Photo
- - - - -

Free movie or game rental on Wednesday 10/10 (Redbox's 10th Birthday Promo)

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 killerbee40

killerbee40

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Just got two blu rays with two credit cards. Thanks for posting this.

#32 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Nice work op picked up

Cabin in the Woods
Barbie princess and the rocker or whatever it is for the kids
Resident Evil 6 disc 1 Xbox 360
Posted Image

#33 Mister_Player

Mister_Player

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

I used the code too.

Took 3 movies :bouncy:

#34 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Well, the promo code finally worked for me!!!...:bouncy:

Now, it's time to play some Borderlands 2 on the 360...

Rise from your grave...

#35 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Cabin in the Woods was AWESOME!!! Its so out there and over the top its just a fun movie to watch and have a good time.

Honestly, I just watched it and my thoughts were "Glad I didn't pay to watch this, especially not in the theater"

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#36 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Yay got dishonored for free with Birthday. Still got a free code from the other offer. So if I don't finish it today, i can re-rent it tomorrow.

#37 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Code worked for me! Now time to try and beat dishonored before tomorrow night.

#38 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

WTF I try to uses this code for Dishonored looks like someone stole it and put the label on another disc. ANybody had this happen

#39 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

So we have to return these by tommorow 9 PM?

NighT_Ryder31.png

#40 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

So we have to return these by tommorow 9 PM?

If you don't want to get charged $2/night.

#41 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

WTF I try to uses this code for Dishonored looks like someone stole it and put the label on another disc. ANybody had this happen

I have not, but have heard of it. Some people are super shady. Try to call or email support and explain the situation. They should be able to track who had it last and you should be in the clear.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#42 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

I'll admit, when i was like 12 I did this at a movie store to get bust-a-groove.

#43 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

I have not, but have heard of it. Some people are super shady. Try to call or email support and explain the situation. They should be able to track who had it last and you should be in the clear.

I can't imagine that a game this new has had more than one previous renter. I assume they must be using stolen credit cards or something if it continues to be a problem.

#44 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

I can't imagine that a game this new has had more than one previous renter. I assume they must be using stolen credit cards or something if it continues to be a problem.

Yeah, either stolen, or I don't know if you can use those rechargeable CC cards at Red Box, but if so I imagine that is the case.

#45 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Yeah, either stolen, or I don't know if you can use those rechargeable CC cards at Red Box, but if so I imagine that is the case.

I've heard that you can't. Of course I've had a ton of different ones over the years and some you just pull off the shelf and activate and others have your full name and address attached. I suppose the latter may work, and there is no verification of your info like a real credit card.

#46 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

I've heard that you can't. Of course I've had a ton of different ones over the years and some you just pull off the shelf and activate and others have your full name and address attached. I suppose the latter may work, and there is no verification of your info like a real credit card.

Yeah, some of the ones I've gotten as rebates I've been able to use on stuff like this, online at least for like trials, etc. And I shouldn't find it funny, but I do find it funny a thief thought buying it MSRP for $60 was too much so he made his stolen money stretch by renting and stealing. Might have even used the code too...lol

#47 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

Yeah, some of the ones I've gotten as rebates I've been able to use on stuff like this, online at least for like trials, etc. And I shouldn't find it funny, but I do find it funny a thief thought buying it MSRP for $60 was too much so he made his stolen money stretch by renting and stealing. Might have even used the code too...lol

Of course the question is, why go back for the fake return? If you're going to steal something why bother making the dummy disc? Maybe Redbox just doesn't go after the thieves.

#48 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Of course the question is, why go back for the fake return? If you're going to steal something why bother making the dummy disc? Maybe Redbox just doesn't go after the thieves.

Because if it is stolen, everyday you don't return it's a dollar whatever charge and then a maxout of the MSRP plus whatever it is Redbox charges. I'm assuming they have that earmarked for some other illegal activity.

#49 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Yesssss free Dishonored

#50 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Just got off the phone with a rep. Looks like I should be clear. Was a little bit worry because I used a my dads cards in order to get in on another free rental. I never used that card before and didn't even give an email at check out. In fact when I had notice it wasn't Dishonored but didn't have my phone so had to return back home just to call them up. I ending up having to call twice because I used this promotion and they where gonna just give me only one free DVD rental promotion, call was dropped. After the second call got Two Dvd rental codes.

#51 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

I did, I forget what movie I tried to rent, but it came out as I think a Scooby Do movie.... I immediately upon noticing that put it right back into the machine and when I got home I emailed them, they should be able to give you another free code hopefully, and maybe block that barcode from being rented until someone pulls it out.

#52 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Just got off the phone with a rep. Looks like I should be clear. Was a little bit worry because I used a my dads cards in order to get in on another free rental. I never used that card before and didn't even give an email at check out. In fact when I had notice it wasn't Dishonored but didn't have my phone so had to return back home just to call them up. I ending up having to call twice because I used this promotion and they where gonna just give me only one free DVD rental promotion, call was dropped. After the second call got Two Dvd rental codes.

Yeah, they have been pretty good with making things right on the CSR side when a disc is unplayable/scratched. Only problem I ever ran into was a few years back when I returned three DVDs, for some reason their system never marked the third one as returned, and then they tried to charge me like 10 days rental because someone else rented it after me and didn't return it for 10 days. They tried the whole free code business, but I told them straight up they either refund me or I was disputing with my CC and then they did a refund.

Edit:
Also - OMG DISHONORED YOU JUST CAME OUT AND I ALREADY HAVE TO DL AND INSTALL AN UPDATE FOR YOU I HATE YOU RANT RANT RANT.

#53 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Both Redboxes around me didn't have Dishonored yet. :/ I find it funny they still had Skyrim to rent lol.

#54 darkskill

darkskill

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

I went to a few Redbox kiosks on my way home, Dishonored OOS and nothing else worth my time. Ending up getting the Lorax on bluray...

#55 Pojo

Pojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

Got Dishonored. Remembered this thread as I was walking out of Wal-Mart and BAM, Dishonored was there!

I'm just glad that the promo code was easy to remember.
Posted Image

#56 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

should always have your phone when you use redbox...

just wait until the arm DROPS THe item and it never comes out of the box or it never gets checked back in... then is when you panic :)

happened to me 3 times in the past 2 weeks (movie never came out of the box) you can hear the movie being dropped
WOOOO I STINK

#57 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

THanks. Grabbed RE6 to see what all the fuss was about.

#58 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:41 AM

No Dishonored at either of the Redboxes I tried, but I got Uncharted 3 and Hugo, the latter of which I just watched with the family.
Posted Image

#59 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

Is anyone else having problems with the code? Says error when I try it as well.

#60 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

I rented Max Payne from a kiosk a few months back and someone had cut the barcode label off the game and stuck it on the plastic case just well enough that it read it as returned. I got 2 free codes out of it but it sucked all the same.
Posted Image