• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

guess this is the best forum to ask in:

I never trade games in. Im a collector so i really have no need to do so. I traded in a few PS1 games back in the day that i deeply regret doing in retrospect. Anyway, i wound up with a 2nd open copy of Skyrim. My cousin left it at my house and when i told him he told me to just keep it.

I figure i may as well trade it in and get a few bucks for it while its still worth something. Im assuming its price will drop as soon as the GOTY edition is announced. The problem is i have no experience with trade ins. How do i find the general value of it? I am also wondering where to trade it in. Odds are Best Buy or Gamestop will be the best bet, but i hear Amazon does it too now. Most importantly though, what do you have to trade in? Id like to keep the case and stuff. I think at Gamestop you can trade just the game in, what about Best Buy?

Hopefully someone can clarify this for me. I should trade it in soon id imagine. I was also wondering if theres any promos going. I heard something about a trade in bonus at Best Buy recently but i dont know if thats over

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#2 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

For Skyrim your best value for a trade in is going to be best buy right now.
They are giving a $20 base plus 50% for their promo, if your a member for @gamer you get an extra 10%, not worth signing up up though ($15/yr) unless you buy games for BBY alot, and like to preorder (if you preorder most games you get a $20 gift certificate with this program)

Best buy will take the disc alone for full value, gamestop will not, You have to call for their trade in price, amazon will you $27 for case and all.

Total $30 Store Credit Best Buy Best Value

Otherwise Ebay will get you cash with auction
www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_dcat=139973&Platform=Microsoft%2520Xbox%2520360&LH_ItemCondition=4&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=skyrim&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc
Goes for about $35 paypal, but you have to ship it, etc and ebay takes a 7-9% cut, little more hassle but you get paypal instead of a giftcard which you can spend anywhere essentially.

With holiday sales next month i'd go with bby easier, and your bound to buy something during the sales.
Posted Image

#3 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

so $30 is what i would get at BBY right now? Thats not too shabby. Would it be even more since im a @gamer member? sounds like it would be 60% instead of 50% right? How longs this promo going through? I was probably gonna go do it this weekend if its going through sunday at least.

I find it strange that Gamestop wouldn't take it without the case/manual.. are you SURE? They sell games without them all the time, theyd be the place i would think id have the least hassle of trading it in. Still if BBY definitely takes it without the case that would be the better bet since i buy stuff there more often than at GS.

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#4 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

I find it strange that Gamestop wouldn't take it without the case/manual.. are you SURE? They sell games without them all the time, theyd be the place i would think id have the least hassle of trading it in. Still if BBY definitely takes it without the case that would be the better bet since i buy stuff there more often than at GS.

^_^x KD

My Gamestop will take a disc only. I think any of them will.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#5 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

My Gamestop will take a disc only. I think any of them will.

this. but F gamestop. the best buy deal is pretty good right now.

just trade it on here for something!:applause:

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#6 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

so $30 is what i would get at BBY right now? Thats not too shabby. Would it be even more since im a @gamer member? sounds like it would be 60% instead of 50% right? How longs this promo going through? I was probably gonna go do it this weekend if its going through sunday at least.

^_^x KD

you have to be a gamer unlocked member to get an extra 10%, not just a regular gamer member. It costs $15 to sign up for it.

#7 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Gamestop will take it but they will take a cut off the trade in value. Also another suggestion as stated is trying to sell it in the trade thread.
Posted Image

#8 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Gamestop will take it but they will take a cut off the trade in value. Also another suggestion as stated is trying to sell it in the trade thread.

They don't always take a percentage off for disc/cart only games at GS. It just depends on whether or not the cashier you get is a douchenozzle or not if they hit it with a refurb fee.

When I was trading stuff into them, I found that if you promised them at least a single pre-order deposit for $5 they would completely forget that your game was disc/cart only.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#9 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

you have to be a gamer unlocked member to get an extra 10%, not just a regular gamer member. It costs $15 to sign up for it.

ya i am @gamer unlocked. I guess i said @gamer member i thought that was the same thing. I have a subscription to the magazine.

So i just checked with GS and they said id get about $20 bucks + the 10% for my membership deal. Sounds like BB is the way to go. THey said you dont need a case either.

I just need to verify that you can turn it in to BBY without the case/manual. Since i only have MY case and manual, and not the one for the game my cousin left. I cant find anything about their policy regarding it online. I do see in the BBY trade in thread that it says it should be fine though. Anyone had any problems with it before? I guess i'll try to hit them up this evening to see if i can trade it in for $30. Im just concerned because my gaming department is full of idiots now that all the seasoned people have left/transferred =(

^_^x KD
\-Clicky Here-\

#10 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

got $32 bucks for it at BBY! thanks guys.
\-Clicky Here-\