Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

• Please log in to reply
4442 replies to this topic

#1411 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Reward zone was done today for mantinence. It just came back up so it should be working within the next hour.

Funny thing though, BB took points away from my g/fs account and issued her a 10 dollar cert only losing 17 points total. My g/f called and asked why she lost points if she has a credit card with them and also because it issued us a cert but we couldnt find it or print it. They said it would show up in a few days and to wait but then we checked her account the next day and the cert was there but they also added 500 points to the account.

Fast forward to today and she was reimbursed 325 points today as well lol.

#1412 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

The Facebook app isn't working for me. Is anybody else having trouble, or is it just me?

I don't have a Facebook Account. If I made one say today would I be able to start taking advantage of the Best Buy poll right away or is there a waiting period? Also any idea how long BBY plans to continue this?

#1413 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

I don't have a Facebook Account. If I made one say today would I be able to start taking advantage of the Best Buy poll right away or is there a waiting period? Also any idea how long BBY plans to continue this?

You can do it immdeiately. No idea how long it will go for.

#1414 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Facebook app is still down for me for those asking before.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1415 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

damn i don't want to miss today's poll. That's 50 cents we're talking about!

#1416 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Has anyone traded in Hitman HD Trilogy for Xbox 360? I dont understand why they dont have this game listed on their site.

#1417 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Has anyone traded in Hitman HD Trilogy for Xbox 360? I dont understand why they dont have this game listed on their site.

From my experience, if the game is not listed online, it will not scan in-stores, as well ... and they won't accept it unless you want to settle for the $1 generic value game UPC barcode.

My Current Lowball Sale is NOW CLOSED.  I lost so much sweat & tears. [cries] 

animePSP2.jpg

#1418 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Facebook app is still down for me for those asking before.

Yes. And as of right now, it is still down. Looks like we're gonna miss it today.

#1419 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

Yeah, still down but hey, just noticed this when the main reward zone site finally popped up for me a moment ago on the right hand side under account info: "Premier Silver member through Feb 2014"

Guess I got silver for another year. Wasn't sure if I had just made it or not.

Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1420 boris1

boris1

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

how much can i get for darksiders 2

#1421 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

Wonder if BB is shutting down the polls lol. Either way, apparently they kicked me into another free year of Silver, so I aint complaining. Wish I had found out sooner though, barely got 125 points from it
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1422 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

Traded in Assassin's Creed 3 (Xbox 360) for $20. Should have been $21 with my Unlocked membership, but the cashier was clueless on how to make that stack on top of the 100% bonus so he lazily lied to me by saying it would show up when I tried to use the gift card. I knew he was full of BS but I was not in the mood to argue over $1, so $20 it is.

#1423 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

The app seems to be working again. Although it's now some mobile app and it's only giving 10 points instead of 25. Is this permanent or what?

#1424 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

Crysis 3 and Metal Gear Rising already up, base tiv $18

#1425 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

The app seems to be working again. Although it's now some mobile app and it's only giving 10 points instead of 25. Is this permanent or what?

Apparently not. Got 2 polls today and got 50 points. Also finally got all my pending points, so I got another 5$ coupon today.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1426 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Basically the only thing BB trade-in is good for now are the new releases. Older games have better TIVs at GS. I should have gotten Crysis 3 :(

#1427 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

This week has actually given me some hope that Best Buy is actually working to make the trade in/pre-owned system work. This is the first time I can think of that pre-owned games were specifically advertised (as in the specific game and price) in a weekly ad. Plus, the clearancing out of all their PS2 and PSP pre-owned games shows that they are clearing out and eliminating parts of the program that don't make sense any more. Combine that with the fact they are still offering good values for new games gives me some hope that someone is over at corporate trying to make the whole thing work.

#1428 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

As a heads up, the reward zone facebook app is giving 25 points per poll again (well, for today's poll at least). There is also a new member choice thing available which will net another 25.

#1429 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Now to just see what the TIVs go to when it's only 50% bonus. They need to be at least 24 base to be equivalent to now. I have faith.

#1430 tk_tymes

tk_tymes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

I tried to trade in my copy of borderlands 2 I bought from Amazon last year in store yesterday and was told bestbuy doesn't accept trade-ins for games bought elsewhere. This was my first time attempting a trade-in at bestbuy so I was unaware that was a thing

#1431 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

that is bs, lol. Just lie and say you did bought it from best buy even if that was the case, lol.

#1432 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

I tried to trade in my copy of borderlands 2 I bought from Amazon last year in store yesterday and was told bestbuy doesn't accept trade-ins for games bought elsewhere. This was my first time attempting a trade-in at bestbuy so I was unaware that was a thing

That's BS. Try another Best Buy or different employee.

#1433 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Its not bs. Stores have to abide by local pawn laws. You can see what restrictions your store has by searching the trade in store locater.

#1434 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Weird, all the stores in my area don't say they need to be bought at Best Buy expect for the one in Vineland, NJ.

#1435 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Its not bs. Stores have to abide by local pawn laws. You can see what restrictions your store has by searching the trade in store locater.

Pawn laws? Those pawn laws are bs. Which makes Best Buy's rule bs. You can only trade in a game you bought in that store? That's so stupid.
The Silent Owl always gets his mark. Chapapa.

#1436 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

LA has the same problem. 4 closest to me don't take trade-ins. They won't take it unless you have a receipt to prove it. Doesn't matter if it's 1-20 years old, you need the receipt. So lying and saying you purchased it there won't work.

EDIT:
Aliens Colonial Marines is up for $18. Might want to trade that in before the price plummets.

#1437 DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Wow, that trade-in/pawn law stuff is nuts & annoying, sorry dudes

#1438 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

LA has the same problem. 4 closest to me don't take trade-ins. They won't take it unless you have a receipt to prove it. Doesn't matter if it's 1-20 years old, you need the receipt. So lying and saying you purchased it there won't work.

Really? I have never ran into that requirement. They do swipe your ID and scan your fingerprint though. Maybe you didn't present your ID?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1439 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

The Tampa Best Buys require that you bought the game from that specific store (with receipt) supposedly due to the local pawn laws. But it doesnt make sense to me as how in the world do regular pawn shops exist in Tampa? I have never stepped foot inside a pawn shop, but I thought you could sell your stuff to them if you wanted to. I doubt all the pawn shops in Tampa could exist without being able to buy stuff that people didnt buy from them.

Fuck work

Wrencrest.png

#1440 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Laws like that exist to discourage/prevent pawn shops from opening. Its quite possible there aren't any pawn shops in city limits.

Note I have no knowledge of tampa politics or laws. The above is not meant as an absolute truth.

Edited by Kyden139, 20 February 2013 - 09:49 PM.