Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

• Please log in to reply
4442 replies to this topic

#1591 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

It's going on right now.

The 50% bonus is only for used products.

#1592 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

they banned me at the right time. besides new releases, top trumps and uncharted 2 goty there arent any real trade ins to do at bestbuy anymore :(
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#1593 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

The 50% bonus is only for used products.

Buy a 2 cent PS2 game or a $1 copy of any number of games.

#1594 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

they banned me at the right time. besides new releases, top trumps and uncharted 2 goty there arent any real trade ins to do at bestbuy anymore :(

Oh damn! When did they get you?

#1595 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Oh damn! When did they get you?

a little more than a week ago corprate nuked me. i found out while doing more uncharted 2' and top trumps. heres the convo

rep: ok sir your total fir the trade in is ... whaaa ?
me: what is it bro ? :)
rep: ive .. never seen this before, this is strange
me: thinking (crap they got me)
rep hey guys what goin on here ? (manager and other employees huddle around and discuss it)
me: i knew this would happen someday, those bastards (with a grin i explain what happened)
reps: oooooooooh

lmao. thanks for the memories bestbuy trade in program
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#1596 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

a little more than a week ago corprate nuked me. i found out while doing more uncharted 2' and top trumps. heres the convo

rep hey guys what goin on here ? (manager and other employees huddle around and discuss it)
me: i knew this would happen someday, those bastards (with a grin i explain what happened)

What was the most number of copies you traded with the same title? Did you trade multiple same copies in one transaction?

#1597 rsxnova

rsxnova

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

They must have finally caught on to top trumps. .25 cent tiv

#1598 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

They must have finally caught on to top trumps. .25 cent tiv

2 weeks in a row it dropped to .25 cents on Wednesday but by Thursday or Friday it was back at $12 base so just wait and see if this is a true nuke or not.

#1599 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

I know like a couple of weeks ago, it was a "Featured Trade In" on the website haha.

#1600 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

should of acted stupid, maybe you could of pull one last trade off at bestbuy. lol

#1601 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

should of acted stupid, maybe you could of pull one last trade off at bestbuy. lol

IIRC, there is no override option in the new trade-in system.

#1602 mabuhay13

mabuhay13

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

a little more than a week ago corprate nuked me.

:applause: It's alright. You'll survive... Cockroaches are resilient insects.

#1603 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Traded in two games yesterday for $58. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (PS3) and Metal gear Rising: Revengeance (360), got $34 and $24 for each respectively.

Shame MGR's value dropped so fast. Didn't even get a chance to play it, but had to get something out of it now, being such a short game, its value will drop fast. I'll just rent it from gamefly to play/finish it in a weekend.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#1604 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Got 74 total for Black Ops 2 and Bioshock Infinite. Not bad considering the preorder bonus for Bioshock, only paid like 3 bucks to beat it. Don't remember if there was a bonus for Black Ops 2.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#1605 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Got 74 total for Black Ops 2 and Bioshock Infinite. Not bad considering the preorder bonus for Bioshock, only paid like 3 bucks to beat it. Don't remember if there was a bonus for Black Ops 2.

There was for BLOPS2. Remember all of the hubub re: whether it was on the official list or not? It was noted in the RZ page but apparently not on the general BB page which caused all kinds of confusion and thread clutter.

#1606 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

There was for BLOPS2. Remember all of the hubub re: whether it was on the official list or not? It was noted in the RZ page but apparently not on the general BB page which caused all kinds of confusion and thread clutter.

I guess I made out really good then I only lostout a few bucks for both lol

#1607 Wint3rSoldier

Wint3rSoldier

Put it in ur Mouf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

traded Gears of war judgement in for $37.50

guy at the register told me the 100% bonus credit is expiring this weekend

IamMedellin.pngcard.png

#1608 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

some TIV drouped

#1609 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

traded Gears of war judgement in for $37.50

guy at the register told me the 100% bonus credit is expiring this weekend

Can anyone else confirm or not if the 100% bonus credit is expiring this weekend???????
I have a game I am finishing up and would like a couple more days but I would hate to loose the 100%.
Thanks

#1610 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

some TIV drouped

best buy has made this a commin practice every week it seems
Currently playing

690739.png

#1611 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

Can anyone else confirm or not if the 100% bonus credit is expiring this weekend???????
I have a game I am finishing up and would like a couple more days but I would hate to loose the 100%.
Thanks

MidnightMetal posted the ad for next week (4/7-4/13), and it doesn't mention the 100% bonus at all like it has the past few weeks, so it's safe to say that today (Saturday) is the last day it's active.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1612 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

505 bonus this week. Sure hope they adjust the values of new games up a bit, but this programs best days are clearly numbered. :-(

#1613 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

50% Bonus is often better than 100% bonus anyway.

#1614 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

50% Bonus is often better than 100% bonus anyway.

Only for the newer releases not the mid to low end titles. Hopefully the TIVs change to reflect this promo.

#1615 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

Lol at not adjusting TIVs again. GG BBY

505 bonus this week. Sure hope they adjust the values of new games up a bit, but this programs best days are clearly numbered. :-(

Take this with a bunch of salt, but I read on another forum from a supposed BBY employee that in June, they're downsizing the gaming department again.

#1616 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

Take this with a bunch of salt, but I read on another forum from a supposed BBY employee that in June, they're downsizing the gaming department again.

Just in time for The Last of Us, the last game I have preordered at BBY and ever will preorder there?

...That can't be a coincidence. :wall:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1617 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

Lol at not adjusting TIVs again. GG BBY

could this mean we are getting another mega clearance sale ? i hope so :D
Currently playing

690739.png

#1618 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

Just in time for The Last of Us, the last game I have preordered at BBY and ever will preorder there?

...That can't be a coincidence. :wall:

i still prefer bb trade in program, i just hope it does not mean they are removing the trade in program for video games down the line, because that is where this is heading with all the downsizing in their gaming department.

#1619 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

could this mean we are getting another mega clearance sale ? i hope so :D

well, more clearance sale is just further indicating their eventual exit like circuit city. ENjoy this while it lasts

#1620 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

well, more clearance sale is just further indicating their eventual exit like circuit city. ENjoy this while it lasts

omg dont say that !!! well mabye they just want to clear out really old stock like those 19.99$ gh/ph games and whatnot. if it was the more recent stuff then i would be worried
Currently playing

690739.png