GGT 199 thinks it can review games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
504 replies to this topic

#91 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

I always just dropped the remote bombs and mixed herbs. Never had a problem when I did that.

I still need to play through Chris. So far I've played Leon once and Jake twice.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#92 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

Yeah it got to a point where I just drop green herbs and use remote mines on one enemy just to make room. I haven't started jake yet BL 2 takes all my free time. :(

#93 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

I never used remote mines. Never found a need to.

Never needed to drop herbs though. Maybe I just used them too much.

#94 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

Not going to lie here, ME3 MP is pretty damn fun.

#95 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

I mostly used remote mines on those fat zombie dudes.

Speaking of RE I ''BOUGHT'' that new resident evil CGI movie it was pretty damn good. If you like RE2 you'll like this movie. Loved the end battles.

#96 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Not going to lie here, ME3 MP is pretty damn fun.

Where are you playing this at?

#97 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

Halo ODST is not as good as I remember. It feels like they tweaked the strength of various weapons, enemies, and your health to give the game more a feeling of desperation.

#98 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

that CoD paper scored me a 95%, so now i have some insurance for when i fail this exam

#99 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Where are you playing this at?

You know the answer to this. On dat Origin yo!

Origin ID: theevilchinaman

that CoD paper scored me a 95%, so now i have some insurance for when i fail this exam

Ballin.

#100 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

now that i know how xcom works, i started over and now it seems pretty easy.

fighting mutons without laser weapons was impossible
Every day's great at your Junes!

#101 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

The Japanese seem to have a huge obsession with large breasts, for some reason.

They ain't the only ones, yo

8-)

#102 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

This cover system feels... odd.

Posted Image

#103 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

This cover system feels... odd.

Explain.

#104 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

how much is the $$$$$$ass wii now

grandma gotta eat
Posted Image

where scoob

#105 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

You know the answer to this. On dat Origin yo!

That's disgusting.

#106 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

XCOM and Dishonored are both really good.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#107 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

GL and Joker confirmed.

Posted Image

#108 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Batman is confirmed too!

Can't wait!

#109 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

It's a shame that the two most non-standard $60 games this year had to come out the same day and inadvertently compete against each other. It's hard enough for those type of games to succeed when they are released by themselves. Still, I hope that both games do at least moderately well because I'm getting sick of the $60 game lineup becoming such a dull, homogeneous mess (RE6 being the epitome of that for me).

My Tradelist

#110 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Ebay's new logo is so. . .Mediocre, boring, and shitty. Some fucktard probably got paid to design it too. I need a career like that.

Also why is it every time somebody redesigns their logo, it's always worse?

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#111 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Batman is confirmed too!

Can't wait!

He's DLC though.

#112 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Lookin' in all the right places

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Does the combat in dishonored feel anything like a fallout or elder scrolls game?

#113 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

This game is... kinda buggy. Kinda really buggy. Nothing too terrible, though.

Except for the bug that keeps forcing me to take a mission I don't want to fucking take. Jesus Christ that shit ain't right.

Explain.

Well, uh... in short...

I used to be worried that with the lack of TUs, getting proper line-of-sight would be a huge pain in the ass. I now see that is not the case because line-of-sight barely matters anymore.

There is a consistent logic to the cover system, but it is... unintuitive. And funny-looking.

Posted Image

#114 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

He's DLC though.

Is he part of a season pass? Because that's the only way I'll pay for him.

#115 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Is he part of a season pass? Because that's the only way I'll pay for him.

No, he's locked on the disk you have to find the key in the $10 1kb download.

Does the combat in dishonored feel anything like a fallout or elder scrolls game?

It looks more Bioshocky.

#116 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

If you're asking that because Bethesda's name is attached, it's worth pointing out that they are only the publisher, not the developer.

My Tradelist

#117 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

It's a shame that the two most non-standard $60 games this year had to come out the same day and inadvertently compete against each other. It's hard enough for those type of games to succeed when they are released by themselves. Still, I hope that both games do at least moderately well because I'm getting sick of the $60 game lineup becoming such a dull, homogeneous mess (RE6 being the epitome of that for me).

It took you this long to become sick of it? I've been sick of it for years now. I do hope they do well just because they are a bit different, but that's about impossible at the $60 price point. Who likes to gamble on $60 games? So everyone waits for a price drop. $60 price point has to go, these underdog games cannot survive at it because the average gamer won't pay it for something they don't know they'll even like. And if they don't sell, they get discounted quickly, then everyone assumes they flopped. "Oh look, X-Com is $40 already. It's been a month." That looks bad to the average gamer, and they'll wait for further price drops. So just launch them at $40 or $50 and try to get people to take a chance on your game instead of trying to fall in line by charging $60 for your game.

If you want to improve things, here's a tip, stop buying $60 Call of Duties. Since it sells hugely at that price, everyone thinks they can charge the same and get away with it. No sir, that doesn't work. You're X-Com/Dishonored, not Call of Duty. It's like if McDonalds started charging Red Robin prices. Doesn't work. - Actually, that's a horribl0e comparison, because McDonalds sells hugely, whereas X-Com and Dishonored will probably barely break 100k combined. . . :cry:

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#118 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Can't blame people for wanting to drop $60 on Call of Duty though. They'll probably be playing it a lot longer than they would be playing a game like Dishonored.

Publishers need to give up the dream of their game selling well at $60, especially for games like Dishonored and XCOM. Releasing games like those at this time of year was also a horrible idea. They should have been released in the Summer when there isn't a lot coming out so that people will be more willing to give them a chance due to lack of other options.

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed is coming out at $40 on consoles, $30 on handhelds. That's the way to do it for a franchise that's not huge like Call of Duty.

#119 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Lookin' in all the right places

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

If you're asking that because Bethesda's name is attached

Hell yeah I am, that's like the stamp of shit for me.

it's worth pointing out that they are only the publisher, not the developer.

That is worth pointing out.

EDIT: $60 on PC? Of fucking course.

#120 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

It took you this long to become sick of it? I've been sick of it for years now. I do hope they do well just because they are a bit different, but that's about impossible at the $60 price point. Who likes to gamble on $60 games? So everyone waits for a price drop. $60 price point has to go, these underdog games cannot survive at it because the average gamer won't pay it for something they don't know they'll even like. And if they don't sell, they get discounted quickly, then everyone assumes they flopped. "Oh look, X-Com is $40 already. It's been a month." That looks bad to the average gamer, and they'll wait for further price drops. So just launch them at $40 or $50 and try to get people to take a chance on your game instead of trying to fall in line by charging $60 for your game.

If you want to improve things, here's a tip, stop buying $60 Call of Duties. Since it sells hugely at that price, everyone thinks they can charge the same and get away with it. No sir, that doesn't work. You're X-Com/Dishonored, not Call of Duty. It's like if McDonalds started charging Red Robin prices. Doesn't work.

I've been sick of it for a while too, I just think that this year especially has been the worst yet as far as everything feeling samey.

I agree about lower prices for stuff like this, especially this late in the generation. Not every full release should be $60. Especially with a new IP, it might be better to release at $40. I want to see these kind of games do well, but the hype levels for games that aren't COD or Halo just aren't enough to justify a $60 price tag. If I didn't get them for $45 each, I would have just bought one (or possibly neither since a price drop is inevitable).

People will pay $60 for COD or Halo because they know what they are getting and they are willing to pay for it. A lot of people aren't going to want to risk their $60 on a weird power-based stealth game or a turn-based strategy game. But maybe at $40 they would. And if they do well at that price, maybe a sequel could have a bigger budget and release at $60.

My Tradelist