$25 Reward Zone Certificate when sign up for RZ Credit Card

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

This offer is only for new applicants/card holders that sign up between now and 02/02/13, and then make a purchase within your first 30 days.

Get a $25 Bonus Reward Certificate
Increase your reward opportunities with the Reward Zone® Credit Card and get a $25 bonus reward certificate.

Offer expires: 02/12/13

For a limited time, sign up for a new Reward Zone® Credit Card and get a $25 bonus reward certificate when you are approved and make a purchase on the card within 30 days.

Apply Today

Offer page and fine print can be found here: https://myrewardzone...900a76f800ac57a

#2 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

The MasterCard is junk, make sure to only accept if your offered the store card.

#3 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

The MasterCard is junk, make sure to only accept if your offered the store card.

Why do you say that?

#4 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

I love my Reward Zone Master Card. Pay all my bills on it then pay it off every month. Recently it has gone to getting the in store financing specials as well. No reason to get the regular card anymore imo.
631261.png

#5 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

I'm intrigued by this. Any experience with the card?

#6 iiiweaponiii

iiiweaponiii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

I love my Reward Zone Master Card. Pay all my bills on it then pay it off every month. Recently it has gone to getting the in store financing specials as well. No reason to get the regular card anymore imo.

dont you get charged annually just for owning one?

145117.png
76561197983551192.png

#7 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

Card is owned by Capital One now, so I'd pass.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#8 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

dont you get charged annually just for owning one?

No. There are two versions. The Platinum, and the Gold. The Platinum is the no annual fee one, and you are automatically checked to see if you qualify for it when you do an application. If you are approved for that, you get the Platinum Master Card, if you are denied, that application also checks to see if you are eligible for the in store card, and you get approved or denied for that one on the same app. If you are denied both, then you can at your option try for the $59 a year annual fee one on a seperate app, and that one requires a manager override to try for, due to the fact they don't want to sign anyone up for a card with an annual fee without being sure they have been told about it first...and now that I think of it no one has called me over to do an override in a few months...so that option might not even exist anymore.
631261.png

#9 Mostly Human

Mostly Human

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

Do you get a free tshirt too when you sign up?

#10 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

Maybe I overlooked, but I didn't see anything on a minimum you need to spend. So I could buy like a bottle of pop for $2 and get a $25 rewardszone certificate?

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#11 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Maybe I overlooked, but I didn't see anything on a minimum you need to spend. So I could buy like a bottle of pop for $2 and get a $25 rewardszone certificate?

Why would you want to sign up for a credit card just to get $25 in credit regardless if you could just buy a bottle of pop.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#12 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

*This Just In*

Credit card companies offering minimal bonuses for signing up in an attempt to wrangle simple people into crushing debt.

Why not just go to a college campus and sign up there? That way you'll get both a free pizza coupon AND a t-shirt.

#13 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

I don't sign up for credit cards unless the signup bonus is worth $500 - $1000.

#14 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

The mastercard is more or less a re-builder card, they will pretty much hand it out to anyone. If your trying to rebuild your credit it might be a good option for you. You will rarely if ever get a credit limit increase from capital one.

Chase freedom and sapphire have much better bonus offers for people with established credit

Edited by parkerwilson, 08 October 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#15 coolflea216

coolflea216

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

$25 is not a great incentive to open a credit card account. There are much better offers out there. Here is one quick example without looking very hard, so there are probably even better ones out there.

http://www.nflextrap...fl-credit-card/

10,000 BONUS POINTS after first use worth $100 in CASH BACK statement credits
Posted Image

#16 Avaya

Avaya

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

i will do this this is a good deal

#17 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

i will do this this is a good deal

I do not like them,
Sam-I-am.
I do not like green
eggs and ham!

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#18 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

*This Just In*

Credit card companies offering minimal bonuses for signing up in an attempt to wrangle simple people into crushing debt.

Why not just go to a college campus and sign up there? That way you'll get both a free pizza coupon AND a t-shirt.

Spoken from someone who has no idea how credit cards work.

#19 Jeremoog

Jeremoog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Unless it's the in store card. I signed up for both last year and got charged the $50 annual fee for the Mastercard. I called up to cancel (there are better options that don't charge the annaul fee) and they agreed to wave the charge so I could try it out for a year. Not listening to my better judgement I agreed but I didn't end up using it all year. So I called up before the expiration this year to cancel again and they supposedly did. Low and behold I get a statement a month later saying that I owe them the annual fee with interest, so I call them up again and supposedly get it fixed. A month later I get another statement saying I have a late fee, I now owe them almost $100 and interest is building. This happened three times so far.

The worse part is I have had pretty good credit and this just knocked me down almost 100 points on my credit scores. Capital One is Garbage.

#20 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

Read the fine print before throwing your money away.

https://www.esnapw.c...=Redesign_Terms

17.99% APR. You'd have to be retarded, or have horrible credit to get a card with such an insane percentage rate.

16Z462z.jpg

#21 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

Spoken from someone who has no idea how credit cards work.

I have 3 credit cards, all of which are paid off accordingly.

My comment was in respect to these 'quicky' schemes that are often seen on College campuses and retail stores.

If you think signing up for a credit card for the benefit of $25 in BB Reward Zone bucks is worth it...you must have no idea how credit cards work. :cold:

#22 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

I agree with those who said there are better offers out there such as the Chase cards but it comes down to your decision.

#23 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

So with this card you get 1 RZ point per dollar spent anywhere, or 2 RZ points on Best Buy purchases. Does that stack with Best Buy RZ membership? I would think so. I already get 2x points + 25% bonus (RZ Silver member).
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#24 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

This is my favorite credit card. I get best buy gift cards every month. I have a chase freedom, Costco Amex and discover cash back cards and I pretty much only use my BB MC.

#25 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

So with this card you get 1 RZ point per dollar spent anywhere, or 2 RZ points on Best Buy purchases. Does that stack with Best Buy RZ membership? I would think so. I already get 2x points + 25% bonus (RZ Silver member).

It stacks, but you don't get double the double. For example if you get a $60 game you'd get:

60 base points
60 gamers club points
60 MasterCard bonus points
15 RZ silver points

So 195 total points.

#26 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

All cards suck compared to Citi Forward card (card has been around for years)

5x points on restaurants, books, movies, music, 1x everything else (Amazon is counted as books - they sold books when they 1st started)
http://www.fatwallet...finance/908171/

5% return when getting gift cards.
BB giftcards are $100 for 10k points (spend 2k dollars),
25 GC for 2.5k points,
50 for 5k points.
sometime specials knock that down.
Combined with GCU (anyone can join) + (flipping + silver) these 2 will take the average CAG'er sometime) = free games from time to time.

This card is only 2% return (250 points:250 bucks for 5 GC), more if you shop BB but who uses CC when you can pay with GC's and rz points, lol.

Maybe get this card to pay for everything else and BB categories.

#27 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

It stacks, but you don't get double the double. For example if you get a $60 game you'd get:

60 base points
60 gamers club points
60 MasterCard bonus points
15 RZ silver points

So 195 total points.

Works for me. I signed up. I'll look into that Citi Forward card too sometime. I need to close a card or two before I open anymore though. Before I do that, I want to decide which cards to keep and get them to up my credit limits to keep the ratio the same.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#28 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Read the fine print before throwing your money away.

https://www.esnapw.c...=Redesign_Terms

17.99% APR. You'd have to be retarded, or have horrible credit to get a card with such an insane percentage rate.

If you are paying interest on your credit cards to where APR matters at all, you are doing it wrong.

#29 halokilla91

halokilla91

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

I have had this mastercard for about 4 years now and I have had zero problems. I use it to pay almost all my bills and pay it off before the end of billing cycle so there is no interest charged. Another thing to note about this card is, every dollar you spend on it goes toward becoming RZ silver. So you can actually spend "zero" dollars at BestBuy and become RZ silver. As long as you spend $1500 in a calendar year on the mastercard.

If you cannot pay it off before you incur interest and always keep a remaining balance, then this is not a good card for you! You will not get enough RZ certs to offset the incurred interest. There are much better cards out there with lower interest rates.

Just make sure you read the terms and conditions and make sure they work for you! That goes for any credit card!
Posted Image

#30 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Anyone know if this Best Buy card has a virtual/temporary number system? I don't feel like digging for that info.

I might get a Citi Forward card at some point since that one appears to have one.
FadeToOne.png