$25 Reward Zone Certificate when sign up for RZ Credit Card

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Why not just go to a college campus and sign up there? That way you'll get both a free pizza coupon AND a t-shirt.

I know you were being facetious, but Obama put a stop to that practice.

#32 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

I love my reward zone MasterCard! I've had it for years and always pay off my balance in full. Makes it so easy to earn premier silver and since I put all my spending on it I make about $20 a month in certificates.

#33 ecwfan

ecwfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

I know in the past when you applied for the MasterCard you had to get a new Reward Zone account despite asking for your existing number on the application. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

#34 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Signed up in Late November, made a purchase in Early December, still waiting for my $25 certificate to post.

oIi9lub.png

#35 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Terrible card. I got $200 from Discover and $250 from AMEX when I opened my cards with them after spending the required amounts (which I would spend anyway). $25 for a crappy card and opening a new TL is not worth it. In fact, I'd rather get $0 to get an AMEX, Discover, or Chase Freedom rather than get this card.

#36 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Read the fine print before throwing your money away.

https://www.esnapw.c...=Redesign_Terms

17.99% APR. You'd have to be retarded, or have horrible credit to get a card with such an insane percentage rate.

Or you could pay your card off in time like an intelligent person and not have to deal with interest rates at all.

oIi9lub.png

#37 thereefernander

thereefernander

CAG Best Buy Employee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

I work at Best buy and my GM is always bragging about "branded payments". Like they're like the biggest deal. It doesn't matter how good of a sales associate you are and how well you sell, if you get them to sign up for a best buy credit card your doing your job right. He litterally wants us to just approach people and ask them to sign up.

#38 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

So yeah, I signed up for this card earlier in the month to get a TV. How long till I should see the 25? Should I call customer service after 30 days on the purchase to see whats up?

#39 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

If you are paying interest on your credit cards to where APR matters at all, you are doing it wrong.

I love my reward zone MasterCard! I've had it for years and always pay off my balance in full. Makes it so easy to earn premier silver and since I put all my spending on it I make about $20 a month in certificates.

This and this. I just rechecked my latest statement to confirm that both total fees and total interest charged for all of 2012 was $0.00 on my Rewardzone MasterCard. I also get around $250 a year in RZ certs to blow here and there. So, probably a grand since I've had the card, and for doing nothing more than using it (and paying it off) in place of using my debit card.
I've used my rewardzone bucks to purchase some of my consoles for free.

I'm not saying that this card is better than alternatives -- I'm not happy about the recent change to Capital One, myself -- just that any CC is bad for those who are terrible with money or are using the card to purchase things they cannot otherwise afford.

But yes, $25 should not be the motivator that gets you to sign up to the commitment/responsibility that comes with a credit card.
Posted Image

#40 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

I do not like them,
Sam-I-am.
I do not like green
eggs and ham!

:rofl:

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#41 jello44

jello44

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

This and this. I just rechecked my latest statement to confirm that both total fees and total interest charged for all of 2012 was $0.00 on my Rewardzone MasterCard. I also get around $250 a year in RZ certs to blow here and there. So, probably a grand since I've had the card, and for doing nothing more than using it (and paying it off) in place of using my debit card.
I've used my rewardzone bucks to purchase some of my consoles for free.

I'm not saying that this card is better than alternatives -- I'm not happy about the recent change to Capital One, myself -- just that any CC is bad for those who are terrible with money or are using the card to purchase things they cannot otherwise afford.

But yes, $25 should not be the motivator that gets you to sign up to the commitment/responsibility that comes with a credit card.

Capital One seems to be buying everyone now. They also got ING.

#42 wolverinevsx23

wolverinevsx23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

Annual fee is the catch...no thanks. Not really a deal.

#43 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

Annual fee is the catch...no thanks. Not really a deal.

I've called every year to cancel my card and they waive the fee every time.

:)

#44 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

big necro but damn, ive waited close to 8 weeks now and still have not been given this. I just called and was transferred 4 times till i got a rep that said they would "escalate it" and get back to be in 7-14 days.

#45 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

it would be better to get a good cash back credit card tbh i wouldn't sign up for this.

#46 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

I do not agree with the premise that they "try" to get you the MC first then the store brand. I was offered nothing, would have preferred the MC and got the store card. I initially did it for the free financing on a purchase and I have stellar credit. Going to have to see how to get that swapped or look into getting the MC because there is no way I am spending that much more at BB to get to silver status again but can easily do that on the MC. That's the reason I want it and for nothing else since I pay it off every month - excluding the free financing part.

#47 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

I got my card when they were with HSBC, so I think I'm grandfathered in to no annual fee.

The card is useless to me though, I personally just want to cancel all the credit cards I have and just have one that earns me points on something useful.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#48 orion1998_1

orion1998_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Unless it's the in store card. I signed up for both last year and got charged the $50 annual fee for the Mastercard. I called up to cancel (there are better options that don't charge the annaul fee) and they agreed to wave the charge so I could try it out for a year. Not listening to my better judgement I agreed but I didn't end up using it all year. So I called up before the expiration this year to cancel again and they supposedly did. Low and behold I get a statement a month later saying that I owe them the annual fee with interest, so I call them up again and supposedly get it fixed. A month later I get another statement saying I have a late fee, I now owe them almost $100 and interest is building. This happened three times so far.

The worse part is I have had pretty good credit and this just knocked me down almost 100 points on my credit scores. Capital One is Garbage.

last year was the hsbc handled both, they are horrible

#49 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

$25 is a lousy sign up incentive.