Target: PS3 Dual Pack: Yakuza: Dead Souls & Binary Domain $29.99 (YMMV)

Kaiser499

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Saw this posted on a forum so I don't know how true this is but I figured I would post it incase people were interested. Apparently Target has a PS3 Dual Pack of Yakuza: Dead Souls & Binary Domain for $29.99.

These two games are great especially for $30.00 for both of them and I'd recommend picking them up if you don't have them already.

large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Two games i don't own! Nice. However, I'm sure this is not something that is carried at all targets (unless it's a new bundle). I see only certain criteria stores carrying this

Seems kind of like a weird combination. I have been waiting for Binary Domain (new or used) to hit $10 forever. That game has held it's value longer than many games for whatever reason (I know it's not due to popularity).

Woah, I'm interested in this. Is it in a single DVD case? Or is it actually both retail games just plastic wrapped together?

this is true i work at target noticed it this morning while scanning outs but we don't have it instock yet not sure when we'll get it in.

I don't have either of these and they are both on my want list! I might jump on this. If Target does a Buy 2 Get 1 free on $30 or less games, I'll be all over this. I wonder if there are other double packs?

I'm guessing it's the two games shrink wrapped side by side. My Target also had a two pack of Red Faction Armageddon and Warhammer for $30, Top Spin 4 and MLB2K, and a couple other packs I can't remember.

[quote name='Gosha']Is it just PS3?[/QUOTE]

Well, since Dead Souls was never released on the 360 (which has already been mentioned in this thread) I would assume the answer to your question is NO.

This is a really interesting bundle, if I see it will be hard to resist.

Although I really SHOULDN"T considering I already have unopened copies of Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 4, and have had them for a really long time. (over a year)

[quote name='hashiriya1']Well, since Dead Souls was never released on the 360 (which has already been mentioned in this thread) I would assume the answer to your question is NO.[/QUOTE]

You mean YES, yes?

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Seems kind of like a weird combination. I have been waiting for Binary Domain (new or used) to hit $10 forever. That game has held it's value longer than many games for whatever reason (I know it's not due to popularity).[/QUOTE]
I think they are both Sega games.

I found this at the East side Madison, WI location. I saw two other 2-packs, one of which was Thor + Tekken ? (I want to say 5, but I don't remember). Thanks OP, I've wanted to get Yakuza DS at a cheap price for a while now, and Binary Domain is just icing on the cake. I never would have seen this if it wasn't for your post.

:shock: Time to trade in the copy of Dead Souls I bought from Gamefly (also for $15), as I've been waiting a while for Binary Domain to drop and $15 for both sounds like a sweet deal. Thanks, OP.

Thanks OP.
I've seen them do this with Wii games but never on ps3 or 360. Gonna start looking for this

[quote name='Squall835']Thanks OP, I've wanted to get Yakuza DS at a cheap price for a while now, and Binary Domain is just icing on the cake. I never would have seen this if it wasn't for your post.[/QUOTE]

Yup, been wanting both for a while now. Just at a really low price. This is good enough for two new games. Though woulda wanted BD on the 360. Can't have everything

I can confirm this since I started working at Target last Monday. There are 4 different versions of the 2in1 games for the PS3. I don't remember them since I wasn't interested in them while scanning them and putting them in stock. I never saw any for the 360 though.

[quote name='Squall835']I found this at the East side Madison, WI location. I saw two other 2-packs, one of which was Thor + Tekken ? (I want to say 5, but I don't remember). Thanks OP, I've wanted to get Yakuza DS at a cheap price for a while now, and Binary Domain is just icing on the cake. I never would have seen this if it wasn't for your post.[/QUOTE]

its tekken 6, tekken 5 dr is digital only. there is an psp ver of tekken 5 dr but you are talking about ps3 i assume.

nice deal op too bad I own binary domain already and I brought an used copy of yakuza 4 today XD :lol:

Too bad that many people will play the Yakuza series for the first time starting with Dead Souls - it's the weakest entry in what I consider to be one of the best gaming franchises ever.

Saying that, Dead Souls is still fairly fun and Binary Domain is great.

[quote name='haku67']its tekken 6, tekken 5 dr is digital only. there is an psp ver of tekken 5 dr but you are talking about ps3 i assume.

nice deal op too bad I own binary domain already and I brought an used copy of yakuza 4 today XD :lol:[/QUOTE]

You know yakuza 4 and yakuza dead souls are do different games right? Not being a Dick, just wondering.

[quote name='shadowkast']You know yakuza 4 and yakuza dead souls are do different games right? Not being a Dick, just wondering.[/QUOTE]

No its cool.
Yeah I do know the difference lol its just I have Yakuza 3 to finish and 4 to start. so I wouldn't be able to get to Yakuza deal souls for awhile if I got it. Plus I got other games I need to play and finish as well lol

[quote name='haku67']No its cool.
Yeah I do know the difference lol its just I have Yakuza 3 to finish and 4 to start. so I wouldn't be able to get to Yakuza deal souls for awhile if I got it. Plus I got other games I need to play and finish as well lol[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, same here. Picked up 4 last black Friday but have yet to finish 3 from who knows how long ago. I want to like the series but i just have a really hard time getting into them. I think I'm 30-40% through each of the first three games

Just got back from Target and was going to post about this deal when I saw the thread. I picked up the Binary 2 pack but I did see a total of three different packs on the shelf in the Ps3 section: Yakuza Dead Souls/Binary Domain, Thor/Tekken 6, and Ben 10/Happy Feet 2. Each pack is $29.99 and my Target had 2 of each in stock. I also saw a Thor/Iron Man 2 (I feel sorry for the kid that gets that for Christmas :( ) two-pack for the Xbox for $29.99 but nothing else in the 360 section.

I do not know if there is anyway to manipulate Target's online SKU checker but the SKU for the Binary/Yakuza 2 pack is 207-24-1721 if anyone wants to check and see if their Target has any instock.

I found one of these as well. Great deal! Even though I already beat Binary Domain on 360. I've been wanting Dead Souls since I finished 3 and 4.

[quote name='rant']Just got back from Target and was going to post about this deal when I saw the thread. I picked up the Binary 2 pack but I did see a total of three different packs on the shelf in the Ps3 section: Yakuza Dead Souls/Binary Domain, Thor/Tekken 6, and Ben 10/Happy Feet 2. Each pack is $29.99 and my Target had 2 of each in stock. I also saw a Thor/Iron Man 2 (I feel sorry for the kid that gets that for Christmas :( ) two-pack for the Xbox for $29.99 but nothing else in the 360 section.

I do not know if there is anyway to manipulate Target's online SKU checker but the SKU for the Binary/Yakuza 2 pack is 207-24-1721 if anyone wants to check and see if their Target has any instock.[/QUOTE]

Let's see so far there are 5 of these double packs mentioned, 4 mentioned in the quote. I'm guessing from here that the 5th one being Top Spin 4/ MLB 2K11

Also this 5th bundle can be found here: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/top-spin-4-mlb-2k11-2-pack/103155

I hope my local Targets gets more of these Yakuza: Dead Souls/Binary Domain bundles next week that's when I get paid.

[quote name='Kenshindono']where are these? Ive seen 360 packs but never ps3 ones at any of my stores

^_^x kD[/QUOTE]
The Wii double packs are on the shelf under the display of games. So maybe that's where these are located

[quote name='shadowkast']The Wii double packs are on the shelf under the display of games. So maybe that's where these are located[/QUOTE]

The 2 packs were located with the rest of the ps3 games at my store.

[quote name='tuffguycore']$15 a pop was my price point, so here's hoping my Target has/gets these in stock.[/QUOTE]

$14.99 each on Newegg. I was going to search my local targets, but now I don't have to.

I also considered buying both (just the same as the double pack), but decided just to bite on Yakuza: Dead Souls. I have a large backlog of games to catch up on, so probably better just to get the PS3 exclusive now (this game looks so fun though, that I'm putting it at the top of my backlog).

Binary Domain is on steam, so I feel like that I will be able to pickup for like $5 during a steam sale.

just went to 2 targets and nothing, one of them said he just shipped these packs away to the warehouse since no one was buying them. damn it

I didn't want to chance not finding this at Target so I went ahead and ordered on NewEgg. I'll have to wait a few days, but that is fine.

Interesting note that you can trade these in for a total of $30 at Best Buy with their 50% bonus right now ... So, if you have time to play the quick, it's a great deal. I've been wanting to play Binary Domain for awhile.

After finding out about Binary Domain and Yakuza Dead Souls on sale at Newegg, I just bought it there. Saved me from paying tax and driving to Target. Thanks anyways OP.

If anyone is having trouble finding this, I found it in the plastic prisons with all the other games behind what looked like a regular copy of yakuza dead souls.

Thanks OP, picked this up while I was at Target for some household stuff tonight. Didn't have any demo games out, just a sticker with the title and the $29.99 price, couldn't really see the games behind the plastic. Hilariously, Binary Domain was by itself, two rows below, still for $39.99.

bread's done
Back