Photo
- - - - -

-DEAD- Adventure Time 3DS Collectors Edition $22 off ($20 on Target.com)

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#121 SnotRocket

SnotRocket

$20? To much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

What the math! Sold out online :( Good find nontheless

banner1.gif
fss_overall.png

#122 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

haha see i looked quick. I didnt even realize DS games were still being made. lol

Edit: I'm sure they wont honor it. I had Assassin's Creed 3 on preorder for $14.99. It was a Walmart error but a few weeks later they sent an email saying they canceled my order because it was an error. Pretty lame. The 3DS adventure time is already gone, as I suspected sadly.

Edited by GrimmTrixX, 08 October 2012 - 03:24 PM.
lameness

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing
:360:
Dishonored

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
:3ds: Bravely Default

#123 iamchopsticks

iamchopsticks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Looks like they fixed it. DS Collector's Edition is now listed at $39.95.

http://www.target.co...ds/-/A-14246025

Don't see the 3DS Collector's Edition listed any more. :(

#124 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

The DS one was always listed at that price. It was the 3DS one that was listed at 17.99

#125 dallow

dallow

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Sorry to pour cold water on everyone, your pre-order will not be honored. First off, price mistake, secondly, Target online has a reputation of making CE/LE mistakes. I got goofed for the DS2 CE and Resistance Vita. The DS2 CE was the regular edition, Resistance Vita was canceled, personal experience...

For those of you can't pre-order, just relax and don't waste your time.

Yeah, I remember ordering a Peace Walker LE with some odd listing on the site, but the regular edition is what I got in the mail.
Oh well, even if it's the regular 3DS game, it's still 18 bucks.

#126 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, I remember ordering a Peace Walker LE with some odd listing on the site, but the regular edition is what I got in the mail.
Oh well, even if it's the regular 3DS game, it's still 18 bucks.

If they don't cancel, $18 for the regular edition is still pretty sweet. I didn't even know about this game until I see the thread, it looks pretty interesting :)

#127 dallow

dallow

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

If they don't cancel, $18 for the regular edition is still pretty sweet. I didn't even know about this game until I see the thread, it looks pretty interesting :)

Yeah, it's some popular cartoon or something. I honestly didn't know about it until the game was announced.
I'm only interested because of the Zelda II style game play which it proudly pays homage to.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#128 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

Yeah, it's some popular cartoon or something. I honestly didn't know about it until the game was announced.
I'm only interested because of the Zelda II style game play which it proudly pays homage to.

The show is very often an homage to Zelda games, early Nintendo tropes, and RPGs in general. You should watch. I'm 30 and my daughter is 4 and its our favorite show.

Ok so I encouraged her to like it, sue me.

#129 Mint

Mint

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

Has anybody else already been charged? I noticed a debit on my card for $19.34 from Target, even though the email it said they wouldn't do it until it shipped.

#130 lucid734

lucid734

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

Has anybody else already been charged? I noticed a debit on my card for $19.34 from Target, even though the email it said they wouldn't do it until it shipped.

They did the same with mine, but they've done it in the past as an "on hold" authorization just to see if your card is good, then it usually gets credited back until it ships, then they bill. Hopefully that means they will honor the orders they took.

#131 Mint

Mint

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

They did the same with mine, but they've done it in the past as an "on hold" authorization just to see if your card is good, then it usually gets credited back until it ships, then they bill. Hopefully that means they will honor the orders they took.

Oh, okay. I had no idea they did that. Thanks!

#132 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

For what it's worth, I e-mailed Target about my order and they sent me an automated e-mail stating that a $5 gift card has been mailed to me. I then got a non-automated e-mail in which the guy apologized for complications with the ordering process, offered me an electronic $5 gift card (so possibly two gift cards), and said I should expect my order to arrive by 11/20. If I don't get anything on that day, which is quite likely, I may very well manage to get another gift card out of them.

#133 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

...and I just received my cancellation email!

Because of an unexpected error, the item(s) below were incorrectly priced at the time you placed your order. These item(s) have been canceled from your order (Order #########) and you have not been charged for them. We are updating the price on our site. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for shopping at Target. Team Target

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#134 Diggeh

Diggeh

Deals on wheels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hello,

Because of an unexpected error, the item(s) below were incorrectly priced at the time you placed your order. These item(s) have been canceled from your order and you have not been charged for them. We are updating the price on our site. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for shopping at Target.

It begins. :\

#135 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Well, I just got one of my gift cards. Even if our orders all get canceled, at least I got something out of it.

#136 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Just my cancel email. Oh well, back to reordering at Amazon...

#137 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Just got my cancellation email as well.

#138 dallow

dallow

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

No cancellation email, but saw on the order history that it was.
Ah well, no harm.

#139 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Just checked my account and cancelled as well. I only ordered one and did it almost right after the deal was posted so all are probably going to be cancelled.

I think I'm done even trying to order from Target.com anymore. If they dont want to honor the price, that's fine, I can deal with it, but to not even send an apology email is unacceptable and this is not the first time Target has cancelled an order on me without notice. It's a shame, because they do a really good job with their physical store, don't know why their online store is so sloppy.
Posted Image

#140 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

I only ordered one and did it almost right after the deal was posted so all are probably going to be cancelled.

Although I agree, that alone isn't necessarily an indicator. When Best Buy had the BioShock LE on sale last year, I placed an order quite early and ended having it canceled...but people who ordered it up to 7-12 hours later received theirs without any issues. It's completely irrelevant, I know...just sayin'.

#141 mathyou

mathyou

Fart berries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Maybe it's because I am a call center manager, but I'm so turned off by their continually awful phone service that my experience with trying to get this deal has thrown me over the egde. I've opened a complaint at the Better Business Bureau, Pissedconsumer.com, and at Target Corporate, who were very nice and understanding, but still couldn't do anything and suggested I contact the executive office. I had called on 10/09 to place the order and was told to e-mail screenshots. I did, then I was told I should've placed the order first, so I needed to call. When I called again I was told to e-mail screenshots again, and when I did that I was denied for not having placed the order on 10/09! I've been given three different reasons why they wouldn't honor the price. I suppose this was the last straw in a seemingly endless saga of bad phone service at Target.

#142 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Sorry to bump a dead thread, but did this ship for anyone? Looks like the game is out today.

Posted Image

#143 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

I'm not really expecting it to ship, but we'll see. If not, maybe I can get another gift card out of them.

#144 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Nothing yet. Still waiting. CE was pulled from website.

#145 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

I can't imagine these will show up.

Posted Image

#146 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:07 AM