Pre order Black ops 2 receive @Gamer special COD editon free

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 crax

crax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

I just went to Best Buy, great experience. I already preordered a hardened edition so I don't really want to cancel that. So I printed out my preorder, went to the store, grabbed a magazine off the shelf (many were around). Took all that to customer service and said something like "magazine is free with black ops preorder, here's my preorder, can you just zero it out or something?" Guy basically said sure and that was it, absolutely no hassle at all.

I am well aware this is probably not the typical experience but let it give you hope. I immediately turned around and bought the PS+ card with the coupon, no problem with that either.

#122 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

This is one reason I still don't like shopping at Best Buy - the associates are so unprofessional, it's like going to shop at a high school.

Yeah if it wasn't for $20 RZ promo they have and their awesome 100% TIV promo that they have occasionally I wouldn't even bother shopping at best buy.

#123 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Argh! I hate those dumbfuck employees (and that includes managers & supervisors) who think that every customer out to get a good deal has found some kind of an ILLEGAL method or a glitch in their system to screw them or something.

Just today, I was trying to price-adjust some FIFA Soccer 13 games that I bought at TRU a couple of weeks ago with a sale that TRU had this week (ending today 10/13) for $50 off every pair. Holy crap... I had to go to like 4 different stores (the 4th store being one at which I didn't even initially buy any of those games at) until I found an employee who understood what I was trying to do, and COOL enough to do the price-adjustment for me. She was a manager as well (or at least had the override code), so she was able to take care of it without any issues.

But my God you should've heard the excuses the idiot unknowledgeable employees and their confused managers were giving me to NOT do the adjustment at the first 3 stores that I visited (and these WERE the actual stores where I had bought the games from)!

It's like TRU corporate recently send them a memo to be "EXTRA-DICKY" to customers trying to get a good deal, or assume that they're all scamming or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if BB corporate did the same for their stores, especially at this time of year.

Lol your tellin me! Sometimes I think GameStop has better CS

#124 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

This doesn't work automatically in stores. We played with it today, it had to be manually deducted. No override needed.

#125 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

I think the deal is officially dead. The @Gamer employees at my store knew nothing about it. They tried scanned and ringing up the transaction, but it came up as full price. They were really nice though. Showed them the twitter post and the guy just pennied out the magazine for me. Told me since twitter isn't 100% official for them they probably wouldn't honor it in the future, but did it for me then.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#126 IceColdKilla44

IceColdKilla44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know that this promotion still works!

I managed to get this done two days ago. I pre-ordered BLOPS II, told the CS rep about the promotion (showed her the FaceBook and Twitter pages on my iPhone) and then when she scanned the pre-order card and THEN the magazine, the mag rang up as free; she didn't need to call a manager or anything.

So...yeah, this still works! Get those coupons while they're still good (don't bother about the $15 off XBL one; it already expired).

#127 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know that this promotion still works!

I managed to get this done two days ago. I pre-ordered BLOPS II, told the CS rep about the promotion (showed her the FaceBook and Twitter pages on my iPhone) and then when she scanned the pre-order card and THEN the magazine, the mag rang up as free; she didn't need to call a manager or anything.

So...yeah, this still works! Get those coupons while they're still good (don't bother about the $15 off XBL one; it already expired).

Also, an update on this, it will work with the blops wii u preorder...