Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

• Please log in to reply
4442 replies to this topic

#1471 minimidgy

minimidgy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

This might have been asked somewhere, but is there a limit on how many copies of the same game I'm allowed to trade in? If they are willing to give me $34 for each and I can buy them for $28 each, can I buy like 10 copies of the game for a quick $60?

#1472 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

limit is 3 of the same game.

#1473 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

limit is 3 of the same game.

Flippers are useless to a company. It's not just the 3 of the same game, it's that they are not likely to spend their actual money.

So as a group, they are not the most desirable customers.

BB wants "traders" who trade in a few games and buy games at $55/$60. You know, kinda like GameStop.

Even though to you, it's all the same thing, there's no overall margin in it for them.

#1474 minimidgy

minimidgy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

I don't see why they wouldn't take like 20 copies of Black Ops II. If I could buy one of the best-selling games right now for $34 knowing I can sell it for $50, I would have no problem buying 10 of them.

#1475 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

I don't see why they wouldn't take like 20 copies of Black Ops II. If I could buy one of the best-selling games right now for $34 knowing I can sell it for $50, I would have no problem buying 10 of them.

Because they took in 20000 copies of Two Worlds II and sold 4.

#1476 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

Because they took in 20000 copies of Two Worlds II and sold 4.

To be fair 18,000 copies are at one best buy in Montana.

#1477 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

To be fair 18,000 copies are at one best buy in Montana.

and another 10,000 around my bestbuys due to that memorable two worlds 2 flip from 2011 lol
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1478 itsoverninethousand

itsoverninethousand

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

and another 10,000 around my bestbuys due to that memorable two worlds 2 flip from 2011 lol

And the rest was from TommyLove.

#1479 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

I don't remember that one. What was the damage done?

#1480 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

I'm surprised I've never seen Two Worlds ll at my BB.

#1481 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

Flippers are useless to a company. It's not just the 3 of the same game, it's that they are not likely to spend their actual money.

So as a group, they are not the most desirable customers.

BB wants "traders" who trade in a few games and buy games at $55/$60. You know, kinda like GameStop.

Even though to you, it's all the same thing, there's no overall margin in it for them.

If they want people to buy games at $55/60, then they deserve the flippers.
The Silent Owl always gets his mark. Chapapa.

#1482 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

yes, that makes perfect sense.

thank god for ignore.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1483 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

Lol not sure if serious

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#1484 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

What I mean is, selling used games for $5 less than new ones is a terrible practice. And such a high MSRP is also a terrible practice. If Best Buy likes such high prices, they deserve to lose some money to the flippers as well.
The Silent Owl always gets his mark. Chapapa.

#1485 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

What I mean is, selling used games for $5 less than new ones is a terrible practice. And such a high MSRP is also a terrible practice. If Best Buy likes such high prices, they deserve to lose some money to the flippers as well.

MSRP is determined by the "manufacturer" or publisher. Best Buy and other stores have no reason to charge less unless they strike a deal with the companies so they can put the games on sale. The companies then credit the retailers.

Also the $5 less for used is GS's pricing model. BB's is around $15.

#1486 albwrong

albwrong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Looks like it is 50% this week with no adjustment in base values. Glad I got mine in yesterday.

#1487 argyle

argyle

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Looks like it is 50% this week with no adjustment in base values. Glad I got mine in yesterday.

Yup, same here.

Now I'm just concerned that neither of my last 2 preorder pickup transactions (Dead Space 3 & now Revengeance) have shown up online. Revengeance *might* still be too new, but I should be seeing DS3 by now. Guess I'll have to call Monday.
Posted Image

#1488 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Yup, same here.

Now I'm just concerned that neither of my last 2 preorder pickup transactions (Dead Space 3 & now Revengeance) have shown up online. Revengeance *might* still be too new, but I should be seeing DS3 by now. Guess I'll have to call Monday.

You're not the only one, well depending on what you mean. My pick up is there, and my points have gone through for my purchase, but there is nothing indicating I have 1,000 points on the way for my pre-order/pickup.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1489 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

You're not the only one, well depending on what you mean. My pick up is there, and my points have gone through for my purchase, but there is nothing indicating I have 1,000 points on the way for my pre-order/pickup.

Last year, on the fine print, you only got the 1000 if you picked up the game within 5 days of release (I think may have been more)

#1490 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

So down to 50% and no increase in TIV goodbye Best Buy sadly back to Gamestop.

#1491 argyle

argyle

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Nope, my pickup isn't showing at all even tho other transactions around the same time are. I wouldn't be too concerned if it just wasn't showing the bonus points yet.
Posted Image

#1492 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Let's all hope that the guy who adjusts the TIVs is still sleeping.

#1493 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

I can't imagine why they wouldn't just automate the TIVs...

#1494 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

just as i thought, the tiv's didnt go up at all. looks like i made the right choice on trading in all of those games yesturday
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1495 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Last year, on the fine print, you only got the 1000 if you picked up the game within 5 days of release (I think may have been more)

I picked it up on day one, so I'm pretty sure I made the window. :)

Nope, my pickup isn't showing at all even tho other transactions around the same time are. I wouldn't be too concerned if it just wasn't showing the bonus points yet.

I'm actually more concerned as the purchase has already been processed but no sign of the bonus points. But I just made a phone call and was told that for some reason the system isn't showing them this time around (like last time) and that they should show as pending at the 30 day mark and deposit by the 35 day mark and that there isn't any reason to worry before then. Which works for me as I'm banking points anyway.

Kind of amazed TIV prices haven't adjusted, but with how many people reported issues with the 100% yesterday who knows what is going on.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1496 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

I can't imagine why they wouldn't just automate the TIVs...

Because Best Buy.

#1497 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

A day after the trade in value changes I 1000/1000 my game! Damn!

#1498 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Fuck no tiv updates. does anyone recall around what time values changed during a new promo?

#1499 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Fuck no tiv updates. does anyone recall around what time values changed during a new promo?

When it went from 50% to 100% it adjusted down a day or two before Sunday. This is opposite but maybe they're easing out of the trade in thing.

#1500 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

When it went from 50% to 100% it adjusted down a day or two before Sunday. This is opposite but maybe they're easing out of the trade in thing.

that is what i think too