Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

• Please log in to reply
4442 replies to this topic

#1681 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

So the 50% bonus is still going on, right? Just want to make sure as this week's ad didn't mention it.

#1682 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

Will they not take Dance Central 3 (360)? It doesn't come up in a value search by name or by upc.
Read back through the thread; seems like it not being searchable has been an issue for weeks, then somebody found the TIV was $3. *sigh*
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#1683 bige562

bige562

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

Yup, multiple copies did it, I stopped for a while, I mostly did it back in the day when you could trade shitloads of Wii games with the B2G1 from GS, before they nuked the TIV's. Started doing it again when i noticed I could buy Uncharted 2 GOTY at GS for 10 and trade it in to BB for some $$$ lol

Were you trading in multiple copies of the same game at the same time? I'm asking because I did the same thing with those Wii games and Uncharted 2 but I never traded in more than 1 copy of the same game at a time.

#1684 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

Also, this is my first BB preorder, do I need to go to the same BB to pick it up that I preordered at?

Yes, you do.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ (:applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1685 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

Yup, multiple copies did it, I stopped for a while, I mostly did it back in the day when you could trade shitloads of Wii games with the B2G1 from GS, before they nuked the TIV's. Started doing it again when i noticed I could buy Uncharted 2 GOTY at GS for 10 and trade it in to BB for some $$$ lol

You mean you traded in more than 3 of the same game within a year right?

Were you trading in multiple copies of the same game at the same time? I'm asking because I did the same thing with those Wii games and Uncharted 2 but I never traded in more than 1 copy of the same game at a time.

I've traded in 3 copies of the same game at the same time several times. I just tell them I run video game tournaments (which is true).

#1686 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

DEbating on trading in Bioshock Infinite now or wait to see if 100% comes back. Not sure what the Season Pass will give me if I keep it.

#1687 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

DEbating on trading in Bioshock Infinite now or wait to see if 100% comes back. Not sure what the Season Pass will give me if I keep it.

I'm keeping mine to replay bioshock 1

#1688 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

Anybody trade in Motionsports recently? Website says $16 but I went to the store and they told me $3 even for the version without the colon.

#1689 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

Ugh when did BBY drop their values again?

#1690 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

no point in waiting as they will ajust the tiv so you will get the same with the 100% as you would get with the 50% right now lol
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#1691 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

So whats the best way to turn some gamestop credit into some BB credit, I need to pay off my copy of injustice......

Depending on the values/games in stock I've recently re-upped my PUR to get the b2g1 coupons then used the right sets of games to basically go no less than dollar for dollar but the 100% was in effect & aliens, DMC, Crysis 3 & one other title where all on sale for $35 used.

So the 50% bonus is still going on, right? Just want to make sure as this week's ad didn't mention it.

ends 5/4

Yes, you do.

Nope, I've pre-ordered & purchased the games in different stores/states never had a problem getting the $20 bonuses. They would even post in 2 weeks from the p/u. I paid the for $60 when I p/u the game though & just waited for the $20 to post before getting a refund or moving the $5 to another title.
As long as you meet the basics your fine pre-order/pickup the title by the deadlines.

#1692 Cinderellaman108

Cinderellaman108

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

Two Questions:
1. Does BB take in trades without the covers, in other words disc only, without any penalties?
2. If I was to pre order a game before my Membership is up, will i still get the $20 credit after my membership expires?

#1693 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

Two Questions:
1. Does BB take in trades without the covers, in other words disc only, without any penalties?
2. If I was to pre order a game before my Membership is up, will i still get the $20 credit after my membership expires?

Should be yes to both.

#1694 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

Two Questions:

1. No penalty and if they argue about it just pull a used game missing the cover off the shelf as an example.
2. No you have to be an unlocked member at time of pick up.

#1695 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:08 AM

Yes
You must still be GCU when you pickup the preorder (must be within 7 days of release)

#1696 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

So the website trade in section does not list a 50% TIV bonus. Anyone know if it is still ongoing?

I see the weekly add lists it though so I guess it is fine.

#1697 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

So the website trade in section does not list a 50% TIV bonus. Anyone know if it is still ongoing?

I see the weekly add lists it though so I guess it is fine.

According to the weekly ad, yes, the 50% bonus is still active (look immediately to the right): https://deals.bestbu.../#!/video games

EDIT: Whoop, I see you answered your own question. :oops:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ (:applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1698 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

According to the weekly ad, yes, the 50% bonus is still active (look immediately to the right): https://deals.bestbu.../#!/video games

EDIT: Whoop, I see you answered your own question. :oops:

Thanks for taking the time though. I asked, then looked, then answered. I will change the order next time. :D

#1699 jooksingjie

jooksingjie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

bioshock ultimate rapture edition for 360 showing up as 22.00 on main page. o_O

#1700 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

bioshock ultimate rapture edition for 360 showing up as 22.00 on main page. o_O

If you actually click through, it's the value for Bioshock Infinite. Haha that's a funny typo.

#1701 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

the $5 "if it turns on" trade thing is back for this week.

#1702 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

the $5 "if it turns on" trade thing is back for this week.

So is that really any electronic device that turns on? Probably have some old cheap MP3 players laying around

#1703 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

So is that really any electronic device that turns on? Probably have some old cheap MP3 players laying around

its right below the free shipping and price match banners on the BB homepage

basically any device in a category that they accept

#1704 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

Well the Bioshock: Ultimate Rapture Edition is showing up in the separate little corner box of http://www.bestbuy.c...17093&type=page (Trade online get $20) but when clicked it goes to a search looking for it but cant find it. Have a copy I picked up on the $20 sale and if I traded it in store I'd get 32$ after 50% and 10%, but If they took it outa the system completely...

#1705 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

Well injustice is $22 for Xbox/ps3. Should have got it earlier in the week to test it out, probably will pick it up now any way.

#1706 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Well injustice is $22 for Xbox/ps3. Should have got it earlier in the week to test it out, probably will pick it up now any way.

If the 100% returns I'd guess the base would drop to $15 or $16 so not that bad really.

#1707 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Can u still get the Visa card with the in store credit?
Posted Image

#1708 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Can u still get the Visa card with the in store credit?

RZ certs nope glitch has been fixed for sometime now not sure if it can be put towards a pitch in card though, BB GC yep

50% bonus extended till 6/1 per in-store signage

#1709 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

RZ certs nope glitch has been fixed for sometime now not sure if it can be put towards a pitch in card though, BB GC yep

50% bonus extended till 6/1 per in-store signage

Wtf did i just read?... And i think buyin a visa gc still works with in store credit just not rz certificate

#1710 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Well the Bioshock: Ultimate Rapture Edition is showing up in the separate little corner box of http://www.bestbuy.c...17093&type=page (Trade online get $20) but when clicked it goes to a search looking for it but cant find it. Have a copy I picked up on the $20 sale and if I traded it in store I'd get 32$ after 50% and 10%, but If they took it outa the system completely...

It trades for that much in store? Damn, might have to trade my copy in.