Photo
- - - - -

Resident Evil Archives Volume 1/2 Bundle (Reprint of 1) Preorder $26.39 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

I'm disappointed in these books. I want more concept and original art and less screenshots from the games. Many concept art pictures are thumbnail size. Way too tiny to thoroughly enjoy the details. There are a lot of repeated text which is just a waste. Some of the writing is just bad and cheesey. http://residentevil....ident_Evil_Wiki probably has more in-depth story details.

These "Archive" books are just enhanced game instruction manuals. I'd return it if it cost me anything, but I was very fortunate that Amazon messed up somewhere. Check out a copy at Barnes before you make your purchase.

It's really that bad? I ordered it for artworks, not glorified instruction manual. From the item description, it says it has a comprehensive collection of characters and enemies etc. Can someone else pitch in their opinion? I'm not buying this as a collectible, but rather reference material to read/refresh the earlier Resident Evil story lines.

#122 hiljay

hiljay

Super Aggro CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

It's really that bad? I ordered it for artworks, not glorified instruction manual. From the item description, it says it has a comprehensive collection of characters and enemies etc. Can someone else pitch in their opinion? I'm not buying this as a collectible, but rather reference material to read/refresh the earlier Resident Evil story lines.

as tempbast has noted, there's definitely not a lot of art in it - at least art that you've never seen before. i'd say it's a detailed synopsis of each resident evil wtih screenshots to move the text along combined with what you would likely see as an index of monsters, characters, and items within a strategy guide.

it's not bad, but it's not great either. i say go to the wiki if you want to save $26 and are not a big collector of videogame "literature".

3DS FC:  1091 8995 8627

PSN:  neiljoy

XBL:  neiljoy

Steam:  hiljay

have a day. 

#123 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I cancelled my order, I'll save the money for artworks instead.

#124 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Well, I thought it was more of an artbook but ah well, it just shipped.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#125 chosen_one_13

chosen_one_13

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

That's pretty much what it is. I had Archives 1 for awhile and it recaps each story with (small) screenshots of the cutscenes for the first section. Second section is information about every character in the game with at least 1 picture (more and larger ones for more important characters) of the character. Third section is enemies, same deal as characters. Then there's a concept art section for each game (including one for RE 1.5). Next is a transcript of every single file in the games. Then there's a section about the events and organizations (like background info on STARS) and the viruses. And at the end is a list (using a small font and image size) of every single item across the games.

#126 chosen_one_13

chosen_one_13

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

The whole Biohazard/Resident Evil..........looks like someone got lazy and told word/indesign to Find and replace all Biohazard with RE and so on. I found that pretty quick when I first read it.

Some errors have been fixed. My original archives copy had the Adder entry in enemies cut off mid section. Other errors are still there, in the Keyword section under STARS, Forest Speyer is still listed as Forest Spire.

#127 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

That's pretty much what it is. I had Archives 1 for awhile and it recaps each story with (small) screenshots of the cutscenes for the first section. Second section is information about every character in the game with at least 1 picture (more and larger ones for more important characters) of the character. Third section is enemies, same deal as characters. Then there's a concept art section for each game (including one for RE 1.5). Next is a transcript of every single file in the games. Then there's a section about the events and organizations (like background info on STARS) and the viruses. And at the end is a list (using a small font and image size) of every single item across the games.

That sounds pretty sweet, thanks for the breakdown.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#128 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Some errors have been fixed. My original archives copy had the Adder entry in enemies cut off mid section. Other errors are still there, in the Keyword section under STARS, Forest Speyer is still listed as Forest Spire.

:wall::wall::wall:

God damn it!! You have got to be kidding me!!! There is no excuse for this shit!!!

#129 Silico3

Silico3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

It looks as though Amazon has temporarily halted sales on this to investigate reported problems.
Hopefully they fix this issue so I can finally buy it!

#130 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

It looks as though Amazon has temporarily halted sales on this to investigate reported problems.
Hopefully they fix this issue so I can finally buy it!

Any idea what the problems are?

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#131 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Any idea what the problems are?

Likely from poor packing

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312