Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

• Please log in to reply
4442 replies to this topic

#1351 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

The level cap increase in Borderlands 2 is coming soon if you want to hold out a little bit longer.

http://www.pcgamer.c...increase-march/

http://m.co-optimus....k-the-game.html

Breaking the game wtf. Give me my season pass money back.

#1352 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

http://m.co-optimus....k-the-game.html

Breaking the game wtf. Give me my season pass money back.

Well that completely contradicts the article I linked, haha. Oh well, I definitely got my money's worth out of BL2 and all it's DLC so far.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#1353 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Well that completely contradicts the article I linked, haha. Oh well, I definitely got my money's worth out of BL2 and all it's DLC so far.

It was my GOTY as my friends and I played it alot and thought season pass was an easy decision. The first DLC was good, but the second was weak and didn't touch the third as I wanted a level increase. I got my money's worth with $20 cert, but feel I got ripped off with the season pass. They should have known it would break the game with a level increase not lead us on.

#1354 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Wtf! I just traded in The Walking Dead for $7 base last night and I check now and it's at $8 base! :/

#1355 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

It was my GOTY as my friends and I played it alot and thought season pass was an easy decision. The first DLC was good, but the second was weak and didn't touch the third as I wanted a level increase. I got my money's worth with $20 cert, but feel I got ripped off with the season pass. They should have known it would break the game with a level increase not lead us on.

I have never not regretted a season pass. Gears 3, Mortal Kombat, MW3 and those weren't even terrible ones --Max Payne 3 season pass anyone?.

#1356 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Mmmm I haven't heard of this, how did it break the game?

Never mind I just read the article. It does make sense though. From a programming stand point, there are just things you can't do without breaking either the whole architecture or pushing the system to hard. Though it makes me wonder how it worked in BL1, since I didn't play that one (and now I really want to) did you guys the level increase affected the game at all?

#1357 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Mmmm I haven't heard of this, how did it break the game?

Never mind I just read the article. It does make sense though. From a programming stand point, there are just things you can't do without breaking either the whole architecture or pushing the system to hard. Though it makes me wonder how it worked in BL1, since I didn't play that one (and now I really want to) did you guys the level increase affected the game at all?

The first wasn't as high tech. It was a surprise hit so they probably had more room for improvement with DLC and level increase. Still the 2nd was a triple AAA title with high expectations and they delivered. Every interview I heard there was going to be a level increase now it will break the game come on. I guess eventually they might figure it out, but I'll trade it in while it still has value.

#1358 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Does BB take Kinect sensors?

#1359 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

It appears as though I have joined the ranks of the elite. I logged in to my Rewards account and on my account page, next to Certificates, it says Status and it says Premier Silver Status. I don't think I did anything to earn it, but I got it. Who knows, maybe after all the trading I did, I got the 2500 points to get Silver Status.

#1360 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

I think people are missing the fact that there is usually a bar below where it says Premier Silver Status that shows how close you are to getting it for the year and that is not there atm and instead says "Your recent transactions may be delayed through 2/23. Learn more."

#1361 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

In fact, that is exactly the case cause a 2nd account a made just for the reward zone poll also says it has silver status if you are looking at it like that, lol.

#1362 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

Traded in Far Cry 3 for $29.40 while it still has value. Picked it up for $30 used with a unused online pass so it was really worth it. Great game.

512847.png

#1363 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

well Dead Space 3 is up $18 base($37.80 w/GCU) same for Aliens Colonial Marines. I can deal with that for new releases. With tax i'm only paying $4.58 per game can't be that anywhere.

edit:keep in mind the base should rise when it's a 50% bonus so $22-$24 base most likely.

Edited by Enuf, 12 February 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#1364 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

well Dead Space 3 is up $18 base($37.80 w/GCU) same for Aliens Colonial Marines. I can deal with that for new releases. With tax i'm only paying $4.58 per game can't be that anywhere.

Ill have to agree. I was hoping they wouldnt try to pull the same shit they did with Ni No Kuni and DmC.

#1365 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Ill have to agree. I was hoping they wouldnt try to pull the same shit they did with Ni No Kuni and DmC.

For whatever reason PS3 exclusives generally don't see high TIV's & DmC had a release week promo w/RE6 & it seems they don't give full value for titles included in deals.

#1366 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

edit:keep in mind the base should rise when it's a 50% bonus so $22-$24 base most likely.

Don't forget any pricematching. Even at $50, you'll be paid to play.

#1367 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

Wish I had paid attention to see Aliens was $18 base. Definitely wouldn't mind checking it out for under $5. I think the game will drop during the first 2 months for a PM, but it's too late for the $20 GCU preorder. Oh well.

#1368 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Don't forget any pricematching. Even at $50, you'll be paid to play.

That's based on a $39.99 pm($42.XX w/tax) minus the $37.XX.
Now Gears(I don't have a 360) I'll just unload to my craiglist regs. for $50 cash so $40 pm is just sweet there. And a GS manager that works right across the street from BB is gonna pay me $50 cash for bioshock since it's cheaper than his GS discount w/tax. LOL

#1369 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Wish I had paid attention to see Aliens was $18 base. Definitely wouldn't mind checking it out for under $5. I think the game will drop during the first 2 months for a PM, but it's too late for the $20 GCU preorder. Oh well.

don't feel bad aliens isn't a $20 pre-order game best you can do would be a YMMV kmart $15 gaming coupon pm which would mean they'd either deduct $15 off the $60 on the spot or take $15 off & "charge" you for a $15 BB GC either a which you do have a chance to try. I'd say call the store 1st unless your close to a BB since I've only got this match once ever & that was b/c of the # of people who stated they got their BB's to match it. The only $20 game you missed is Dead Sapce 3 so there's 12 more games that are still play, fact in the close release dats from now untill the end of March tons of the games will be on sale faster than during X-mas. There's no X-mas sales boost or black Friday sales boost for them to hold the price for so sales must come.

#1370 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

That's based on a $39.99 pm($42.XX w/tax) minus the $37.XX.
Now Gears(I don't have a 360) I'll just unload to my craiglist regs. for $50 cash so $40 pm is just sweet there. And a GS manager that works right across the street from BB is gonna pay me $50 cash for bioshock since it's cheaper than his GS discount w/tax. LOL

Oh, I thought you were factoring in the $20 cert, not a PM. The cert+$40 PM would pay you $15 to play it, LOL

#1371 argyle

argyle

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Hrm, looks like after I dust off my Ni No Kuni plat tomorrow I'll start focusing on playing through DS3 so I can flip it this week. Well, either playing through it or flipping it beforehand if it doesn't grab me soon.

Tempted to grab Revengeance next week now if it looks like it will have a $18 base as well.
Posted Image

#1372 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hrm, looks like after I dust off my Ni No Kuni plat tomorrow I'll start focusing on playing through DS3 so I can flip it this week. Well, either playing through it or flipping it beforehand if it doesn't grab me soon.

Tempted to grab Revengeance next week now if it looks like it will have a $18 base as well.

The first couple chapters of Dead Space 3 probably won't grab you. Weakest start in the series but it gets better.

I'm actually quite content with a $37.80 trade in value.

Works out as such for me so far (with no price adjustments yet): $60 (giftcard) to buy Dead Space 3 + Free Dead Space 3 guide (TRU match), + $20 RZ Certificate plus $37.80 trade in means that so far I got DS3 and the guide for roughly $2.20 before tax. Almost forgot, plus I got 120 RZ points for purchasing it (60x2 for GCU), plus I'll get another 36 for trading it in (so 156 RZ points total) and a total of $78 towards my next year's silver status. Trying to sell the guide for around $10 on eBay and even a $10 price adjustment will put me well in the black on this one. :)

Edited by BudzMcGee, 12 February 2013 - 05:20 PM.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1373 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

$18 base is pretty good. $20 cert so basically done to $40 then potential price match with a chance to get them to pay you to play like before.

#1374 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

I'm actually quite peeved that I traded in Far Cry on Thursday for under 30 and now it jumped up to 35.

#1375 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

The first couple chapters of Dead Space 3 probably won't grab you. Weakest start in the series but it gets better.

I'm actually quite content with a $37.80 trade in value.

Works out as such for me so far (with no price adjustments yet): $60 (giftcard) to buy Dead Space 3 + Free Dead Space 3 guide (TRU match), + $20 RZ Certificate plus $37.80 trade in means that so far I got DS3 and the guide for roughly $2.20 before tax. Almost forgot, plus I got 120 RZ points for purchasing it (60x2 for GCU), plus I'll get another 36 for trading it in (so 156 RZ points total) and a total of $78 towards my next year's silver status. Trying to sell the guide for around $10 on eBay and even a $10 price adjustment will put me well in the black on this one. :)

I thought you didn't get RZ points for purchases made with a gift card...? :???:

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1376 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

I thought you didn't get RZ points for purchases made with a gift card...? :???:

Sometimes it does give you some points, sometimes it doesn't give any. I think you're not supposed to get any, but the system sucks anyways.

Darn, I didn't know about the TRU guide sale though..

#1377 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Pretty cool of BBY to provide $18 base, great for those who can beat it in time.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1378 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Generally you don't, but for some reason I've gotten points on most of these "deal" type things.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1379 BR1CK

BR1CK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Damn...traded in far cry 3 when it was $14 base, now its back up to $17 base.

#1380 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Are you guys really that worried about extremely minor trade-in differences from a few days? I would be happy to get the original value if it's good instead of risking it go down.

I support Rozz 100%.