Photo
- - - - -

Resident Evil Archives Volume 1/2 Bundle (Reprint of 1) Preorder $26.39 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#91 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

mine is shipping soon but listed as end of december

seriously i dont think amazon even knows what they are saying/doing sometimes

#92 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

Mines changed to Shipping Soon and I ordered 1 day after your's. Est Delivery Date Nov 1-3

Yea, you're right. Checked mine and it reads the same. I guess they are for real this time lol

#93 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

I just got my copy shipped and should arrive Nov.7.

BumslieOG.png

#94 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

So the same BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL errors found in Vol 1 in this one?

I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this as well. Thanks in advance!

#95 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

weird where did my post go anyways is its pub date the original date?

and mine is shipped arriving tomorrow

#96 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 11, 2012 (Order# XXX-XXXXXXXXX):

BradyGames "Resident Evil Archives I and II Bundle"
Estimated arrival date: December 06, 2012 - January 05, 2013

Just received shipment notification with an estimated arrival date of November 06.

TheVila.png

#97 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

got mine early this morning gonna bust it open when i get up

#98 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Yes, it looks to be the same as it appears to be a reprint. What errors did you want me to verify?

#99 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Yes, it looks to be the same as it appears to be a reprint. What errors did you want me to verify?

so it is a reprint and not the original run then

#100 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

so it is a reprint and not the original run then

The original run of Volume 1 has been out of print and sold out for at least 2-3 years if not longer.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#101 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

got shipment notification

#102 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

My order just got bumped up to Nov 7th. :D
Posted Image

#103 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

before i read these can anyone give me some background on the dates at the bottom of the books (assuming its just what part of the timeline they cover but if that's the case is there no RE activity in that 2 year gap)

#104 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Looked at the item info again, says it is in stock for shipping from amazon, but order was still saying December/Jan. Called amazon, rep upgraded me to free overnight shipping and the status updated. It'll be here tomorrow according to the info it shows. YAY!

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#105 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Looked at the item info again, says it is in stock for shipping from amazon, but order was still saying December/Jan. Called amazon, rep upgraded me to free overnight shipping and the status updated. It'll be here tomorrow according to the info it shows. YAY!

yeah i think amazon just fucked something up on the tech side with this one but yeah free overnight is awesome

still need my question answered if anyone knows

#106 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Just got mine... shipped in a box with no side padding, so the corners are dinged up. I remember the days when Amazon knew how to pack items.:-?

I really wish they had just made this into one giant book, instead of wrapping the two together.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#107 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Just got mine... shipped in a box with no side padding, so the corners are dinged up. I remember the days when Amazon knew how to pack items.:-?

I really wish they had just made this into one giant book, instead of wrapping the two together.

That would have been a lot nicer overall. My theory is they had a lot of Volume 2 left because they printed a lot more as to not run out like they did with Vol 1. As such they reprinted just Vol 1 and grouped it with Vol 2 to "force" people who may own Vol 2 to buy the bundle to get Vol 1, thus decreasing stock of Vol 2.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#108 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Mine came the same way, and one of the corners was ripped. Requested a replacement.

#109 lurkingsalt

lurkingsalt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

Mine came finally came in. Had 2 other books with it so it got packaged in a bigger box, no dings/dmg. For the price I don't mind them wrapping two individual books together.

#110 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

My order came in a few days ago, packaged well enough that there was no damage to either book. It's a pretty sweet deal for $26, and I like the series enough to feel that this was a good purchase. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#111 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Wasn't the first one originally a hardcover? The one in my bundle is a softcover. Or am I remembering wrong?

#112 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

The ones I've seen were all softcover.

#113 .Virus

.Virus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Didnt know about this, Im getting this just because i believe the art and read will be better than RE5 and RE6 put together. I need some type of RE thing to enjoy this year... lol

#114 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

I am bit disappointed that this shipped as two separate books. Looks like they wanted to clear stock on Archives 2 or something.

I am glad I kept my original print Archives 1, the back cover is different so you can tell the reprint from the original.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#115 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

I am bit disappointed that this shipped as two separate books. Looks like they wanted to clear stock on Archives 2 or something.

I am glad I kept my original print Archives 1, the back cover is different so you can tell the reprint from the original.

I'm just happy they reprinted it. Better than paying so much for the first. They need to do a reprint of the Phoenix Wright book sometime.

#116 .Virus

.Virus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

544 pages for 25.34+free shipping is such a steal >:F

#117 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Well, you guys talked me into buying this even though I shouldn't be spending money right now.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#118 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

im actually happy it came as 2 separate books.. less worrying about binding issues and heavy weight since ill be taking these around alot for work.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#119 tempbast

tempbast

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

I'm disappointed in these books. I want more concept and original art and less screenshots from the games. Many concept art pictures are thumbnail size. Way too tiny to thoroughly enjoy the details. There are a lot of repeated text which is just a waste. Some of the writing is just bad and cheesey. http://residentevil....ident_Evil_Wiki probably has more in-depth story details.

These "Archive" books are just enhanced game instruction manuals. I'd return it if it cost me anything, but I was very fortunate that Amazon messed up somewhere. Check out a copy at Barnes before you make your purchase.

#120 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

The whole Biohazard/Resident Evil..........looks like someone got lazy and told word/indesign to Find and replace all Biohazard with RE and so on. I found that pretty quick when I first read it.