GGT 199 thinks it can review games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
504 replies to this topic

#241 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

Mass Effect wasn't that buggy. Invisible enemies and hovering characters aside.

Xcom has characters looking in the wrong direction when they shoot. It has weapons getting stuck in hands (my sniper, for example, once had his rifle stuck in his hands even when firing his pistol or throwing a grenade). It has an item that sometimes falls through the floor of the map. Sometimes the regular tooltips are replaced with Xbox tooltips. It has tiles that go god damn crazy when hover the mouse over them, making them almost impossible to move to (though I think there's only one map with that). It has enemies that I can see and shoot (and that can presumably see and shoot me, though I didn't give them the chance) even though they're inside a building with no windows. It has characters hovering in the air. It has spotty detection on nearby airborne enemies.

Most significantly, the game once overrode my choice of missions, sending me into a fight in India when I chose to send my squad to France. That was fucking bullshit.

Bugs aside, I have two major problems with the game. No picking up items off the ground is absolutely terrible. My medic is on the ground, bleeding out? Can't pick up his medkit and heal him. Trying to capture an alien and the guy with the taser goes down? Fuck it, guess we just have to kill everything.

The second major problem for me is the whole "free move" thing that aliens get when you encounter them. It's fine if they use it to retreat and take cover, which happens in 95% of the cases, but it's pretty fucking bullshit when chrysalids or berserkers get to magically appear in the middle of my squad.

Bugs and those two terrible, terrible things aside? Game's damn good. The smaller squad size works way better than I thought it would.

Posted Image

#242 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

I remember watching my friend play GRAW's campaign and having one of his AI dudes rocket launcher the wall directly in front of him, killing his whole squad.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#243 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

Mass Effect wasn't that buggy. Invisible enemies and hovering characters aside.

Xcom has characters looking in the wrong direction when they shoot. It has weapons getting stuck in hands (my sniper, for example, once had his rifle stuck in his hands even when firing his pistol or throwing a grenade). It has an item that sometimes falls through the floor of the map. Sometimes the regular tooltips are replaced with Xbox tooltips. It has tiles that go god damn crazy when hover the mouse over them, making them almost impossible to move to (though I think there's only one map with that). It has enemies that I can see and shoot (and that can presumably see and shoot me, though I didn't give them the chance) even though they're inside a building with no windows. It has characters hovering in the air. It has spotty detection on nearby airborne enemies.

Most significantly, the game once overrode my choice of missions, sending me into a fight in India when I chose to send my squad to France. That was fucking bullshit.

Bugs aside, I have two major problems with the game. No picking up items off the ground is absolutely terrible. My medic is on the ground, bleeding out? Can't pick up his medkit and heal him. Trying to capture an alien and the guy with the taser goes down? Fuck it, guess we just have to kill everything.

The second major problem for me is the whole "free move" thing that aliens get when you encounter them. It's fine if they use it to retreat and take cover, which happens in 95% of the cases, but it's pretty fucking bullshit when chrysalids or berserkers get to magically appear in the middle of my squad.

Bugs and those two terrible, terrible things aside? Game's damn good. The smaller squad size works way better than I thought it would.

Xcom bug count: really fucking high.

That's funny because I'm playing it on the PS3 and haven't encountered a single bug.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#244 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

X-Com sounds like the Windows Me of videogames.

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#245 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

Xcom is the Xcom of videogames.

Posted Image

#246 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

They should make one where you battle illegal aliens on the Mexican border. Call it Mex-Com.

#247 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Posted Image
Hovering's fairly common when taking cover near a ladder. For aiming purposes, he is treated as though he is on the ground behind the truck.

Posted Image
The area in the middle of the screen - that little strip of elevated ground that juts out a tiny bit - can be a pain in the ass to move to sometimes. Other times, it's totally fine.

Posted Image
They stopped hovering as soon as I moved them.

Posted Image
It's supposed to be a left-mouse prompt.

Posted Image
Can't see the target right beside him...

Posted Image
CAN see the target inside the building.

Posted Image
Battle scanner falls through the floor of the map.

Posted Image

#248 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

You should have made a Powerpoint of that.

#249 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

The Ship Yard is the the slowest part of Uncharted 3. The game picks up again after that, but you can tell Uncharted 3 was a rushed product.

What sucks right now is respawning right in the middle of everything, with everyone chasing after you, with those fucking snipers killing your ass because you don't have cover where you are.

Also, it seems the AI has gotten more stupid since the last game. I love the grenade guys who keep blowing themselves up with their own grenades. Course, part of it could be because some of the level design seems to be designed for multiplayer and the AI can't navigate it without looking stupid.

Also, after all of this time, there is still some buggy behavior. (I was on a stairs, with an enemy beside me, and he just froze. Then there items like gas canisters and tires that seem to have no weight to them.)

Xcom bug count: really fucking high.

Well, I find out tonight, when I actually have a chance to play the game. Personally, I'm not worried. I expect most of the bugs to be ironed out eventually.
Posted Image

#250 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Lookin' in all the right places

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYkSdIvmRxU

#251 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

You should have made a Powerpoint of that.

Never mind, I did it for you. ^__^

#252 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

That is the greatest thing you have ever done in your entire life.

Posted Image

#253 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

And it took about 3 minutes too. ^__^ Guess it's all downhill from here. . . :cry:

#254 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

Darkstalkers vid

Youtube? WTF? They need to patch that shit into Marvel!

#255 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

Aaaand the patch reset my settings.

Posted Image

#256 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

I remember watching my friend play GRAW's campaign and having one of his AI dudes rocket launcher the wall directly in front of him, killing his whole squad.

GRAW2 was fucking RAW

It was the first and only Ghost Recon game I ever finished

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#257 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

GRAW2 was fucking RAW

It was the first and only Ghost Recon game I ever finished

I liked playing multiplayer with friends. I used the loudest sniper rifle I could find, antivehicle rifle. ^__^

Also whoknows put me on his ignore list because I end every post with a smiley face. ^__^

#258 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

Don't steal my ideas, hank.

^_^x KD

#259 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

Are you on Whoknows' ignore list? I think not. ^__^

#260 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

Aaaaand now one of the hotkeys doesn't work.

Posted Image

#261 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

Watch, I can say this and he'll never see it.

Godhand >>> Sonic 2006. ^__^

#262 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

Are you on Whoknows' ignore list? I think not. ^__^

Whoknows, I'm jealous, add me to your ignore list.

^_^x KD

#263 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

I'd never put Whoknows on my ignore list though, because I'm not a godless heathen like he is. ^__^

#264 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

I'd never put Whoknows on my ignore list though, because I'm not a godless heathen like he is. ^__^

Is that why he doesn't like God Hand?

^_^x KD

#265 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

Spoiler

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#266 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

Good.

^_^x KD

#267 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

What did he say? I have him on my ignore list. ^__^

#268 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

Aaaaaand the patch introduced a new bug?

Used to be able to see how much damage your attack would take off an opponent's health bar if it does max damage. Now... nothing.

Posted Image

#269 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

What did he say? I have him on my ignore list. ^__^

Posted Image

^_^x KD

#270 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

I liked playing multiplayer with friends. I used the loudest sniper rifle I could find, antivehicle rifle. ^__^

"The penetrator"

Let's rave!

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D