

^This

Considering the number of watches, moebius strips, msrp "deals" etc that get posted here, an actual deal on actual video games is certainly appropriate, no matter who posts it. Now, if they start truly spamming, people can start complaining.

Great deal on great adventure games (except for alter ego which is kinda average).

Had they promoted the 10 games for girls bundle "deal" which is also around I might've agreed that they are spammers, but they had the decency of posting the two bundles that offer some actually good games

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']^This

Considering the number of watches, moebius strips, msrp "deals" etc that get posted here, an actual deal on actual video games is certainly appropriate, no matter who posts it. Now, if they start truly spamming, people can start complaining.[/QUOTE]

It's not up to us; it's up to Cheapy whether he'll allow this or not. Personally, I doubt it is permissible...

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']^This

Considering the number of watches, moebius strips, msrp "deals" etc that get posted here, an actual deal on actual video games is certainly appropriate, no matter who posts it. Now, if they start truly spamming, people can start complaining.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it does actually matter when you have a company making multiple thread advertisements in a By CAG For CAG forum community like we have going on here. Not to mention I'd assume Cheapy wouldnt be pleased with actual retailers/game production companies posting every sale under the sun on his forums without an official run-by with him.

[quote name='Datajack']Unfortunately it does actually matter when you have a company making multiple thread advertisements in a By CAG For CAG forum community like we have going on here. Not to mention I'd assume Cheapy wouldnt be pleased with actual retailers/game production companies posting every sale under the sun on his forums without an official run-by with him.[/QUOTE]

Look, it's Cheapy's forum and it's (generally) a great community. If I were him I would actually delete more of the random stuff that gets thrown up in the Video Game Deals forum.

But (and I'm not talking about anybody specific), I'm not sure how it is helpful to post irrelevant/insulting comments in this type of post. It's not like this is some random person selling his xbox or an obvious spammer selling WOW gold. For all we know Cheapy has approved of Viva letting us know about deals (even if this is not exactly how he wanted it done).

I do think it's useful to have some community self-policing, but only if it's in really obvious situations. Otherwise it seems better to leave it up to the mods and let them pull things.

Just my .02, and my last post, I don't feel very strongly about this - I just want to throw it out there.

I personally don't care if it's posted by someone who stumbled across it or by the publisher, as long as it's actually a deal. Which it is.

bread's done
Back