Should I cancel my Zone of the Enders Pre-Order?

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
I know it's a stupid question, but I thought I'd see if anyone had an opinion on it.

I have it pre-ordered from Newegg for $30. For some reason I always convince myself that these collections will be rare and won't drop in price, but they always hit $15-$20 before I even get around to playing them. Any reason this one won't follow suit?

I would say that it depends on how much you would like to play ZOTE. If the answer is "ASAP", keep your pre-order (GREAT price). If your answer is "eventually", cancel that puppy and keep an eye on CAG.

Well as far as I can see most are ~$20 on amazon now.

Only ones around 30-40 are MGS, Silent Hill and Ratchet+Clank. I can only guess that SH and RC are newer?

If you really want the game I'd say go for it although there are many new game coming out this quarter. I can see it ~30 until early 2013 unless it's on sale for black friday etc. etc.

The Ico Collection is currently $16 @ Newegg. I never pay anymore than $20 for theses types of collections. Still waiting for a Ratchet Collections price drop. :bouncy:

If you want to play it soon, then the $30 at launch is an awesome price. If you can wait a while, go ahead and wait. You'll probably end up saving $10-15 more if you wait long .

Collections by themselves don't usually keep in value very long (Because the production process isn't anything special, they mass produce those). But if it includes something like a book, then they're less likely to drop in price.

Obvious exception would be Halo LE, and that's because MS churned out SO many of those.

I believe it was 8-4 play, one of the hosts is a huge fan. He played some of it and was not impressed and is not buying it.

If you can play PS2 games still and have access to or own the PS2 originals you won't gain anything except convenience to play on a non-BC PS3.

I have this pre-ordered as well and agree with the others that these collections do usually drop so if you don't want to play it right away it's probably worth waiting. I know I got the Sly collection for like 5 bucks and the Jak collection for 6 with the Pokemon promo going on now, so with the right promos/sales these hd collections can get really low priced.

Thanks guys for pretty much validating exactly what I'm feeling. I just treated myself to the R&C Collection at full price and Hell Yeah for XBLA, so I think I'll cancel this and pick it up in 3-6 months.

bread's done
Back