Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

• Please log in to reply
4442 replies to this topic

#721 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

holy crap you can get $40 for Nintendo Land!?! GS tiv is like $14 or something lol.

Also, I'm dying for the 100% to come back. So many games I want to trade in with it.

#722 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Lol, I suspect that trade in for this will drop like a rock over the next few months, as it always does with pack in games. Debating on trading mine in, but its one of only 2 Wii U games I have and really is a good showcase of what you can do with the system.

Trade it man. It will be 15 or less in no time.

#723 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

That's highway robbery at that tiv. I fully expect Best Buy to receive a tidal wave of Nintendo Land trade ins.

#724 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Lol, I suspect that trade in for this will drop like a rock over the next few months, as it always does with pack in games. Debating on trading mine in, but its one of only 2 Wii U games I have and really is a good showcase of what you can do with the system.

It'll be much lower by 12/25 when the next promo goes into effect if not sooner.

#725 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Just traded mine in today along with Tekken Tag 2, easy 50$. No way in hell would I wait if you have any plans to trade it in, I'd be surprised if it was still 20$ by this Sunday.

They had a hard time finding it in the system though, had to actually manually scroll through WiiU games, wouldnt scan or show up under search.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#726 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Just traded mine in today along with Tekken Tag 2, easy 50$. No way in hell would I wait if you have any plans to trade it in, I'd be surprised if it was still 20$ by this Sunday.

They had a hard time finding it in the system though, had to actually manually scroll through WiiU games, wouldnt scan or show up under search.

My BB's love me since I have SKU's for damn near all the games I've traded makes it easy to keep track of.

#727 247

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Anybody do a Gift Card purchase of a Visa Gift Card recently? Did they give you any trouble?

thinking of going tomorrow while Black Ops 2 and MW3 are hot.

Got one today with my pitch in card. Receipt says "open loop", why is that?

#728 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Got one today with my pitch in card. Receipt says "open loop", why is that?

Did you kill your future self sent back in time yet?

#729 Brandon Heat

Brandon Heat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Just came back from trading in Nintendo Land. Had some issues at my first Best Buy, so I had to go to a second one. The first Best Buy claimed the game wasn't in their system and I would only receive 1 cent for it.

PSN: BrandonHeat321

Nintendo 3DS FC: 4382-1998-1179

Steam: BrandonHeat321

#730 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Did you kill your future self sent back in time yet?

Thanks for making me laugh. God I loved that movie, one of the best I seen this year
Posted ImagePosted Image

#731 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

Nintendo Land is super tempting at $40 but honestly Mario Chase is way too fun (with friends).

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#732 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

So is the BB GC to Visa GC YMMV or something?

I've visited the forums and the official reps state that it is not possible to buy Visa GC with BB GC.

Even going as far as saying that the government has some kind of regulation on it, and that systems prevent it from happening.

#733 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

I've visited the forums and the official reps state that it is not possible to buy Visa GC with BB GC.

Even going as far as saying that the government has some kind of regulation on it, and that systems prevent it from happening.

Why is it ymmv?... I had no problem buying it with my bb gc... Thats stupid i say talk to the manager ...

#734 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

Why would anyone even ask that kind of question on BBY forums -_- that just screams FIX ME!
Its been discussed for quite some time in this and the previous bby trade-in thread.

#735 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Why is it ymmv?... I had no problem buying it with my bb gc... Thats stupid i say talk to the manager ...

Well I do know one thing. The system DOES allow it but I was recently denied the VISA card also. Before that I had purchased 4 of them the past 6 months. I think it is corporate policy to deny these as much as possible since the are really money losers for them. Although I do not understand then why they allow BBY GC to be used on Amazon and Itunes cards since they do not make much on those either. I need to try again but I have not since Black Friday.
Posted Image

#736 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Why would anyone even ask that kind of question on BBY forums -_- that just screams FIX ME!
Its been discussed for quite some time in this and the previous bby trade-in thread.

Seriously. If you don't believe one set of people on forums, what will make you believe the other set of people on forums?

#737 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

Well I do know one thing. The system DOES allow it but I was recently denied the VISA card also. Before that I had purchased 4 of them the past 6 months. I think it is corporate policy to deny these as much as possible since the are really money losers for them. Although I do not understand then why they allow BBY GC to be used on Amazon and Itunes cards since they do not make much on those either. I need to try again but I have not since Black Friday.

Dang that sucks for you guys /:... I had no problem with my bb they even suggested it to me when i traded in my games to get a visa gc (since i had 100$ in bb gc credit). Ive purchased it about 5x now when tradin my games in during 100% bonus

#738 r00kie

r00kie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

I bought 2 at 2 different BBs today with BB GCs. Neither cashier even batted an eye.

#739 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Should I trade in my Borderlands 2 for $15, +10% extra, plus the 50% bonus credit now for $24.50....or is there a better option somewhere else

#740 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Should I trade in my Borderlands 2 for $15, +10% extra, plus the 50% bonus credit now for $24.50....or is there a better option somewhere else

You mean $24. You could always sell it on craigslist. Maybe could get a little more by selling Amazon. All depends on how soon you want it sold.

#741 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Looks at stack of 46+ used BB visas...I've had to alert new staff how to ring them up b/c several have been completely confused F6, F5 then scan the large barcode done. B/C store credit is "payment" there should be no issue I've turned Target credit into pre-paid visa before. I consistantly double flip credit from BB to walmart back to BB...since BB credit doesn't earn RZ points buying a BB card the goto walmart & purchase a walmart GC & finally convert that to a $500 walmart pre-paid visa which now earns points just like cash. But u pay fees on both ends.

The glitch in the system was that RZ certs where able to be converted into the visas which was fixed several months ago but again store credit is "payment" thus can pay for anything that can be purchased in-store.

#742 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Looks at stack of 46+ used BB visas...I've had to alert new staff how to ring them up b/c several have been completely confused F6, F5 then scan the large barcode done. B/C store credit is "payment" there should be no issue I've turned Target credit into pre-paid visa before. I consistantly double flip credit from BB to walmart back to BB...since BB credit doesn't earn RZ points buying a BB card the goto walmart & purchase a walmart GC & finally convert that to a $500 walmart pre-paid visa which now earns points just like cash. But u pay fees on both ends.

The glitch in the system was that RZ certs where able to be converted into the visas which was fixed several months ago but again store credit is "payment" thus can pay for anything that can be purchased in-store.

Granted the system allows it, but multiple in house memos tell the employees it should not be allowed. Just a heads up

#743 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Never had any issues with BB credit to visa GC either.

#744 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Never had any issues with BB credit to visa GC either.

Why wouldn't it be allowed? I'm sure BBY gets a cut of the activation fee

#745 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Why wouldn't it be allowed? I'm sure BBY gets a cut of the activation fee

There may be some truth to the whole "legal" reason why they aren't supposed to. You could, theoretically, use it to launder money if you wanted, though not very efficiently...

More likely though, they don't like to allow it because that small cut of the activation fee is much less than the money walking out the door on the card.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#746 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

They fixed this? I haven't done that since around this time last year. I was amazed it worked. Last one I got was after my 5/$100 paid out. After that I pretty much never got anymore RZ certs because all purchases were paid with BB credit and I was banned after they started giving points for trade-ins.

#747 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

So is it confirmed that the 50% bonus TIV promo will go to the 22? I have a flip coming in the mail but since it didn't show up today I don't know if it will get here in time for the promo.

uc.png

#748 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Gamestop. They will give you around 33. they are running a 50% as well if the vakue satyed go there

#749 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Gamestop. They will give you around 33. they are running a 50% as well if the vakue satyed go there

The 50% promotion ended. There is still the 50% bonus if you trade in towards a sony pulse headset I believe, not sure when that ends.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#750 sjc1279

sjc1279

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

Anyone know trade in value for Zombie U at Bestbuy?