Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

• Please log in to reply
4442 replies to this topic

#1111 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Does anyone still have the email for the trade in from being banned? I found where I had wrote down the phone number but can't find the email. Called two weeks ago about my ban from Dec 2011 and they were supposed to call me back but never did.

#1112 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Does anyone still have the email for the trade in from being banned? I found where I had wrote down the phone number but can't find the email. Called two weeks ago about my ban from Dec 2011 and they were supposed to call me back but never did.

How'd you get banned?

#1113 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

If you need to trade something in urgently, try the passport trick, hopefully it still works.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1114 reicaden

reicaden

Needs More Cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

If you need to trade something in urgently, try the passport trick, hopefully it still works.

I know not of this trick, and I hope I never need to use it (not banned ... yet...) but JUST incase ;)
I have tried TONS of these websites, but this one delivers. <<<YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS!>>> 63.00$ in my account and counting! :) Just make a Gmail email, and bam you are good to go.
Posted Image

#1115 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Tradein@bestbuy.com

#1116 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

I know not of this trick, and I hope I never need to use it (not banned ... yet...) but JUST incase ;)

Not much of a trick. Use your passport instead of drivers license. I've been doing it for about 6 months now.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1117 bige562

bige562

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Anybody do any trade ins today? I wanted to go this morning but the trade in section of their website has been down all day so I'm wondering if their in store system is also down.

#1118 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Anybody do any trade ins today? I wanted to go this morning but the trade in section of their website has been down all day so I'm wondering if their in store system is also down.

just did a trade in 3 hours ago, no problem

#1119 Dakoshakid

Dakoshakid

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

I guess I shouldn't trade in my unopened copy of Black Ops so fast now.

Should actually play through the campaign at least now that the base is $6.

I'd say check again on Sunday/Monday. I heard they nuked a lot of games because this week is B2G1 on all pre-owned games at BB.

#1120 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

So we know this 100% is ending sunday.. do we know if 50% will be back ?

1080i is for douchebags

#1121 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

The trade-in page shows only a 50% bonus now.

#1122 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

The trade-in page shows only a 50% bonus now.

Scroll to the bottom under "This Week's Offers." It's still 100%.
26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: Tomb Raider (MP only)
:ps3: PS+ IGC

#1123 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Went yesterday to trade in two games, process took almost 30 minutes. The rep kept saying it was a new system and had to start all over a few times before it took, then couldn't get the finger print part to work. The rep was cool though plus they had avengers playing next to the station so I didn't mind too much.

#1124 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Scroll to the bottom under "This Week's Offers." It's still 100%.

Ditto. I actually don't see a 50% anywhere. Just 100%.

Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1125 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Ditto. I actually don't see a 50% anywhere. Just 100%.

I see it here:

http://www.bestbuy.c...17093&type=page

Maybe it's just me.

#1126 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

I'm seeing 50% as well, guess I'm lucky I traded them in yesterday

#1127 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

I see it here:

http://www.bestbuy.c...17093&type=page

Maybe it's just me.

You ignore that and go by what is at the bottom of the page.

#1128 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hoping they raise the trade in credit so I can let go of these Call of Duty games soon.

#1129 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

whoa. top of screen shows 50, bottom shows 100. lol, this should be good.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1130 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Both say 50% for me now, but prices haven't risen.

#1131 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Every time I trade in at Best Buy, it doesn't go smoothly. The person I'm dealing with inevitably "isn't the video games guy", or otherwise has no clue what they are doing. It ends up taking way longer than it should. But the trade-in values are pretty good, so I guess I keep going. :)

Crunchewy.png

#1132 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

^Don't they always have a video game guy in rotation shift in the video games section?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1133 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Both of those numbers are 50% for me too, but this page still says 100% if you scroll down:

http://www.bestbuy.c...cmcat8400050004

I'm guessing it will soon say 50% too. Seems like 100% may be over.

^Don't they always have a video game guy in rotation shift in the video games section?

If they do, they never seem to actually be available!

Crunchewy.png

#1134 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

I did trades today and the 100% is still on. No need to spread false information.

#1135 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

still showing 100% for me -in firefox-. annnnnnd holy crap RE6 base tiv is $3. thats harsh.
guess thats what happens when u do a b1+ _____ for $10 more.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1136 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Always? Hell No. I typically wait anywhere from 5-15mins at an empty trading kiosk until someone finally wanders by.
Posted Image

#1137 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Always? Hell No. I typically wait anywhere from 5-15mins at an empty trading kiosk until someone finally wanders by.

For me there is always a guy, and I know all of them (total of four, with a new white kid who needs me to remind him of the 10% everytime). My favorite guy is the asian kid, when he does my trade ins, it's over very quick. The worst is when some parents hold up the gaming rep asking questions like "What is the difference between 320GB and 160GB? What is Kinect? Do I need it?".

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1138 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

For me there is always a guy, and I know all of them (total of four, with a new white kid who needs me to remind him of the 10% everytime). My favorite guy is the asian kid, when he does my trade ins, it's over very quick. The worst is when some parents hold up the gaming rep asking questions like "What is the difference between 320GB and 160GB? What is Kinect? Do I need it?".

Yeah, I know the main gaming guy where I go, but he's not always there. Yesterday I had to wait for 2 guys looking for car speakers on the monitor with the blue shirt for almost 10 minutes before they ultimately decided they weren't getting anything :roll:.

The worst is when people get all huffy puffy about waiting for someone to finish my trade when they're only buying something they can totally handle at the front check out.
Posted Image

#1139 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

It's possible that the 50% is for next week and the top banner was put up by mistake. Very rare that Best Buy changes promo mid-week.

#1140 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

It's possible that the 50% is for next week and the top banner was put up by mistake. Very rare that Best Buy changes promo mid-week.

It is. According to the thread of next week's ad, the 50% is back.