(Dead) Best Buy 3DS - Spider-Man Edge of Time $1.99

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Im going to bestbuy to pick up a used darksiders and match frys ff 13-2 price of 9.99. Ill Check this price while im at it
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#32 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Damn you east coasters and not doing your job. Well, I gotta go to Sears anyway, so I too will check the instore price.

#33 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Sold out everywhere in TN, AR, AL. So no luck for the guy here

#34 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Found a lone copy. Rang up at 21.99. After a small pow-wow with two managers and an associate, they gave it to me for 1.99.

#35 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Found a lone copy. Rang up at 21.99. After a small pow-wow with two managers and an associate, they gave it to me for 1.99.

Uh-oh. OP, you might want to put this in your initial post--looks like $1.99 is not the in-store price unless you fight for it.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#36 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

That's random. Even that has to be a mistake, there is no other games at BB that are $21.99.

Clearance prices are weird. Rayman 3D is $15.99 at my Best Buy, for example.

And my experience having worked there is that clearance prices can also vary within a district, with one store having it on clearance for $17.99, another for $21.99, another for $19.49.

#37 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

My store either didn't have any to begin with or someone decided to come in right at open to get a hold of it. Not even used.

#38 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

Found a copy. 21.99 in store and they wouldn't pm the 'online only' price. This is a problem store, so I didn't bother arguing as it would just piss me off and waste time.

#39 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

Found a copy. 21.99 in store and they wouldn't pm the 'online only' price. This is a problem store, so I didn't bother arguing as it would just piss me off and waste time.

Bah, I know what you mean. I'm glad I found the copy at the store I found it at, and not the first one I stopped in.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#40 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

My local store is full of awesome employees who love me (not that I'm saying your store's employees hate you :-#), so if I can find any copies, I would hope to have the $1.99 price honored, but we'll see.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

#41 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

glad to see best buy is continueing their high standard of employees!!!

#42 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

My local store is full of awesome employees who love me (not that I'm saying your store's employees hate you :-#), so if I can find any copies, I would hope to have the $1.99 price honored, but we'll see.

My local store is that way too. They love me and know that I 'bring the deals'. :lol:

This is a store that I have a past with. I've had them refuse to pm items, tear price stickers off of products in the back and then tell me I am mistaken about the products price, flat out refusal to return/rebuy even when the same sale is going, they've broken up my online pickups so I don't get the $10 GCs, etc.

I was going to write a letter about 2 years ago, but I never followed through. I did fill out 5 or 6 survey complaints and I think I may have gotten the main problem employee fired as he hasn't been there the past few visits.

#43 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

My local store is that way too. They love me and know that I 'bring the deals'. :lol:

This is a store that I have a past with. I've had them refuse to pm items, tear price stickers off of products in the back and then tell me I am mistaken about the products price, flat out refusal to return/rebuy even when the same sale is going, they've broken up my online pickups so I don't get the $10 GCs, etc.

I was going to write a letter about 2 years ago, but I never followed through. I did fill out 5 or 6 survey complaints and I think I may have gotten the main problem employee fired as he hasn't been there the past few visits.

I didn't even think it was possible for someone in customer service to get away with stuff like that. Glad it appears things have turned out for the better.

Luckily, the 3 stores I go to most often are like Vigilante's. Never really had a problem matching any deals except for 1 manager and 1 new employee who was a real hardass about their policies. He wanted me to bring in physical ads for everything, even though I had already called in ahead of time to verify that price-matching online was okay. Ran into him twice and haven't seen him in months, so maybe he got the boot too.

#44 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

I've run into employees like this before, one of which is a female front end manager who tried denying the @Gamer coupon stacks until I brought in a printed page from the BB forums and showed it to the main store manager here.

Ever since then she just politely does the override if it's not working automatically.

But those receipt surveys definitely are read by the higher ups. If they see a pattern of low scores and complaints from customers about a particular store or employee, then you better believe they're going to fix that issue.

I had the store manager of a Sears store call me personally to express his regrets that his employees were watching ESPN rather than helping customers. All it took was doing that survey on the receipt that they always shill for you to do.

Another route to take if you want something done about particular employees is cancelling pre-orders on games with a rep you have had issues with. This works well at Gamestop to eliminate douchebag employees very quickly.:evil:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#45 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

I've got 3 Best Buys near either my home or my office now, and 1 of them is like this. I try to avoid it, but unfortunally it's usually the one with the best selection/stock. I've dealt with all of this before (particularly pissed about not honoring Gamer coupons just cause another sale is going on, I missed out on same great deals last year because of that) except I have never had the issue with the $10 GC. I don't see how they expect to get away with that....
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#46 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

I've got 3 Best Buys near either my home or my office now, and 1 of them is like this. I try to avoid it, but unfortunally it's usually the one with the best selection/stock. I've dealt with all of this before (particularly pissed about not honoring Gamer coupons just cause another sale is going on, I missed out on same great deals last year because of that) except I have never had the issue with the $10 GC. I don't see how they expect to get away with that....

I was the customer service manager too! I think he did it, so they get a better pick up rate or something. So he would break up the orders by each item and make people sign 7 or 8 times for one order. I try to avoid that store, but they get CEs that no other store in the area can keep in stock.

I remember when I was waiting in line and he was giving another customer a hard time and the other customer said "This guy is an asshole"

#47 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Don't think I had much issues with Best Buy lately. On a side note I still remember the assistant manager at TRU trying to explain to me that a chair is not classified as furniture and I shouldn't get 20% off even though it's priced correctly online and in the store ad. Tried to blame my grasp of english langauge for the confusion and would try to get someone who spoke my "langauge". Told her sure I would like someone who speaks english because I don't understand stupid. Guess this is what I get for moving to a town that has a low minority population.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

GOGOGO!!!

It's live again and you can do in-store pick up.

#49 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

GOGOGO!!!

It's live again and you can do in-store pick up.

Awesome. Got one. Thanks dude!!

#50 theeipi

theeipi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

got one, thanks!
e^(ipi) = -1

#51 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

Got one too. Wonder if its any good. Ill play it first and then trade it in. gets a decent trade in value.

#52 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Thanks! Got one!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#53 pjgamer007

pjgamer007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

Wow, just sold out as I was clicking on add to cart...

#54 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

Live? Is this a joke?

#55 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

Mutha!!!!!!!!!:bomb:

As soon as I went to check out........

This is gonna be Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing part 2!:whee:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#56 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

Damn. Sold out just before I hit confirm.

#57 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

Swear, I always miss these Best Buy super cheap deals.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

You. Have Got. To Be Kidding Me. Just when I'm away from the computer, this pops back up? *sigh* I'll just have to hope my local store has a copy or two when I stop by tomorrow night and that they're in a good enough mood to PM the $1.99 online price.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#59 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

How much is shipping on this?

#60 pjgamer007

pjgamer007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:29 AM