Best Buy Lord of the Rings: War in the North Collector's Edition $29.99 FS

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

Didn't find a post on this and saw this online, its ten dollars cheaper then the previous price drop

Free shipping at Best buy

http://www.bestbuy.c...north&lp=5&cp=1

Here are some others too

WBStore (dont know the shipping though)

http://www.wbshop.co...CFcxAMgodSTEACQ

And Fry's (careful this has S10 shipping)

http://www.frys.com/product/6752495

The extras are pretty cool, especially the map. The game on the other hand pretty meh.

If the links don't work just search "war in the north" on their search bar.

#2 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

Very very tempting. That map would look pretty pimp up on a wall somewhere in my house. I just can't pull the trigger because the game is pretty "meh" like the OP said.

The other day, a Best Buy employee let me have one of those War in the North Troll statues for free. A few of my stores still have these sitting on the shelves of the PC game section.

http://www.amazon.co...he north statue

#3 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

I picked this up at Best Buy a few months ago for $19.99. Odd they'd increase the price.

#4 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

I picked this up at Best Buy a few months ago for $19.99. Odd they'd increase the price.

That was probably YMMV clearance, whereas this is most likely a universal price drop.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

I picked this up for $30 a few months ago. Still haven't played the game but the map and the troll statue I got with it (I guess they had tons in the back) are pretty damn cool looking.

#6 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

I have this CE. The game would be pretty great if I wasn't the victim of a game-ending glitch where I'm stuck in chapter 5 with no way of advancing. :-(

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#7 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Very tempted by this, I'm a bit of a Tolkien fan and I like the extras in the package.

The heck with it... in for one! :)
Posted Image

#8 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

I have this CE. The game would be pretty great if I wasn't the victim of a game-ending glitch where I'm stuck in chapter 5 with no way of advancing. :-(

I got the same glitch, do the piggyback method.
The PS3 version isn't available for shipping it seems. Doesn't really matter to me since I got it for $40 from amazon when they didn't charge tax. Great CE, and you can use the quiver to cosplay AssCreed :lol: I loved the game, great for local co op, aside from the bugs which can be avoided if you are ware of it beforehand.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#9 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

Same sentiments I had, except I hit the same type of glitch in a different chapter. Supposedly they devs patched the bugs out, but I've too busy (and too miffed about the glitch) to start the game over.

Game was quite fun, tho.

#10 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

I've had this CE for quite a while, picked it up for around $50 on Amazon way back when. I've been happy with it. I too hit the bug that you guys are talking about on my second playthrough (PS3 version). I was able to get past it by joining a co-op game hosted by someone else and completing the level with them.

Anyway, the game is a ton of fun in co-op mode (same screen or online). I love that it has same-screen co-op, far too many games this gen eschew single-screen in favor of online-only multiplayer IMO.

If you're a Tolkien geek (guilty) I highly recommend picking it up.

#11 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

Awesome CE, I can't pass it up at this price, thanks OP!

#12 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

In for one!

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#13 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

That was probably YMMV clearance, whereas this is most likely a universal price drop.

I'm pretty sure it was universal. There's a thread on here about it somewhere. I think I saw it in the Shadows of the Damned for $10 thread, where others had similar success. In fact it was marked $40 and rang up $20 when I picked it up.

#14 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

I'm pretty sure it was universal. There's a thread on here about it somewhere. I think I saw it in the Shadows of the Damned for $10 thread, where others had similar success. In fact it was marked $40 and rang up $20 when I picked it up.

Correct, i went for the regular version for $10 though should have spent the extra $10 looking back

#15 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hm. Couldn't disagree with OP more about this game. It's one of the best games of 2011.
698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#16 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

Too bad I'm not paid until Friday, else I'd be on this.

Hell, maybe it'll still be available. It'd be nice.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#17 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

It wasn't universal. I picked it up right after someone reported getting it for $19.99 and it rang up at my store for $39.99. I continued to check online for a few weeks to see if it would drop to do a PM but it never did (until now, but I'm passed my PM window. Only 10 bucks, no biggie, it was worth 39.99)

Posted Image

#18 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hm. Couldn't disagree with OP more about this game. It's one of the best games of 2011.

I hope this isnt sarcasm. Can you give an explanation? i decided to bite for the swag. I cant wait to wear this in my public speaking class

#19 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Anyone think it will drop to $19.99 for Black Friday? I would much rather pay $19.99 since the game wasn't that good, apparently.

#20 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

i'm such an idiot for buying this for $40. the game is good, though.

#21 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

I spent fifty to get this CE plus the snow troll, and don't regret picking it up, from what little I've played of it, it is better to get with two others that you know (and for the love of god use a mic found out the hard way) and won't squabble with.

#22 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

I spent fifty to get this CE plus the snow troll, and don't regret picking it up, from what little I've played of it, it is better to get with two others that you know (and for the love of god use a mic found out the hard way) and won't squabble with.

Exactly, or play couch co-op. Couch co-op with a another buddy or loved one (preferably also a LOTR fan) is very fun due to the heterogeneity in characters.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

I got the vannila game a few months ago and couldn't finish it, i thought the idea was great but the combat was terrible and over all not fun to play. I would love an RPG openworld LOTR game though =(

#24 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Played this game long after it was patched. It was a tad bogged down at the very beginning but then it got much better pretty quickly. I really enjoyed it actually. A little "mindless" to some extent, but really, I enjoyed the game. My review of it.

I'm pretty tempted to pick this up I'm just doubting I'll play it again and am hesitating to spend the money on just the extras.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#25 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

Hmm, I've heard the game is not so great, but I'm a sucker for Collector Editions!!!...

In for 1...;)

Rise from your grave...

#26 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

Same here :grouphug:.

#27 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

Anyone how has money and like LOTR a little buy this. The majority of the quiver is real leather (smells awesome) and is full sized (quite wearable). Map is great canvas materials. The case has special art that says limited edition and has a different appearance. Incredible quality worth 30$.
Never played the game but it has Co-op 2 local 3 not.

#28 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Got this for 20 a few months back. It was a mediocre game I remember be pissed when I got a game breaking glitch luckily I joined someone in co-op that was around the same part and beat the game with them. I'd say the extras are better than the game

#29 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

This. It's a decent couch co-op.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8