CAGcast #300: EME

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#91 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

Wanted to point out that the Internet Explorer song is "Too Close" by Alex Clare. Not by Matisyahu as Wombat guessed.
http://vevo.ly/j2gAXf

I said he was Jewish like Matisyahu, not that it was Marisyahu.

#92 Wario64

Wario64

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

Blacklight Retribution

#93 shinryuu

shinryuu

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Hmm I was thinking it over again about the "MOBA" just a few minutes ago and I started humming a punch-out song... maybe?! I rechecked Cheapy's version and it wasn't that close, but I'll throw it out there just in case:

Just right after the bell rings... maybe... hopefully... I should stop thinking about this little melody now. Dang you Cheapy.
:-#

#94 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

Just right after the bell rings... maybe... hopefully... I should stop thinking about this little melody now. Dang you Cheapy.

That sounds pretty close.

#95 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

Show Notes

07:00 Favorite show moments
08:30 Ship playing DoA Paradise and being watched by a deer
10:00 Xbox Pure
10:30 Wombat's Xbox Gamer Spotlight & A detailed history of how Microsoft has come to hate the Cagcast
18:00 "I love you Raptr"
18:30 Episode 200 Post E3 Kazoo
19:00 Major Nelson, Vag Clown.
20:00 Mrs Cheapy discusses the Rez trance controller
20:45 Bathroom fainting stories
23:15 Various Clips
24:45 Circuit City, Intro of BS Quarterly, Shipwreck passing out
27:45 New Releases
28:00 Dishonored
37:45 X-COM Enemy Unknown
39:00 Some new Naughty Bear game
41:15 Walking Dead ep 4
41:30 Fable Journeys
43:00 Happy Wars
43:45 Retro City Rampage (Vita)
47:00 Of Orcs and Men
48:00 ME3 Volus in multiplayer
52:30 Borderlands 2
57:00 Guardians of Middle Earth
60:00 Kevin Butler commercial
1:06:45 Zynga stock
1:11:45 How does the PS4 need to improve
1:17:00 Vita-phone?
1:17:30 Buying Forza Horizon
1:19 Total Recall bluray has a a God of War demo

#96 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

Hmm I was thinking it over again about the "MOBA" just a few minutes ago and I started humming a punch-out song... maybe?! I rechecked Cheapy's version and it wasn't that close, but I'll throw it out there just in case:

That's Ride of the Valkyries. I don't know if it could be Punch-Out!!, since I believe Cheapy mentioned before that he never owned a NES. It's a song that's been referenced in quite a few games, even in a Borderlands 2 easter egg:

#97 Wario64

Wario64

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

I hope you're right cause I already guessed Punch out, lol

#98 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

Is it EME?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#99 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

Is it EME?

Exceptional multiplayer experience.

#100 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

While I know a lot of people were clamoring for a clip show or a retrospective for the 300th CAGcast, it's just not your guys' style. You three are like the cool kids that don't show up for graduation and just have your diplomas sent in the mail. Thanks for another great episode and keep them coming.

As for the contest, my guess is the original X-Com.
Posted Image

#101 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Maybe "Dishonored"? Only because Cheapy has played it and beaten it multiple times and it's in the front of his short-term memory.

#102 themightypencil

themightypencil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

congrats on 300! I started listening around ep. 240, and love the show...compared to other game podcasts, this is the one I always am in anticipation for week to week. Hope you guys keep going strong.

As for the MOBA jingle, I'm gonna go with Super Bomberman. Havent seen anyone guess that yet, and cheapy always says he played a shit ton of it...so, yea. Super Bomberman?

#103 shinryuu

shinryuu

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

That's Ride of the Valkyries. I don't know if it could be Punch-Out!!, since I believe Cheapy mentioned before that he never owned a NES. It's a song that's been referenced in quite a few games, even in a Borderlands 2 easter egg:

Yeah I remember it in a few other games as well. Found this list with a quick google search.

We're probably wrong since Cheapy hasn't said anything, unless he's announcing it next podcast. =p
:-#

#104 gaypunk

gaypunk

Omni-Gellin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Congrats you guys. Love the show, look forward to it every week. Ship knows his shiz. Wombat channels Shecky Greene for the jokes and Cheapy is the awkward racist uncle with the money we all tolerate.

I kid because I love. keep up the good work.

#105 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Congrats on 300.

#106 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

Congrats on #300. Wombat talking about loving to eat his own doody almost made me choke on a french fry and wreck my car... :)
Posted Image

#107 koruwa

koruwa

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Haha, I feel sorry for you Shipwreck. I got tix for the Giants and had to suffer through 2 awful games.

Capitalization is the difference between I helped my uncle Jack off a horse and I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

#108 letsgetacid

letsgetacid

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Congrats on 300.

Is the tune from Xenophobe?

6pnk7d.jpg

#109 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Congrats on episode 300, guys. It's always fun to hear about the show highlights, like Wombat's Gamer Spotlight, and Cheapy passing out after pooping.

#110 oregonjon

oregonjon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

I probably don't spend enough time in the forums to see when shady shit goes down (or fun trade-in exploits). Anyone care to explain it to me?

#111 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

I probably don't spend enough time in the forums to see when shady shit goes down (or fun trade-in exploits). Anyone care to explain it to me?

As you've probably noticed, when you post an Amazon link, it automatically switches it to the CAG affiliate link. There was a case a few years back where some guy found a way to bypass that and insert his own affiliate link instead (He was doing it on a few other sites too). While Cheapy was busy moderating this guy's posts, he somehow discovered that the guy was actually an Amazon employee, so Cheapy gave him an ultimatum: "Stop pulling this shit, or I'll reveal your identity to your bosses at Amazon, who will most likely fire and sue you." (Paraphrasing here)

Needless to say, the guy immediately stopped.

EDIT: Never mind, not what you were referring to, still an interesting story though.

#112 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

There was no shady shit or exploits; Amazon's trade in values for some older games and consoles went higher than they should have been, so we traded in our games. It was like this for weeks, and now Amazon is just being a crybaby bitch about it.

Oh well, get your shit together, Amazon.

#113 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Congrats on 300. My guess is Starcraft. 2

#114 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Is the contest over? Should let us know or give us a hint. I still have absolutely no clue to even muster a guess.

#115 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Lemmings's version of Mozart's Rondo alla Turk?

Batsugunner.png

#116 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Incoming EME!!!
10/10

Thanks for the CAGCast.

Congrats on 300. I feel old :(

#117 Jasper Kazai

Jasper Kazai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

Grats on 300, guys. I've only started to listen since #262, but it's become a part of my week now. Here's to many more.

Cheapy, I wholeheartedly disagree with putting batteries in the PlayStation controller. The fact that the controller doesn't have batteries is, to me, a huge reason why I prefer the PS3 to the 360. If you were to ask me some reasons why I like the PS3, the battery-less controller would be in the top 3 points. I hate having to have batteries. Adding batteries to the controller would be a step backwards, in my opinion.

The firing of Jared at ScrewAttack took everyone by surprise there. It was completely unexpected. Nothing led up to it, it just happened. The original statement (by Jared himself) was that it was a "mutual agreement." But it was obvious to me that he was fired, and he later posted on his FB that it wasn't his decision at all. Craig got kind of angry that Jared said that, but I mean... come on. Clearly Jared just said that originally to avoid drama, but the drama occurred anyways (before he clearly stated that he was let go). I know I wouldn't be happy if I was fired under any circumstances, so I don't blame Jared for saying that. There was no indication that Jared was "losing focus" on ScrewAttack - he was still very active in the content there. It must've been something behind the scenes. But, enough of that. That's neither here nor there.

Great episode! Cheapy being Wombat was pretty funny. If episode 200 was the classic Kazoo, I'd say Shipwrecks official entrance was maybe around 165 or 185.

Your PS3 complaints have been fixed, some tips:

Spoiler

Ah, thank you. I'd thought that no one would agree with me that the complaints were... not good. I imagine that they have to be using WiFi, not ethernet. I've never had issues with PS3's downloads using ethernet. It's not slow for me.
I don't have PS+ myself, so downloading firmware can be a pain. But... I'd rather deal with that than 360's overall bullshit. That's just me. To each his own, I suppose.

Edited by Jasper Kazai, 13 October 2012 - 04:59 AM.

#118 celegus

celegus

Kupo for Kupo Nuts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

Man I can't get that song out of my head, it's driving me crazy! Really sounds like something 8-bit, maybe a puzzle game... Dr. Mario?

#119 Krathicus

Krathicus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

Congrats on the 300th episode! I have been downloading the CAG cast awhile now and really enjoy them. Look forward to them every week! Don't post on the forums too much but really enjoy the CAG cast!

As for the song, it sounds kind of like the Legend of Grimrock theme.

Edited by Krathicus, 13 October 2012 - 05:09 AM.
Grammar

#120 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Grats on 300, guys. I've only started to listen since #262, but it's become a part of my week now. Here's to many more.

Cheapy, I wholeheartedly disagree with putting batteries in the PlayStation controller. The fact that the controller doesn't have batteries is, to me, a huge reason why I prefer the PS3 to the 360. If you were to ask me some reasons why I like the PS3, the battery-less controller would be in the top 3 points. I hate having to have batteries. Adding batteries to the controller would be a step backwards, in my opinion.

I agree. The 360 pad would be better if it had an internal battery that lasted as long as the one in the Dual Shock 3, instead of a huge protruding lump on the back of the controller where AAs go to die. And the official MS rechargeable battery packs are even worse than Duracells.

I guess I should just shell out the cash for Eneloops because Microsoft couldn't put a decent Li-ion battery inside their wireless controller.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg