Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob/Clerks [3 Discs] Blu-ray $4.99 at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#31 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for the link! Looks like a good deal.

#32 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Mallrats was released by Universal. Universal decided to back HD-DVD and not Blu Ray at the beginning of those formats. Now Universal is slowly releasing their back catalog onto Blu. Mallrats will be released eventually.

^^^ This. Please read this folks before whining on why Mallrats isn't included in this set.

New sig coming soon.

#33 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

Kevin Smith is one of my favorite directors, at least when it comes to the NJ Chronicles.

I realized that I own Clerks 2 and Mallrats on HD-DVD and Dogma on Blu-Ray. So they only movies in the NJ Chronicles I don't own were these 3. None were near me at all, thankfully someone I know locally works near a store that has one so I put a store pick-up order in and should get it in a few days from him.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#34 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

Great price, but I think I'll just pass.

With Clerks, I already have it (and the sequel) on BD.

With Jay & Silent Bob, I have watched half of it on Netflix recently, and while it has it's enjoyable bits, kind of mediocre. As someone else said, I rather had Mallrats.

With Chasing Amy, I'll be honest, I have never seen it, so I do not have any real interest.

Besides, I do not really care for compilation disks.

Edited by Serious McMopy, 09 October 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#35 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Damn, that's worth it for JASBSB alone... The other two are just icing on the cake. Fortunately they had one in my local store for pickup.

SteamWidget.PNG

#36 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

So tempted to get this and sell my old copies on eBay, but is the J&SB disc the same as the single release? Because that one only had the commentary as an extra. All of the other DVD extras were missing.

That reminds me, why in the world has there been no Mallrats Blu-ray yet?

EDIT: Nevermind. Saw the above post.

#37 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

According to the listing on Best Buy, not sure in reality since I do not have mine yet. This is NOT a compilation disc. The title on Best Buy and right here in this topic states "Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob/Clerks [3 Discs] Blu-ray"

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#38 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

With Chasing Amy, I'll be honest, I have never seen it, so I do not have any real interest.

While I'm not a fan of the new transfer on Blu for Chasing Amy (too much digital noise reduction which kills the intended look) it is a great movie and well worth watching.

Besides, I do not really care for compilation disks.

This is just the three Blu releases for these films packaged together in one case.

New sig coming soon.

#39 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

This is just the three Blu releases for these films packaged together in one case.

Which means J&SB has no extras except for the commentary. Not sure why Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Clerks II have all their DVD extras while Jay & Silent Bob gets shafted. Think I will keep my DVD.

#40 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

dang I missed this, oh well

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
C90d2eO.png7WPdXq9.png2q1uoso.jpg

#41 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

According to the listing on Best Buy, not sure in reality since I do not have mine yet. This is NOT a compilation disc. The title on Best Buy and right here in this topic states "Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob/Clerks [3 Discs] Blu-ray"

I got mines in the mail today and yeah the movies are on individual discs.

I wasn't expecting that. :D

#42 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

Just a note, all the stores within 30 miles showed not available for pickup, but when I went in to grab Prometheus today, I found a couple of these on the shelf. Check the blu section under "K", you may get lucky. I never trust store locators.

#43 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Picked a copy up a few days ago, great deal

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#44 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

dang I missed this, oh well

How so? It's in stock

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#45 Tenacious D

Tenacious D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

How so? It's in stock

I missed out too. It's not available for shipping on their website, unless I'm missing something, and it's not available at any stores anywhere near me. I keep hoping it gets restocked before the price goes back up.

#46 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Only one store even remotely close to me has it for Store Pickup...and even it's too far of a drive. :(

#47 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

Which means J&SB has no extras except for the commentary. Not sure why Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Clerks II have all their DVD extras while Jay & Silent Bob gets shafted. Think I will keep my DVD.

You could still get the J&SBST in this pack while keeping the bonus disc on the DVD set like I intend on doing.

New sig coming soon.

#48 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

You could still get the J&SBST in this pack while keeping the bonus disc on the DVD set like I intend on doing.

Meh, I don't really like going above 3 discs on my Blu-ray condensing. I am more willing to condense on regular DVDs, which I have done by putting about 60% of my colllection into 4/5/6 disc cases.

#49 vivafriend5

vivafriend5

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

I tried to pick up my reserved copy tonight and walked away empty-handed thanks to Best Buy's stunts. They could not find it when I requested it. After an extended search involving two employees and the media stocker I received a few stories as to why it could not be produced. Obviously,they sold it to themselves or a friend, but here's a list of their excuses for some laughs.

1. It was damaged and could not be sold. I said I would accept it as long as it was not snapped in half or something. They go to the back and return empty-handed.

2. It was stolen, even though I received a confirmation it was ready and reminded to pick it up.

3. It was supposed to be a clearance item and returned to the vendor in March of 2012. It came out May 15, 2012...

4. It was lost in the $7.99 bin.

5. Finally, they offered me the three films individually for $9.99, which is a classic bait-and-switch, but I did not confront that issue or accept the offer. I was given a ten dollar gift card without getting aggressive, it was that bad and obviously a FUBAR situation.

#50 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Thought I got lucky at the Peoria, IL store.

Went in and didn't see the Blu Ray anywhere. Talked to Customer Service, who said there weren't any but, they could order it for me. Stepped down to another woman who started the process. Was there for ten minutes or so, even swiped my card...only to be told the system wasn't letting her order one. Couldn't be shipped and couldn't be found. Ugh.

Swiping the card and not getting an order ticked me off...gonna be watching my credit card statement even more closely than I already do.

#51 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

If you want Mallrats on blu-ray now, it's out in the UK and it's region-free. Currently comes out to about $16 shipped to the US from Amazon UK. The transfer apparently leaves a bit to be desired, though, and it's totally lacking in extras, so I've been holding out in hope of a better US release...

What's odd is the HD-DVD release has most of the extras that's on the special edition DVD. It's missing the extended cut but everything else is there from what I can tell.

New sig coming soon.

#52 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

The Store Locator had none anywhere near me, but the one large Best Buy near me actually had one left, so I picked it up.

You know, I may pick up an empty 3 disc Bluray case and use it for the two Jersey Trilogies, assuming that the Clerks cartoon never goes Blu.

#53 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

In stock for shipping again, managed to grab one this time. Thanks for the heads up, SonictheHedgehog1337.

#54 chronoserge456

chronoserge456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

In stock for shipping again, managed to grab one this time. Thanks for the heads up, SonictheHedgehog1337.

I ordered, but got a backorder email. Thanks though!

Let's make today a GREAT day!
PS3: BadASSStunGUN
Currently playing: League of Legends, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, SSB3DS Demo
nujabesAlbumGIF.gif

#55 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

Found a lone copy in-store today - great deal! :D
Posted Image

#56 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Finally showed in stock at my store. Ordered just now. :D

New sig coming soon.

#57 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

So a few hours ago I got e-mailed saying "not available in store call our 888 number for more assistance." After 13 attempts of getting ahold of a live person including one attempt that left me on hold for 45 minutes after I did get an operator who "redirected" my call I got the most unsympathetic person you could imagine. At one point I asked for a supervisor since this person clearly didn't want to help me beyond repeatedly saying "well this is out of stock and its not in any near by stores." Clearly missing the point that by this point before I could get the proper person to help me I already spent one hour or so just trying to get to that point. Of course I got denied even speaking to a supervisor.

In the end I got shut down on getting this deal. My order is canceled. And allegedly I have a gift card on my way. Probably $5 or $10 on it if that even is coming my way at all. Ultimately I feel frustrated about this entire experience... and its for a freaking $5 Blu-Ray for that matter.

New sig coming soon.

#58 calister23

calister23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

After not being able to pick up the one I had ordered when the deal first went live, I finally found one copy in my store. Saw it and immediately snatched it up, after thinking I would never find it in stock anywhere.

#59 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

For anyone who missed it online and can't find it in stores, a bunch of idiots on Amazon are selling them for $7 to make a $2 profit. http://www.amazon.co...8&condition=new

It comes out to about $10 with shipping and handling, but at least that might be cheaper than driving around to a bunch of Best Buy stores. Hope this helps.

#60 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Finally showed in stock at my store. Ordered just now. :D

You know if they have 3 or less it won't show up in stock right. If your store is close enough you could have made the drive to check it out, that's what i had to do