Photo
- - - - -

Target: PS3 Dual Pack: Yakuza: Dead Souls & Binary Domain $29.99 (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 rant

rant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

Just got back from Target and was going to post about this deal when I saw the thread. I picked up the Binary 2 pack but I did see a total of three different packs on the shelf in the Ps3 section: Yakuza Dead Souls/Binary Domain, Thor/Tekken 6, and Ben 10/Happy Feet 2. Each pack is $29.99 and my Target had 2 of each in stock. I also saw a Thor/Iron Man 2 (I feel sorry for the kid that gets that for Christmas :( ) two-pack for the Xbox for $29.99 but nothing else in the 360 section.

I do not know if there is anyway to manipulate Target's online SKU checker but the SKU for the Binary/Yakuza 2 pack is 207-24-1721 if anyone wants to check and see if their Target has any instock.

#32 darkskill

darkskill

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

I found one of these as well. Great deal! Even though I already beat Binary Domain on 360. I've been wanting Dead Souls since I finished 3 and 4.

#33 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Just got back from Target and was going to post about this deal when I saw the thread. I picked up the Binary 2 pack but I did see a total of three different packs on the shelf in the Ps3 section: Yakuza Dead Souls/Binary Domain, Thor/Tekken 6, and Ben 10/Happy Feet 2. Each pack is $29.99 and my Target had 2 of each in stock. I also saw a Thor/Iron Man 2 (I feel sorry for the kid that gets that for Christmas :( ) two-pack for the Xbox for $29.99 but nothing else in the 360 section.

I do not know if there is anyway to manipulate Target's online SKU checker but the SKU for the Binary/Yakuza 2 pack is 207-24-1721 if anyone wants to check and see if their Target has any instock.

Let's see so far there are 5 of these double packs mentioned, 4 mentioned in the quote. I'm guessing from here that the 5th one being Top Spin 4/ MLB 2K11

Also this 5th bundle can be found here: http://www.gamestop....1-2-pack/103155

I hope my local Targets gets more of these Yakuza: Dead Souls/Binary Domain bundles next week that's when I get paid.

#34 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

Is this just a target deal? Or is target just selling first.

#35 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

where are these? Ive seen 360 packs but never ps3 ones at any of my stores

^_^x kD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#36 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

where are these? Ive seen 360 packs but never ps3 ones at any of my stores

^_^x kD

The Wii double packs are on the shelf under the display of games. So maybe that's where these are located

#37 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Newegg currently has both titles on sale for $14.99 individually with free shipping, :360: Binary Domain included:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=329929
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#38 rant

rant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

The Wii double packs are on the shelf under the display of games. So maybe that's where these are located

The 2 packs were located with the rest of the ps3 games at my store.

#39 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

jumped in on neweggs deal for dead souls, I'm a big yakuza fan!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#40 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Yes yes yes!

Yes for Hell No! I mean yes for this package and hoping I find one.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#41 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

$15 a pop was my price point, so here's hoping my Target has/gets these in stock.

#42 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

$15 a pop was my price point, so here's hoping my Target has/gets these in stock.

$14.99 each on Newegg. I was going to search my local targets, but now I don't have to.

I also considered buying both (just the same as the double pack), but decided just to bite on Yakuza: Dead Souls. I have a large backlog of games to catch up on, so probably better just to get the PS3 exclusive now (this game looks so fun though, that I'm putting it at the top of my backlog).

Binary Domain is on steam, so I feel like that I will be able to pickup for like $5 during a steam sale.

#43 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Newegg currently has both titles on sale for $14.99 individually with free shipping, :360: Binary Domain included:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=329929

Thanks! Now I don't have to look for the double pack and I'll just get Binary Domain (:ps3:). :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#44 spiderman8576

spiderman8576

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

just went to 2 targets and nothing, one of them said he just shipped these packs away to the warehouse since no one was buying them. damn it

#45 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

I didn't want to chance not finding this at Target so I went ahead and ordered on NewEgg. I'll have to wait a few days, but that is fine.

#46 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Interesting note that you can trade these in for a total of $30 at Best Buy with their 50% bonus right now ... So, if you have time to play the quick, it's a great deal. I've been wanting to play Binary Domain for awhile.

#47 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

After finding out about Binary Domain and Yakuza Dead Souls on sale at Newegg, I just bought it there. Saved me from paying tax and driving to Target. Thanks anyways OP.
Posted Image

#48 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

If anyone is having trouble finding this, I found it in the plastic prisons with all the other games behind what looked like a regular copy of yakuza dead souls.

#49 redwolf

redwolf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Thanks OP, picked this up while I was at Target for some household stuff tonight. Didn't have any demo games out, just a sticker with the title and the $29.99 price, couldn't really see the games behind the plastic. Hilariously, Binary Domain was by itself, two rows below, still for $39.99.

#50 gravel

gravel

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

Thanks OP, picked this up while I was at Target for some household stuff tonight. Didn't have any demo games out, just a sticker with the title and the $29.99 price, couldn't really see the games behind the plastic. Hilariously, Binary Domain was by itself, two rows below, still for $39.99.

Same here, thanks OP!

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Diablo III, Skylanders Swap Force, The Puppeteer
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway

#51 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

If anyone is having trouble finding this, I found it in the plastic prisons with all the other games behind what looked like a regular copy of yakuza dead souls.

This. Check behind the regular PS3 section. I finally found a copy behind a blank PS3 section at the edge of the PS3 games. I was originally looking on the bottom shelves for the side by side bundles. This is two games stacked on top of eachother with a special binding on it, so look for it there guys

^_^x kD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#52 rant

rant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

This. Check behind the regular PS3 section. I finally found a copy behind a blank PS3 section at the edge of the PS3 games. I was originally looking on the bottom shelves for the side by side bundles. This is two games stacked on top of eachother with a special binding on it, so look for it there guys

^_^x kD

Same at my target. The games where on the top shelf of the ps3 section and behind an empty case. I guess they do not have a dummy face plate they can use to tag the ps3 games.

#53 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Same here at my Target as well. Found three copies on the top shelf behind an empty case. Picked up a copy for myself. Thanks OP!

#54 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

Looked for this at my local Target today, and they said they never got it. They did have the same crappy Wii 2-packs that they've had for a while. I ordered both games from Newegg yesterday, so I suppose it's a moot point.

#55 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Seems kind of like a weird combination. I have been waiting for Binary Domain (new or used) to hit $10 forever. That game has held it's value longer than many games for whatever reason (I know it's not due to popularity).

Not weird at all, same development team and publisher. There's even DLC to play as Yakuza characters in Binary Domain.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#56 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Not weird at all, same development team and publisher. There's even DLC to play as Yakuza characters in Binary Domain.

Is this DLC even available in the U.S. version yet? Might have to check the PS store later. Instant buy if so!

#57 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

Picked this up today. As expected, the games were behind an empty case, probably three copies total.

Psyched to play them! Thanks OP!

#58 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hmm, there's zero DLC for Binary Domain on the U.S. PSN store.
And the only DLC for Yakuza is some lame t-shirt...it's free though.

#59 JohnnySako

JohnnySako

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

Thanks OP! And thanks for the comments that the games were locked in the shelf. Picked this up last weekend.

Haven't started BD yet, but I'm really enjoying Yakuza: Dead Souls so far. I learned quick that you don't need to clear out the zombies in each area before you move on. The ventilation systems are chock full of them...=)