(Dead) Best Buy 3DS - Spider-Man Edge of Time $1.99

It sold out online pretty much instantly but this should be the price in-store if you're able to find a copy so the deal is technically still available.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Cant use the store checker. People must have abused the in store pick up[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they probably caught the glitch and disabled the in store pickup altogether.

Ugh. I leave CAG for an hour to watch anime on AS and I miss out on this. In-store pickup will swipe all the copies from my Best buy too, just you wait. Thanks though, TC.

It's not all bad. I picked up a copy of this on the 360 around when it came out. Target accidently put it on clearance for 70% off. So I would have just bought some to flip.

Interesting. If this isn't a DotD, I'll have to check my local store the next time I'm in the area. It'd be nice to know the TIV at GS...;)

Dont bother trying to flip it as the msrp at ganestop is 19.99 so the tiv shouldnt be any higher than 4$ or so. I was excited about this being a possible great flip untill i saw that 19.99 price

[quote name='kayne2000']sold out nice

also wtf is this lol why do you know about that[/QUOTE]

Lmao! That's some hair dryer sold by a 3rd party through Best Guy's site. I found it searching for other cheap 3DS games.:lol:

[quote name='strait edge follower']Dont bother trying to flip it as the msrp at ganestop is 19.99 so the tiv shouldnt be any higher than 4$ or so. I was excited about this being a possible great flip untill i saw that 19.99 price[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Uncharted 3 and Infamous 2 are both $19.99, but GS has them at $9 base($13.50 after a PUR Exclusive 50% bonus until Oct. 14th). However, this Spiderman game isn't on the list of games with the bonus.

I really think you guys should go to best buy and purchase the 2, 3, 4, copies they "may" have and then flip it for $12 profit. Pretty productive Sunday if you ask me.

There's a BB right down the street from TRU, where I'm picking up Pokemon in a few hours. If I find a Spiderman, I'll post the store price.

[quote name='GBAstar']I really think you guys should go to best buy and purchase the 2, 3, 4, copies they "may" have and then flip it for $12 profit. Pretty productive Sunday if you ask me.[/QUOTE]
:razz:The tiv is $6 there and if it were still yesterday it'd be an easy 500% profit over cost for each copy traded.

But now it's only 350% profit per copy after the 50% trade promo there now.:cry:;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:razz:The tiv is $6 there and if it were still yesterday it'd be an easy 500% profit over cost for each copy traded.

But now it's only 350% profit per copy after the 50% trade promo there now.:cry:;)[/QUOTE]

Well that's a bummer. I was really looking forward to all the exciting flipping stories that of course did not factor in tax; rounded down on out of pocket expenses and rounded up on trade in values.

[quote name='GBAstar']Well that's a bummer. I was really looking forward to all the exciting flipping stories that of course did not factor in tax; rounded down on out of pocket expenses and rounded up on trade in values.[/QUOTE]

I flipped Spider Man for a pack of diapers!

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Yeah, they probably caught the glitch and disabled the in store pickup altogether.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious what glitch you're talking about...

trade in value is $8. I would need to buy 10 of these and go to 5 different gamestops to make it worthy. I'll pass. Nothing beats the Nintendogs deal back in December. $3.99 investment and get $18 value. I invested $130 in games and got like $500 in store credit.

Is the game any good anyway? I know the console versions got trashed in reviews. I recently saw ASM on 3DS and it looked great graphically for a 3ds game. Better than some of the first party game.

[quote name='GBAstar']I really think you guys should go to best buy and purchase the 2, 3, 4, copies they "may" have and then flip it for $12 profit. Pretty productive Sunday if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

This is my new favorite dude here.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Found a lone copy. Rang up at 21.99. After a small pow-wow with two managers and an associate, they gave it to me for 1.99.[/QUOTE]Uh-oh. OP, you might want to put this in your initial post--looks like $1.99 is not the in-store price unless you fight for it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Found a lone copy. Rang up at 21.99. After a small pow-wow with two managers and an associate, they gave it to me for 1.99.[/QUOTE]

That's random. Even that has to be a mistake, there is no other games at BB that are $21.99.

[quote name='Nochance']That's random. Even that has to be a mistake, there is no other games at BB that are $21.99.[/QUOTE]

Clearance prices are weird. Rayman 3D is $15.99 at my Best Buy, for example.

And my experience having worked there is that clearance prices can also vary within a district, with one store having it on clearance for $17.99, another for $21.99, another for $19.49.

My store either didn't have any to begin with or someone decided to come in right at open to get a hold of it. Not even used.

Found a copy. 21.99 in store and they wouldn't pm the 'online only' price. This is a problem store, so I didn't bother arguing as it would just piss me off and waste time.

[quote name='slowdive21']Found a copy. 21.99 in store and they wouldn't pm the 'online only' price. This is a problem store, so I didn't bother arguing as it would just piss me off and waste time.[/QUOTE]

Bah, I know what you mean. I'm glad I found the copy at the store I found it at, and not the first one I stopped in.

[quote name='slowdive21']Found a copy. 21.99 in store and they wouldn't pm the 'online only' price. This is a problem store, so I didn't bother arguing as it would just piss me off and waste time.[/QUOTE]My local store is full of awesome employees who love me (not that I'm saying your store's employees hate you :whistle2:#), so if I can find any copies, I would hope to have the $1.99 price honored, but we'll see.

[quote name='Vigilante']My local store is full of awesome employees who love me (not that I'm saying your store's employees hate you :whistle2:#), so if I can find any copies, I would hope to have the $1.99 price honored, but we'll see.[/QUOTE]

My local store is that way too. They love me and know that I 'bring the deals'. :lol:

This is a store that I have a past with. I've had them refuse to pm items, tear price stickers off of products in the back and then tell me I am mistaken about the products price, flat out refusal to return/rebuy even when the same sale is going, they've broken up my online pickups so I don't get the $10 GCs, etc.

I was going to write a letter about 2 years ago, but I never followed through. I did fill out 5 or 6 survey complaints and I think I may have gotten the main problem employee fired as he hasn't been there the past few visits.

[quote name='slowdive21']My local store is that way too. They love me and know that I 'bring the deals'. :lol:

This is a store that I have a past with. I've had them refuse to pm items, tear price stickers off of products in the back and then tell me I am mistaken about the products price, flat out refusal to return/rebuy even when the same sale is going, they've broken up my online pickups so I don't get the $10 GCs, etc.

I was going to write a letter about 2 years ago, but I never followed through. I did fill out 5 or 6 survey complaints and I think I may have gotten the main problem employee fired as he hasn't been there the past few visits.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think it was possible for someone in customer service to get away with stuff like that. Glad it appears things have turned out for the better.

Luckily, the 3 stores I go to most often are like Vigilante's. Never really had a problem matching any deals except for 1 manager and 1 new employee who was a real hardass about their policies. He wanted me to bring in physical ads for everything, even though I had already called in ahead of time to verify that price-matching online was okay. Ran into him twice and haven't seen him in months, so maybe he got the boot too.

[quote name='slowdive21']My local store is that way too. They love me and know that I 'bring the deals'. :lol:

I was going to write a letter about 2 years ago, but I never followed through. I did fill out 5 or 6 survey complaints and I think I may have gotten the main problem employee fired as he hasn't been there the past few visits.[/QUOTE]
I've run into employees like this before, one of which is a female front end manager who tried denying the @Gamer coupon stacks until I brought in a printed page from the BB forums and showed it to the main store manager here.

Ever since then she just politely does the override if it's not working automatically.

But those receipt surveys definitely are read by the higher ups. If they see a pattern of low scores and complaints from customers about a particular store or employee, then you better believe they're going to fix that issue.

I had the store manager of a Sears store call me personally to express his regrets that his employees were watching ESPN rather than helping customers. All it took was doing that survey on the receipt that they always shill for you to do.

Another route to take if you want something done about particular employees is cancelling pre-orders on games with a rep you have had issues with. This works well at Gamestop to eliminate douchebag employees very quickly.:evil:

I've got 3 Best Buys near either my home or my office now, and 1 of them is like this. I try to avoid it, but unfortunally it's usually the one with the best selection/stock. I've dealt with all of this before (particularly pissed about not honoring Gamer coupons just cause another sale is going on, I missed out on same great deals last year because of that) except I have never had the issue with the $10 GC. I don't see how they expect to get away with that....

[quote name='rcerboss']I've got 3 Best Buys near either my home or my office now, and 1 of them is like this. I try to avoid it, but unfortunally it's usually the one with the best selection/stock. I've dealt with all of this before (particularly pissed about not honoring Gamer coupons just cause another sale is going on, I missed out on same great deals last year because of that) except I have never had the issue with the $10 GC. I don't see how they expect to get away with that....[/QUOTE]

I was the customer service manager too! I think he did it, so they get a better pick up rate or something. So he would break up the orders by each item and make people sign 7 or 8 times for one order. I try to avoid that store, but they get CEs that no other store in the area can keep in stock.

I remember when I was waiting in line and he was giving another customer a hard time and the other customer said "This guy is an asshole"

Don't think I had much issues with Best Buy lately. On a side note I still remember the assistant manager at TRU trying to explain to me that a chair is not classified as furniture and I shouldn't get 20% off even though it's priced correctly online and in the store ad. Tried to blame my grasp of english langauge for the confusion and would try to get someone who spoke my "langauge". Told her sure I would like someone who speaks english because I don't understand stupid. Guess this is what I get for moving to a town that has a low minority population.

bread's done
Back