Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

• Please log in to reply
4442 replies to this topic

#1321 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Don't they give you like the default $1 if it's not in the system?

#1322 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

If a game (e.g., Anarchy Reigns) is not in the inline trade in value calculator, does best buy accept it?

For a buck or 50 cents or whatever the generic item trade in is these days.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1323 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Don't they give you like the default $1 if it's not in the system?

Yup.

#1324 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

wish i had traded in some stuff while it was decent.. damn procastination

1080i is for douchebags

#1325 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Darn. So DC3 would get a pitance. Doesn't make a lot of sense that they'd give more for DC1 and DC2. Oh well. I guess I'll check again another day and see if it is in the system.

Crunchewy.png

#1326 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Darn. So DC3 would get a pitance. Doesn't make a lot of sense that they'd give more for DC1 and DC2. Oh well. I guess I'll check again another day and see if it is in the system.

There is a contact option for the online trade in, you may want to message them about it not being there. At this point, it not being there is an oversight not a delay. DC3 came out in November or October didn't it?

Point is you an try to get in touch and "inform them that a rather popular game in a rather popular franchise is not in their database at all" or find an alternative to trade it cause it probably isn't going to get added any time soon at this point.

Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1327 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

DC3 was in the system as recently as two weeks ago (I traded in DC2 and saw it when I was searching what the value would be). Don't remember what the base value was or anything, but this is almost definitely some sort of glitch on Best Buy's end (seems to happen more and more frequently).

#1328 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

DC3 was in the system as recently as two weeks ago (I traded in DC2 and saw it when I was searching what the value would be). Don't remember what the base value was or anything, but this is almost definitely some sort of glitch on Best Buy's end (seems to happen more and more frequently).

Are you sure? I remember searching a couple of weeks ago and not seeing it.

Odd...

#1329 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Odd...

Hmm.. Maybe I'm not 100% sure I saw it two weeks ago, but I am 100% sure I've seen it before. I have looked up the TIV for those games a few times recently when I was hard up for cash, but always skipped it because the Mrs likes em.

#1330 district_9000

district_9000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

Has anybody traded in the essentials version of forza 4? Do you get what there offering for the regular verison?

#1331 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

Has anybody traded in the essentials version of forza 4? Do you get what there offering for the regular verison?

Yeah, same situation when trading in a GOTY version of a game.

#1332 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

Odd...

Hate to break it to you guys but the base is $3. Searching via the game and then clicking the trade-in button yields this:
Spoiler

Not sure what's going on with the system. Here is the direct link if need it be.
http://www.cheapassg...ABJRU5ErkJggg==

#1333 xfade

xfade

Friend of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

I traded in Halo 4 to Best Buy for $40. That was after essentially getting it for $40 with the $20 RZ pre-order bonus and paying all with credit. Then getting a $20 price adjustment when Target had it for $39.99. And then selling the DLC on ebay for $40.

Would've been so awesome if I they actually did have it for $20 this week, lol. I would've bought it back and finished the campaign.

You traded Halo4 recently??? For $40? Hmmm...

#1334 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

You traded Halo4 recently??? For $40? Hmmm...

He probably meant last year around 2nd or 3rd week after Halo 4 came out. Base for Halo 4 was around $22 to $20 for 100% and $27 for 50% trade in promo back then. It dropped thereafter to $17 for 50% and now at $12 for 100% promo.

#1335 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

No value is up for Dead Space 3 :/

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#1336 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

No value is up for Dead Space 3 :/

I imagine we will see it Sunday-Tuesday sometime.

#1337 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

I imagine we will see it Sunday-Tuesday sometime.

It better. I'm waiting to see what it will be before opening and playing it. If it's anywhere below $30, I'm just going to return it...

#1338 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

It better. I'm waiting to see what it will be before opening and playing it. If it's anywhere below $30, I'm just going to return it...

Given the trend lately, my guess is the base would be $14. We shall see.

#1339 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Given the trend lately, my guess is the base would be $14. We shall see.

The base can't be that low.

#1340 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

Ni No Kuni says otherwise.

#1341 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

The value on a lot of their trades has decreased significantly. Hopefully this changes soon otherwise Ill be doing a lot less business with Best Buy.

#1342 njpillitteri

njpillitteri

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

PS Vita (white) WiFi base trade in value in store is $121

Does hardware get the 100% bonus? I'm assuming no.

#1343 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Ya, best buys trade values are really a joke now.
I don't trade a lot , but I brought 7 games for trade to get. Dead space 3, and ended up trading em at Gamestop. The 30% there was better than the 100% at BB.

What a load...
So Windwaker HD is like cocaine for my eyes.

#1344 nevergonnagive2

nevergonnagive2

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

I traded in two newly released games that I purchased over the holidays, played once and got mad at and decided I wouldn't touch them again.

I highly recommend taking advantage of this trade in bonus over something like Gamestop's guaranteed $30 for newish games.

#1345 nevergonnagive2

nevergonnagive2

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Ya, best buys trade values are really a joke now.
I don't trade a lot , but I brought 7 games for trade to get. Dead space 3, and ended up trading em at Gamestop. The 30% there was better than the 100% at BB.

What a load...

Yeah trade in values at best buy are terrible if they aren't newly released games and even then I only trade in at best buy when they have the 100%bonus

#1346 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

DmC says otherwise, too.

#1347 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

People here realize places like Best Buy want to make a profit on used games, right?

As I've said here before, gone are the days of 2012 when you could get ~$42 on a new game trade-in. There was no way that was going to last when that same game would only sell for $45-$50 used. We were spoiled last year. Adjust your expectations and move on.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#1348 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

If I can get 35 for new release I'll be happy.

Trading in Borderlands 2 with no level increase shit. Looks like 23.10 which isn't bad. Wasted $30 on damn season pass.

#1349 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

If I can get 35 for new release I'll be happy.

Trading in Borderlands 2 with no level increase shit. Looks like 23.10 which isn't bad. Wasted $30 on damn season pass.

The level cap increase in Borderlands 2 is coming soon if you want to hold out a little bit longer.

http://www.pcgamer.c...increase-march/

#1350 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

i have a black ops 2 for 360 i'm going to unload