CAGcast #300: EME

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#121 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

And the official MS rechargeable battery packs are even worse than Duracells.

As long as I can instantly swap in a freshly charged pack, I don't really care. PS3 you either need to swap to a different controller or pull out a long USB cable to continue playing.

#122 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Congrats on Tree Hundred guys! You'll always suck at games.... :p
Spoiler

#123 Duck in a Pond

Duck in a Pond

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Congrats guys on 300 episodes! Been listening since January 2010 with my brother!

#124 Luigi01

Luigi01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

Congrats on 300 guys!

#125 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

Cheapy: I use the "Delete intro movies" trick on pretty much every game, it's great.

And don't let Wombat and Shipwreck raz you just because they don't know what FOV is. I don't see what's so mockery-worthy about bending games to your will! That's what PC gaming is all about: making them look and play how you want them to.

#126 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

Many adjust FOV so they don't feel sick in fps games. The occasional fps game has given me a sick feeling or a headache and from what I read the FOV setting is why. Adjust it and sickness can go away. Something about a certain FOV causes the brain to sense too much of an imbalance in the movement on the screen with the non-movement outside the screen. And this makes some sick or gives them a headache etc. I looked into this quite a bit many years ago.

Funny to hear Cheapie already getting deep into pcgaming with his "hacks." I'm back into pcgaming too the past year, but haven't got back into the hacks much. As I get older just have less tolerance for spending time on that sht. Also seems to take longer for me to look that sht up nowadays.

#127 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

I agree. The 360 pad would be better if it had an internal battery that lasted as long as the one in the Dual Shock 3, instead of a huge protruding lump on the back of the controller where AAs go to die. And the official MS rechargeable battery packs are even worse than Duracells.

I guess I should just shell out the cash for Eneloops because Microsoft couldn't put a decent Li-ion battery inside their wireless controller.

4 Eneloops and a charger is much better than an internal battery that you never know is charged or not.

#128 Jasper Kazai

Jasper Kazai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

4 Eneloops and a charger is much better than an internal battery that you never know is charged or not.

It has an indication on the PS3... Well, whatever. I much prefer the internal battery, but I guess it's not everyone's thing. I'd just rather not have to buy batteries and/or a rechargeable one or a station or whatever.

#129 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

It has an indication on the PS3... Well, whatever. I much prefer the internal battery, but I guess it's not everyone's thing. I'd just rather not have to buy batteries and/or a rechargeable one or a station or whatever.

The 360 controllers also have an indicator if you press the guide button.

#130 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

If 360 batteries die while you're playing a game, you just throw some new ones in and keep going.

If your PS3 controller dies while you're playing a game, what do you do? Plug it in? The charging cable that comes with the PS3 is about 2 feet long. Good luck with that.

#131 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

What I really hate is the lightshow on a 360 controller when it gets to around 1/3 of a charge. It'll still play for hours, but all those blinking lights drive me nuts.

#132 aerotive

aerotive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

What I really hate is the lightshow on a 360 controller when it gets to around 1/3 of a charge. It'll still play for hours, but all those blinking lights drive me nuts.

I have to change them out immediately when that starts. Annoying to no end.

#133 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

My favorite moment in the past 300 episodes is that part where you guys said dumb things and then people yelled at you in the corresponding thread.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#134 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

Congrats to 300 episodes guys! CAGcast was the first podcast I listened to many years ago. I always loved the humor and personalities on the show!

#135 Icedus

Icedus

Starpointer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Personally, I think this secondhand method of recalling bits from old episodes is more fun.

#136 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Personally, I think this secondhand method of recalling bits from old episodes is more fun.

I agree, I skip clip shows.

#137 arimajinn

arimajinn

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Congrats to 300 episodes!!
CheapyD I know u like War of the Roses you should try Chivalry Medieval Warfare.

#138 joyce_181502

joyce_181502

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

So did anyone correctly guess the MOBA song yet?

I know I've heard it before (possibly in some RPG / fantasy game?) and the answer is driving me nuts.

#139 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

So did anyone correctly guess the MOBA song yet?

I know I've heard it before (possibly in some RPG / fantasy game?) and the answer is driving me nuts.

It's almost an obsession. I can't stop hearing it in my head. The last thought I had is that it is "Ride of the Valkyries." But, I didnt think it could be that butchered.

#140 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Romance of the Three Kingdoms.Shot in the dark.

#141 200STM

200STM

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

I am guessing tribes cheapyd. I am happy the CAGcast has reached 300! everypony here would like to say thanks for all that you, shipwreck, wombat and mrs. shipwreck! also thanks for the special guest who appeared on the show (I myself got to be in the podcast with the best deals question that I asked at the blackfriday show of 2010). I look forward to more podcast! Woo Hoo you rock!

#142 joyce_181502

joyce_181502

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

RE: MOBA
I want to say it's some XBLA thing like "Dust: An Elysian Tail" or "Puzzle Quest"