Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

• Please log in to reply
4442 replies to this topic

#1381 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Are you guys really that worried about extremely minor trade-in differences from a few days? I would be happy to get the original value if it's good instead of risking it go down.

you have to understand though. a extra 5$ in trade in credit is gold on cag as 5$ can get you a new game sometimes lol
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#1382 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Generally you don't, but for some reason I've gotten points on most of these "deal" type things.

What? How? Are you doing anything special?

Are you guys really that worried about extremely minor trade-in differences from a few days? I would be happy to get the original value if it's good instead of risking it go down.

you have to understand though. a extra 5$ in trade in credit is gold on cag as 5$ can get you a new game sometimes lol

It's a gambling game, and a fun one :D!

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1383 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

As stated by TooPoor though, it's a gambling game... If you waited we'd get people complaining about how the values have decreased a couple of days later. :lol:

#1384 BR1CK

BR1CK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Not so much, i payed $30 for FC3 and got $28 by trading it in. If i had gotten $34 i could be a true CAG and say i was paid to play the game!

Half the fun of being on this site is taking part in deals and sharing it with everyone.

#1385 Supremacy

Supremacy

Turn down for what

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

TIV for Black Ops 2 is $17 without the 100% bonus. What do you guys think? Should I wait?

#1386 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

TIV for Black Ops 2 is $17 without the 100% bonus. What do you guys think? Should I wait?

I'd take it games that sell alot seem to be ones BB will drop not raise.

#1387 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

What? How? Are you doing anything special?

Just lucky I guess. The really crazy part is that every single time I price adjusted (priced matched after purchase) I got points again for the adjusted price. So 120 for the first, then 80 more when they price adjusted it to $40. :lol: And no, they didn't subtract my points from the first purchase, I checked each time.

I hate that all of our purchases from basically January 1st on are stuck at pending till possibly the 23rd though. I have like 700 pending points not counting purchases in the last week and a half with 900 some (a lot from the facebook app) banked.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1388 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

I haven't traded in awhile and tried today. Took forever to get them to take Killzone Trilogy because it was in a not for resale case from the controller bundle. Then they wouldn't give me the value for Uncharted 2 Goty because I brought it in a generic BBY case for Uncharted 2. She kept saying that she had to go by the upc on the case which was for the non goty version. Can't they still take games without a case? If so I"l take it back with no case.

#1389 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

I haven't traded in awhile and tried today. Took forever to get them to take Killzone Trilogy because it was in a not for resale case from the controller bundle. Then they wouldn't give me the value for Uncharted 2 Goty because I brought it in a generic BBY case for Uncharted 2. She kept saying that she had to go by the upc on the case which was for the non goty version. Can't they still take games without a case? If so I"l take it back with no case.

Instances like these just trade disc only to avoid the hassle. Other posters have talked about issues trading in disc only but I personally have done it quite a few times without any issue at all.

If they give you a hard time just have your phone ready with their trade in policy which clearly states disc only is allowed.

#1390 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

Yeah, is just take in that uncharted 2 GOTY in disc only. Or at least remove the 'art work' of the best buy generic case.

Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1391 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

I think I found another change DMC used price is $50(before 10% off GCU)not the usual $45.

#1392 Shiftygism

Shiftygism

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

I'd take it games that sell alot seem to be ones BB will drop not raise.

Actually, BLOPS2's base trade went up in the last week by $3.

I doubt you'll get more than $34 for it at this point though, navalg1337....so yeah....jump on that, I did.

#1393 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

I was Worst Buy'd today at Best Buy. They told me they wouldn't allow me to trade in a game without the case. But that's not the problem. I can understand that there are managers that are ignorant of the policy. What I have a problem with is the stupid reason he gave me. He told me that the store is losing money by taking in a game only trade in. He told me that by only taking the disc, they have to spend money to buy a case for it. That's true, they do, but that is not the customer's problem at all. He then likened taking a disc only game to him selling a computer for $1. The similarity? Best Buy loses money. He likened buying a case for a few cents to spending hundreds of dollars on a computer.

I would like to present a thesis to the scientific community. It is possible to become dumber by being near a dumb person. When you are near a dumb person, they radiate stupid energy, which causes you to become dumber by being near them. I am serious, I think I lost at least a dozen IQ points by talking to that guy.

#1394 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

I was Worst Buy'd today at Best Buy. They told me they wouldn't allow me to trade in a game without the case. But that's not the problem. I can understand that there are managers that are ignorant of the policy. What I have a problem with is the stupid reason he gave me. He told me that the store is losing money by taking in a game only trade in. He told me that by only taking the disc, they have to spend money to buy a case for it. That's true, they do, but that is not the customer's problem at all. He then likened taking a disc only game to him selling a computer for $1. The similarity? Best Buy loses money. He likened buying a case for a few cents to spending hundreds of dollars on a computer.

I would like to present a thesis to the scientific community. It is possible to become dumber by being near a dumb person. When you are near a dumb person, they radiate stupid energy, which causes you to become dumber by being near them. I am serious, I think I lost at least a dozen IQ points by talking to that guy.

I had one trade in where a gal manager walked by just as the staff member was apologizing to me for hitting the wrong button and having to start over... sigh 27 games... mostly DS that I took in in without cases ...
She copped an attitude, acted like I was not present and snappily asked the staff member where were the cases?
Staff member shrugged and explained his error and she left...
I then stated that BBuy sells cases that hold only DS cartridges or Game/DVD discs to save space... so were they going to stop selling those so that patrons kept cases for future trade ins?
He said you have a point....

Perhaps your manager should take a look at the storage cases they sell to discourage you from keeping cases and then explain your rejected trade in...
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1395 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

I have always thought that they should deduct a dollar when you don't have a case. Problem solved.

#1396 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

I have always thought that they should deduct a dollar when you don't have a case. Problem solved.

Best Buy and Gamestop both sell used games without cases all the time. Do you really think they're going to sell it cheaper just because it doesn't have a case? Why is it fair for them to give you less money then?

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#1397 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

When you log into myrz does that premiere silver tab means that you are silver member. Haven't logged on in months now i forgot if that was even there or not

#1398 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

I would like to present a thesis to the scientific community. It is possible to become dumber by being near a dumb person. When you are near a dumb person, they radiate stupid energy, which causes you to ber by being near them. I am serious, I think I lost at least a dozen IQ points by talking to that guy.

Dude you got dumber. Sorry.

I do agree with your thesis, but when I know a conversation is going down the dumb path I look for an out (in a respectable manner of course because stooping to their level doesn't help your cause).

Save yourself the hassle next time because it simply ain't worth it.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#1399 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

When you log into myrz does that premiere silver tab means that you are silver member. Haven't logged on in months now i forgot if that was even there or not

If the page turns silver/gray after you sign in then yes

#1400 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

If the page turns silver/gray after you sign in then yes

Hmm interesting, page didn't turn silver but it does say premier silver status right under where they show your certificate balance. Nice didn't even know they upgraded me

#1401 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

Its not silver status. It always says
Premier
Silver Status

but there is usually a bar under there showing your progress but right now its replaced with

Your recent transactions may be delayed through 2/23. Learn more.

#1402 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

is this promo going to be extended ? i have a very good trade in planed using my gamestop b2g1 free coupon and i dont want to miss out on doin it :)
Currently playing

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:

#1403 Claus DuBois

Claus DuBois

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

Also the person bringing in a disc with no case could just buy a case before they hit the trade-in counter. Again, problem solved.

#1404 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

is this promo going to be extended ? i have a very good trade in planed using my gamestop b2g1 free coupon and i dont want to miss out on doin it :)

enuf said in the weekly ad thread for this week that he thought the 100% would end on the following Saturday (2/23). It'd be nice if the ad was posted so we could know for certain, though.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1405 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

Also the person bringing in a disc with no case could just buy a case before they hit the trade-in counter. Again, problem solved.

I actually did that with a game I took in, the chick there even said "Thanks for actually bringing a case for the game." lol I asked her if people tended to bring their games without cases and she was like "Yeah, they just bring the disc only without a paper sleeve or anything".

I'm amazed BB actually takes discs like that without deducting anything.

#1406 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

enuf said in the weekly ad thread for this week that he thought the 100% would end on the following Saturday (2/23). It'd be nice if the ad was posted so we could know for certain, though.

The promo signs in-store have the end date at the bottom when I was in-store I looked for it & posted it.

#1407 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

it looks like bestbuy doesnt except ps2 games anymore as every ps2 game has a 0$ value now with the up comming changes to the rewards program and stuff this doesnt surprise me. ohh i miss those days of trading in the ps2 sports games lol. business wise this move is the obvious one for them to make
Currently playing

Games recently beaten

#1408 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

it looks like bestbuy doesnt except ps2 games anymore as every ps2 game has a 0$ value now with the up comming changes to the rewards program and stuff this doesnt surprise me. ohh i miss those days of trading in the ps2 sports games lol. business wise this move is the obvious one for them to make

Surprised it took this long, but leave it to Best Buy to not just remove them from the system but instead give them all a $0 value. lol

Suppose that makes sense though, that way no store clerk who doesn't realize they don't take them anymore doesn't just start giving them the generic sku or something...

#1409 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

The Facebook app isn't working for me. Is anybody else having trouble, or is it just me?

#1410 spidey35

spidey35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

The Facebook app isn't working for me. Is anybody else having trouble, or is it just me?

I'm having problems too