A few discussion topics to start things out:
- Tell us about some of your cool moments (do it as spoiler free as possible)
- I heard this game was designed to be moddable. True/false/more info?
- Tips and tricks?
A couple of things I noticed:
- There seems to be some anti-save cheating code that greatly lowers your chances of succeeding a skill check after you load a save.
Basically to keep you from saving/reloading until you succeed at a shot. If you have a 100% success rate in what you're doing, it doesn't seem to affect that. So you can use this to essentially "take back" a turn to do something else that's guaranteed (kind of like undoing a turn in chess) but not to succeed at a shot you missed the first time around.
- Things move faster if you skip the tutorial.
On my second game when I didn't use the tutorial, harder enemy types appeared much earlier in the game. I think it's because there's no tutorial stages, etc, but I'm not 100% sure.
- Capturing enemies with the arc thrower gives you intact alien weapons when you capture an enemy.
It's not just for the interrogation's purposes. You can get plasma early in the game (though you can't equip it until researching it later). But you can sell those or save them, which is monetarily amazing.
- It's generally safe to sell alien corpses after researching them.
Seems like they're only used to construct the one-time use modules, which I'm not too fond of.