Photo
- - - - -

$1-month Xbox LIVE Gold (still ALIVE -- even for beta users!) [for Silver members]

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Where did you hit no thanks at? I tried it on multiple apps

You need to be Silver first then DL any app. I tried the Netflix app.

Thanks OP.

#62 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

I know I used an offer like that years ago. But can't remember how many times. Guess I am out of luck. Thank you for the help

#63 M_A_C

M_A_C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

I noticed last night that it is not showing me the $1 month either. It has changed to $9.99 on the offer wall. I choose 'No Thanks' and it takes me to the FREE month trial option.

I've got a CC on file that I have used for other FREE/$1/$2 months.

I've not committed to anything yet as I have a 14-day Gold pass ongoing.

I got the free month this way. Thanks!

#64 da510

da510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

Just got the free one 1 month. Being a CAG is the gift that keeps on giving. Just in time for Halo 4 as well!

#65 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Me too, thanks. I hope the $1/month or the $2/2 months start showing up again after my month expires.

#66 keiblerfan69

keiblerfan69

Chevy Born & Raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Just got the free one 1 month. Being a CAG is the gift that keeps on giving. Just in time for Halo 4 as well!

Same reason I need it and for COD next week.

Posted Image
Posted Image
HAF 932 Full Tower | Q9400 OC to 3.4 ghz
4GB Corsair XMS 2 | XFX 260 896mb
Western Digital Black 640GB | 2TB Western Digital Green
Corsair 650TX 650W | Windows 7 64-Bit | ASUS 22.5" Monitor

#67 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

There's a 1 month for $1 for Silver members available through the Vevo app. It will ask if you want to upgrade to Gold to use Vevo, and select no to get the $1 month deal.

Remmber to turn off auto renewal.

#68 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

It still doesn't work for me. This does not work for all users

#69 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Thanks, worked for my other silver account (My main has gold already). Free month just in time for Halo!

#70 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Did this just now. Thanks for the heads up! Just in time for Halo 4, indeed. :)

#71 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

It still doesn't work for me. This does not work for all users

I think you need a credit card on file and/or need to be a former Gold member. Do you and are you?

#72 patcrazystar64

patcrazystar64

Human Android

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

So I got the free trial, thanks for the OPP but I have no idea how to turn off the auto-renewal. Anyone know how?

#73 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

You have to go to Xbox.com, then "My Account".

#74 jphillips10

jphillips10

Go Cubs Go!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

Worked for me on trying to download Netflix. I got a free month!! Will let it expire and try again next month :)

#75 CantThinkOfAName

CantThinkOfAName

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Thanks op!

Couldn't get the free month to work, but the $1/month worked which is very awesome 8-)

#76 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

what the heck.. tried the free month trick by going to d.load netflix and it seemed to work. Went through the whole process. Did that a few days ago. I just went to xbox live rewards to try to get some points... and it shows i am NOT a gold member. Anyone know what the deal is? I went through the whole sign up process, entered a credit card, ect, and it seemed to work fine but it now shows i am just a silver member
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#77 Chalavet

Chalavet

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

I did this a couple of days ago, and I was pleasantly surprised! :D Thanks for the post!! Now I just have to remember to turn off the auto-renew.

#78 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

Good job! Stick it to Bill Gates!

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#79 jphillips10

jphillips10

Go Cubs Go!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

what the heck.. tried the free month trick by going to d.load netflix and it seemed to work. Went through the whole process. Did that a few days ago. I just went to xbox live rewards to try to get some points... and it shows i am NOT a gold member. Anyone know what the deal is? I went through the whole sign up process, entered a credit card, ect, and it seemed to work fine but it now shows i am just a silver member

My rewards isn't showing gold either. Maybe it has to do with the 1 month "trial" gold. Sucks because I just bought a bunch of xbla stuff. We'll see what happens when I try for the $1 next month

#80 Quacker

Quacker

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

I cannot get this to work at all.

My Gold subscription expired a few days ago and I've been trying since then to make this work. I found a video (below) that shows how it's supposed to work as described in this topic, but I can't get it to work like that.

When you select "free download" for Gamespot TV, it's supposed to bring you to the "You need Xbox Live Gold to continue." That never happens for me; I just get the popup telling me the app is 73.89 MB and to confirm download. If I use the app and try to play a video, I get another popup telling me to get Gold, but I only get the $9.99/month option. I've tried a bunch of other apps with the same result.

My account had Gold for 3 years and this is the first time I've let it expire since this method seems to work for 99% of people here. I'm also on the new Dashboard, but I don't think you can even use the old Dashboard if you're online.

Very frustrating. I'm about to give up and drop $50 for another year.

#81 tears2040

tears2040

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

I cannot get this to work at all.

My Gold subscription expired a few days ago and I've been trying since then to make this work. I found a video (below) that shows how it's supposed to work as described in this topic, but I can't get it to work like that.

When you select "free download" for Gamespot TV, it's supposed to bring you to the "You need Xbox Live Gold to continue." That never happens for me; I just get the popup telling me the app is 73.89 MB and to confirm download. If I use the app and try to play a video, I get another popup telling me to get Gold, but I only get the $9.99/month option. I've tried a bunch of other apps with the same result.

My account had Gold for 3 years and this is the first time I've let it expire since this method seems to work for 99% of people here. I'm also on the new Dashboard, but I don't think you can even use the old Dashboard if you're online.

Very frustrating. I'm about to give up and drop $50 for another year.

Same things happens with me, Xbox live user here since the beginning.

#82 Quacker

Quacker

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

Same things happens with me, Xbox live user here since the beginning.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. But I don't understand why it seems to work for everyone else. Perhaps we have been XBL Gold subscribers for too long?

#83 Ir0nman

Ir0nman

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Not too sure why but I am able to download these apps with no prompt's. I have a "Xbox Live Free" account don't know if that differs from Silver. My account currently expired from a prepaid card.

#84 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

This doesn't work for me :( any help would be appreciated.

#85 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

randomly I can download hulu plus now? Did they finally change it so you don't need gold?

#86 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

It worked for me yesterday. I had had a gold membership for a while, and it expired in September. Got a 2 months for $2 deal, which just expired the other day, and then got 1 month for $1. Seems silly to get a longer subscription now that it's easy enough to turn off auto-renew online.
Posted Image

#87 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

nice I am still on silver and can download apps. Is this permanent?

#88 tk_tymes

tk_tymes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Has anyone attempted to use this 2 months in a row and did it work??

#89 Quacker

Quacker

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

It worked for me yesterday. I had had a gold membership for a while, and it expired in September. Got a 2 months for $2 deal, which just expired the other day, and then got 1 month for $1. Seems silly to get a longer subscription now that it's easy enough to turn off auto-renew online.

It's actually not silly, seeing as this method doesn't work.

#90 gabe2gg

gabe2gg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

doesnt work anymore