Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

• Please log in to reply
4442 replies to this topic

#1561 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

yeah, i have a b2g1 for reupping my pro membership but don't have 3 used games I want. if I could find a way to flip that into profit, it would be nice.

Not ideal but you can buy Generator Rex cheaper at GameStop ($7) than it trades in at Best Buy ($8).
Doing some math-
Buy 3 for $14 (after getting one free). Let's assume 10% discount for PUR Pro = $12.60. If you have 10% sales tax, $13.86.
Trade in all 3 to Best Buy for $24. If you are Gamer Club Unlocked, you get $25.20. Not REALLY worth it, but it's a good money transfer and you basically pay $14 for over $25 worth of Amazon GCs (or whatever you'd buy at BBY).

Anyway, just throwing some ideas out there. I'd LOVE for people to do better credit transfers. I got so much GS money that I'm trying to get out haha.

#1562 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

id rather try something that isnt 3 copies of something. I want to not get banned, lol. Though I guess I could just use my other ID card and if they ban it would be on that one.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#1563 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

id rather try something that isnt 3 copies of something. I want to not get banned, lol. Though I guess I could just use my other ID card and if they ban it would be on that one.

Gotcha. I'll let you know if I find something although from personal experience, you can trade in 3 of one game per console (so like 3 360 BO2s and 3 PS3 BO2s) without getting banned. OP says YMMV though depending on location. I know some workers have questioned why I have multiple copies of some games, but I always make up some excuse about hosting tournaments for the game (true for some of them) or having a lot of siblings that didn't like the game.

#1564 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

i just traded in three copys of a game to bestbuy and im about to get more copys this week. its such a profitible credit transfer that i have to take advantage of it (always aim for 100% profit over cost or as close to it as possible). this wont top the 10 or so cod mw3 copys i traded in last march though lol. i miss the old bestbuy trade in days :(
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1565 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

i just traded in three copys of a game to bestbuy and im about to get more copys this week. its such a profitible credit transfer that i have to take advantage of it. this wont top the 10 or so cod mw3 copys i traded in last march though lol. i miss the old bestbuy trade in days :(

Gonna keep that bad boy a secret? :lol:
If you PM me, I won't tell!

#1566 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

Gonna keep that bad boy a secret? :lol:
If you PM me, I won't tell!

its known by many people. im surprised nobody has brought it up yet. its in the trade in thread anyway as i posted it there
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1567 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

its known by many people. im surprised nobody has brought it up yet. its in the trade in thread anyway as i posted it there

If it's what I saw a few days ago, isn't it hard to find?

#1568 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Are trade-in values for older games pretty set in stone? I'm not supposed to be lifting anything remotely heavy for the next three weeks or so, so I'd rather not risk taking all my games in if I can wait on it.

unless your 75 games are 5 copies of 25 games, you should be fine.

-----

ALSO THE WORD IS MOTHERFUCKING COPIES. COPIES.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1569 applecider

applecider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

If it's what I saw a few days ago, isn't it hard to find?

If he's referring to Top Trumps, then no, I've seen a copy at every GS. Unfortunately I moved most of my allotment back when it was a $20 -> $25.20 flip. :(

#1570 guessed

guessed

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

If he's referring to Top Trumps, then no, I've seen a copy at every GS. Unfortunately I moved most of my allotment back when it was a $20 -> $25.20 flip. :(

They are few and far between in my area. I did the research last night, and I definitely won't be able to get to any of the used copies. There are 1 or 2 new that might be worth the trip, but I doubt I'll get the chance.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#1571 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

God of War is up. 18 is the new 20.

#1572 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

God of War is up. 18 is the new 20.

That sounds like something I would of told a 20 something girl I worked with when I was 18.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1573 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

The new releases from Tomb Raider-Bioshock are all 18 base. The 100% will end 4-6.

#1574 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Can anyone confirm if the 100% tarde in bonus credit is still on. I see the post above me says it ends on 4-6, but might as well ask to see if there is any updates on this. Thanks.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#1575 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Can anyone confirm if the 100% tarde in bonus credit is still on. I see the post above me says it ends on 4-6, but might as well ask to see if there is any updates on this. Thanks.

Yes. You can check easily online via the website. http://www.bestbuy.c...17093&type=page

#1576 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

jeez...havnt traded in anything at BB in so long. Their TIVs are awful now...nothing except new releases gets ANYTHING good anymore.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#1577 Cimpy101

Cimpy101

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

jeez...havnt traded in anything at BB in so long. Their TIVs are awful now...nothing except new releases gets ANYTHING good anymore.

Even new releases seem pretty bad. $18 for bioshock infinite? I hope I'm reading that wrong or they lowered it because of the promotion.

#1578 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Even new releases seem pretty bad. $18 for bioshock infinite? I hope I'm reading that wrong or they lowered it because of the promotion.

You get $37.8 after bonuses for Infinite, seems pretty good to me.

#1579 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

That with with an extra 10%. Not bad, but you shouldn't need 100%-110% bonus to get a fair value.

I just checked Mario Galaxy 2 at $6 and Skyward Sword at $5. What a joke. Might as well donate them to an orphanage at that point.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1580 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

That with with an extra 10%. Not bad, but you shouldn't need 100%-110% bonus to get a fair value.

I just checked Mario Galaxy 2 at $6 and Skyward Sword at $5. What a joke. Might as well donate them to an orphanage at that point.

I'm not trying to pick on you, but I always think of fair price value as the value after any promo is taken into account.

Do you expect to get "fair price" before any promo calculation? Because if that's the case, then they shouldn't offer a promo. But we know that advertising/offering a promo is a fundamental marketing strategy.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#1581 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

better at Amazon, TiV for Bioshock Infinite is $43 right now

#1582 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Don't fall prey to the marketing. The 100% bonus at BBY is a pedestrian thing so all their TIVs are adjusted accordingly. There hasn't been a week where there hasn't been a 50% or 100% bonus in years. Unless you trade in by shipping your item to BBY, there is no way someone will only get $18 for Infinite. And the 37.80 you get for new releases, while lower than the 42 you used to get, routinely beat GS values except for rare exceptions like now when GS runs their own 50% bonus a few times a year. With all that being said BBY is a poor choice to trade in anything other than new releases. They actually update those values while everything else just drops one day for good.

#1583 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

and theyve had skyward sword on sale so thats why its $5

#1584 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Don't fall prey to the marketing. The 100% bonus at BBY is a pedestrian thing so all their TIVs are adjusted accordingly. There hasn't been a week where there hasn't been a 50% or 100% bonus in years. Unless you trade in by shipping your item to BBY, there is no way someone will only get $18 for Infinite. And the 37.80 you get for new releases, while lower than the 42 you used to get, routinely beat GS values except for rare exceptions like now when GS runs their own 50% bonus a few times a year. With all that being said BBY is a poor choice to trade in anything other than new releases. They actually update those values while everything else just drops one day for good.

Tell that to Top Trumps.
Also, I'm pretty sure the 50%/100% promos is mainly so that they don't REALLY have to give an extra 10% trade in bonus for GCU. It effectively becomes 5% with the 100% bonus.

#1585 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Tell that to Top Trumps.
Also, I'm pretty sure the 50%/100% promos is mainly so that they don't REALLY have to give an extra 10% trade in bonus for GCU. It effectively becomes 5% with the 100% bonus.

One or two exceptions to the rule. And the bonus 5% is chump change compared to the psychological effect of seeing 100% extra credit.

#1586 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Getting $38 for Bioshock Infinite seems fair to me. They can't go higher than that, because of the awesome preorder deal they do where you get the $20 bby credit.

So ask yourself, would you rather get around $42-45 for trade in and have them get rid of the preorder promotion that many people love, or can you be happy getting the game for essentially $40 and trading it in for $38.
tl

#1587 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Preorder at BB then trade in at Gamestop.

#1588 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

with a $25 base and a 30% bonus? best buy will still be better. the only time gamestop would be better for new games is when they have a 50% bonus, which is rare

#1589 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

with a $25 base and a 30% bonus? best buy will still be better. the only time gamestop would be better for new games is when they have a 50% bonus, which is rare

It's going on right now.

#1590 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Thinking about trading in my copy of Scribblenauts Unlimited for the Wii U at $26 after the 100% bonus.

I've tried to straight-up sell it on Amazon and eBay for something like a month now (listed it for $34.99) with no luck, and even if I do sell it, I figure after either site takes their cut I would probably end up around $26 after all.

I only paid around $42 because of the TRU "Buy 1, Get 1 40% off" deal around the Wii U's launch, so getting a bit over half of that back doesn't seem too bad.

Hmm. I'll think it over.

oIi9lub.png