$25 Reward Zone Certificate when sign up for RZ Credit Card

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
This offer is only for new applicants/card holders that sign up between now and 02/02/13, and then make a purchase within your first 30 days.

Get a $25 Bonus Reward Certificate
Increase your reward opportunities with the Reward Zone® Credit Card and get a $25 bonus reward certificate.

Offer expires: 02/12/13

For a limited time, sign up for a new Reward Zone® Credit Card and get a $25 bonus reward certificate when you are approved and make a purchase on the card within 30 days.

Apply Today

Offer page and fine print can be found here: https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800ac57a

[quote name='parkerwilson']The MasterCard is junk, make sure to only accept if your offered the store card.[/QUOTE]

I love my Reward Zone Master Card. Pay all my bills on it then pay it off every month. Recently it has gone to getting the in store financing specials as well. No reason to get the regular card anymore imo.

[quote name='SierraNight']I love my Reward Zone Master Card. Pay all my bills on it then pay it off every month. Recently it has gone to getting the in store financing specials as well. No reason to get the regular card anymore imo.[/QUOTE]
dont you get charged annually just for owning one?

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']dont you get charged annually just for owning one?[/QUOTE]

No. There are two versions. The Platinum, and the Gold. The Platinum is the no annual fee one, and you are automatically checked to see if you qualify for it when you do an application. If you are approved for that, you get the Platinum Master Card, if you are denied, that application also checks to see if you are eligible for the in store card, and you get approved or denied for that one on the same app. If you are denied both, then you can at your option try for the $59 a year annual fee one on a seperate app, and that one requires a manager override to try for, due to the fact they don't want to sign anyone up for a card with an annual fee without being sure they have been told about it first...and now that I think of it no one has called me over to do an override in a few months...so that option might not even exist anymore.

Maybe I overlooked, but I didn't see anything on a minimum you need to spend. So I could buy like a bottle of pop for $2 and get a $25 rewardszone certificate?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Maybe I overlooked, but I didn't see anything on a minimum you need to spend. So I could buy like a bottle of pop for $2 and get a $25 rewardszone certificate?[/QUOTE]

Why would you want to sign up for a credit card just to get $25 in credit regardless if you could just buy a bottle of pop.

*This Just In*

Credit card companies offering minimal bonuses for signing up in an attempt to wrangle simple people into crushing debt.

Why not just go to a college campus and sign up there? That way you'll get both a free pizza coupon AND a t-shirt.

The mastercard is more or less a re-builder card, they will pretty much hand it out to anyone. If your trying to rebuild your credit it might be a good option for you. You will rarely if ever get a credit limit increase from capital one.

Chase freedom and sapphire have much better bonus offers for people with established credit

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Avaya']i will do this this is a good deal[/QUOTE]

I do not like them,
Sam-I-am.
I do not like green
eggs and ham!

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']*This Just In*

Credit card companies offering minimal bonuses for signing up in an attempt to wrangle simple people into crushing debt.

Why not just go to a college campus and sign up there? That way you'll get both a free pizza coupon AND a t-shirt.[/QUOTE]

Spoken from someone who has no idea how credit cards work.

Unless it's the in store card. I signed up for both last year and got charged the $50 annual fee for the Mastercard. I called up to cancel (there are better options that don't charge the annaul fee) and they agreed to wave the charge so I could try it out for a year. Not listening to my better judgement I agreed but I didn't end up using it all year. So I called up before the expiration this year to cancel again and they supposedly did. Low and behold I get a statement a month later saying that I owe them the annual fee with interest, so I call them up again and supposedly get it fixed. A month later I get another statement saying I have a late fee, I now owe them almost $100 and interest is building. This happened three times so far.

The worse part is I have had pretty good credit and this just knocked me down almost 100 points on my credit scores. Capital One is Garbage.

[quote name='limelight022']Spoken from someone who has no idea how credit cards work.[/QUOTE]

I have 3 credit cards, all of which are paid off accordingly.

My comment was in respect to these 'quicky' schemes that are often seen on College campuses and retail stores.

If you think signing up for a credit card for the benefit of $25 in BB Reward Zone bucks is worth it...you must have no idea how credit cards work. :cold:

So with this card you get 1 RZ point per dollar spent anywhere, or 2 RZ points on Best Buy purchases. Does that stack with Best Buy RZ membership? I would think so. I already get 2x points + 25% bonus (RZ Silver member).

This is my favorite credit card. I get best buy gift cards every month. I have a chase freedom, Costco Amex and discover cash back cards and I pretty much only use my BB MC.

[quote name='pwnthee']So with this card you get 1 RZ point per dollar spent anywhere, or 2 RZ points on Best Buy purchases. Does that stack with Best Buy RZ membership? I would think so. I already get 2x points + 25% bonus (RZ Silver member).[/QUOTE]

It stacks, but you don't get double the double. For example if you get a $60 game you'd get:

60 base points
60 gamers club points
60 MasterCard bonus points
15 RZ silver points

So 195 total points.

All cards suck compared to Citi Forward card (card has been around for years)

5x points on restaurants, books, movies, music, 1x everything else (Amazon is counted as books - they sold books when they 1st started)
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/908171/

5% return when getting gift cards.
BB giftcards are $100 for 10k points (spend 2k dollars),
25 GC for 2.5k points,
50 for 5k points.
sometime specials knock that down.
Combined with GCU (anyone can join) + (flipping + silver) these 2 will take the average CAG'er sometime) = free games from time to time.

This card is only 2% return (250 points:250 bucks for 5 GC), more if you shop BB but who uses CC when you can pay with GC's and rz points, lol.

Maybe get this card to pay for everything else and BB categories.

[quote name='Kyden139']It stacks, but you don't get double the double. For example if you get a $60 game you'd get:

60 base points
60 gamers club points
60 MasterCard bonus points
15 RZ silver points

So 195 total points.[/QUOTE]

Works for me. I signed up. I'll look into that Citi Forward card too sometime. I need to close a card or two before I open anymore though. Before I do that, I want to decide which cards to keep and get them to up my credit limits to keep the ratio the same.

I have had this mastercard for about 4 years now and I have had zero problems. I use it to pay almost all my bills and pay it off before the end of billing cycle so there is no interest charged. Another thing to note about this card is, every dollar you spend on it goes toward becoming RZ silver. So you can actually spend "zero" dollars at BestBuy and become RZ silver. As long as you spend $1500 in a calendar year on the mastercard.

If you cannot pay it off before you incur interest and always keep a remaining balance, then this is not a good card for you! You will not get enough RZ certs to offset the incurred interest. There are much better cards out there with lower interest rates.

Just make sure you read the terms and conditions and make sure they work for you! That goes for any credit card!

Anyone know if this Best Buy card has a virtual/temporary number system? I don't feel like digging for that info.

I might get a Citi Forward card at some point since that one appears to have one.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Why not just go to a college campus and sign up there? That way you'll get both a free pizza coupon AND a t-shirt.[/QUOTE]

I know you were being facetious, but Obama put a stop to that practice.

I love my reward zone MasterCard! I've had it for years and always pay off my balance in full. Makes it so easy to earn premier silver and since I put all my spending on it I make about $20 a month in certificates.

I know in the past when you applied for the MasterCard you had to get a new Reward Zone account despite asking for your existing number on the application. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Terrible card. I got $200 from Discover and $250 from AMEX when I opened my cards with them after spending the required amounts (which I would spend anyway). $25 for a crappy card and opening a new TL is not worth it. In fact, I'd rather get $0 to get an AMEX, Discover, or Chase Freedom rather than get this card.

I work at Best buy and my GM is always bragging about "branded payments". Like they're like the biggest deal. It doesn't matter how good of a sales associate you are and how well you sell, if you get them to sign up for a best buy credit card your doing your job right. He litterally wants us to just approach people and ask them to sign up.

So yeah, I signed up for this card earlier in the month to get a TV. How long till I should see the 25? Should I call customer service after 30 days on the purchase to see whats up?

[quote name='phoenixlau']If you are paying interest on your credit cards to where APR matters at all, you are doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thegame85']I love my reward zone MasterCard! I've had it for years and always pay off my balance in full. Makes it so easy to earn premier silver and since I put all my spending on it I make about $20 a month in certificates.[/QUOTE]

This and this. I just rechecked my latest statement to confirm that both total fees and total interest charged for all of 2012 was $0.00 on my Rewardzone MasterCard. I also get around $250 a year in RZ certs to blow here and there. So, probably a grand since I've had the card, and for doing nothing more than using it (and paying it off) in place of using my debit card.
I've used my rewardzone bucks to purchase some of my consoles for free.

I'm not saying that this card is better than alternatives -- I'm not happy about the recent change to Capital One, myself -- just that any CC is bad for those who are terrible with money or are using the card to purchase things they cannot otherwise afford.

But yes, $25 should not be the motivator that gets you to sign up to the commitment/responsibility that comes with a credit card.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']This and this. I just rechecked my latest statement to confirm that both total fees and total interest charged for all of 2012 was $0.00 on my Rewardzone MasterCard. I also get around $250 a year in RZ certs to blow here and there. So, probably a grand since I've had the card, and for doing nothing more than using it (and paying it off) in place of using my debit card.
I've used my rewardzone bucks to purchase some of my consoles for free.

I'm not saying that this card is better than alternatives -- I'm not happy about the recent change to Capital One, myself -- just that any CC is bad for those who are terrible with money or are using the card to purchase things they cannot otherwise afford.

But yes, $25 should not be the motivator that gets you to sign up to the commitment/responsibility that comes with a credit card.[/QUOTE]

Capital One seems to be buying everyone now. They also got ING.

[quote name='rnocerino']Annual fee is the catch...no thanks. Not really a deal.[/QUOTE]
I've called every year to cancel my card and they waive the fee every time.

:)

big necro but damn, ive waited close to 8 weeks now and still have not been given this. I just called and was transferred 4 times till i got a rep that said they would "escalate it" and get back to be in 7-14 days.

I do not agree with the premise that they "try" to get you the MC first then the store brand. I was offered nothing, would have preferred the MC and got the store card. I initially did it for the free financing on a purchase and I have stellar credit. Going to have to see how to get that swapped or look into getting the MC because there is no way I am spending that much more at BB to get to silver status again but can easily do that on the MC. That's the reason I want it and for nothing else since I pay it off every month - excluding the free financing part.

I got my card when they were with HSBC, so I think I'm grandfathered in to no annual fee.

The card is useless to me though, I personally just want to cancel all the credit cards I have and just have one that earns me points on something useful.

[quote name='jeremymeyer2004']Unless it's the in store card. I signed up for both last year and got charged the $50 annual fee for the Mastercard. I called up to cancel (there are better options that don't charge the annaul fee) and they agreed to wave the charge so I could try it out for a year. Not listening to my better judgement I agreed but I didn't end up using it all year. So I called up before the expiration this year to cancel again and they supposedly did. Low and behold I get a statement a month later saying that I owe them the annual fee with interest, so I call them up again and supposedly get it fixed. A month later I get another statement saying I have a late fee, I now owe them almost $100 and interest is building. This happened three times so far.

The worse part is I have had pretty good credit and this just knocked me down almost 100 points on my credit scores. Capital One is Garbage.[/QUOTE]
last year was the hsbc handled both, they are horrible

bread's done
Back