RAGE $9.98 @ Amazon for PS3

Wonderful graphics, great shooter elements (very smart AI, guns feel and sound natural)

Story is shit. Stuck in the middle of the game because the story is so god damn boring. Has such great settings(Dead City) but does not provide any exposition to it.

I feel this game got a bad rap because of the incredible hype it had before release. I had a lot of fun with it, and like HornyPony says, the gunplay is awesome.

I had a lot of fun with it at first on 360, I thought the game engine was pretty damn sweet and the guns were pretty balanced as well. But I got in a rut, probably because of the story as well, and dropped it when I picked up Skyrim, and then never went back after. I will get back to it eventually, it is my kind of game, but I hope if they do a sequel, they really focus more on the story. Even if they don't make a sequel, they should make another game with that engine soon, before this generation is done with.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Hasn't it been this price for quite some time now?[/QUOTE]

No, its hit this price before at Best Buy and Newegg before but those sales have been over for a while. This is the first time I've seen it this low on Amazon before. That's why I thought it was worth mentioning for those that missed the sales on other sites.

5I could not stand the texture pop in, it was so terribly distracting. Even after doing the massive install. I had to get rid of it.

Maybe I will try it again one day for 360, perhaps the results will be better.

Graphics were sick in this game. Story started out great, and then just fell on it's face. The MP consists of going in a circle while driving a dune buggy, and trying to take your opponent out.

This game was awesome when I played it on PC. The engine for it is insane, the system requirements seemed to be stunningly low for the kind of graphics you get. One of the best looking games I've played (up there with Crysis/Crysis 2) with some solid shooting and if you don't go into it expecting any more than that you're golden.

I would HIGHLY recommend NOT buying this on PS3. I actually loved the game, but first bought it on PS3 and it's unplayable at any price. There is constant texture pop-in right in front of you, every single time you move your character even a touch. It's unplayable.

I returned my copy to gamestop and later bought it on 360, which after the install does not suffer this problem.

Great shooting mechanics, decent racing and leveling up. Not very deep and has a crappy ending, but on 360 it's definitely worth $10 for 8 hours of shooting fun.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']5I could not stand the texture pop in, it was so terribly distracting. Even after doing the massive install. I had to get rid of it.

Maybe I will try it again one day for 360, perhaps the results will be better.[/QUOTE]

Just saw this, but check out my post right above. Texture issue is just about nonexistent on 360 after install.

Got that game back in march with @gamer coupon for $5! Played it, and it is totally worth $10! Awesome game!

bread's done
Back