Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

• Please log in to reply
9300 replies to this topic

#271 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

yes, no packaging means acceptable rating 99% of the time.

I also have the plastic stand and the red card...I only throw aways the plastic packaging that I need to cut for open the controller.

#272 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

A first for me: I got credit on a game I sent it, and the tracker on both Amazon and UPS says it left California this morning. It usually takes 3 to 5 days to send games to them from California.

It also got upgraded to good from acceptable, even though it was card-only. The game was Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation from the white Vita bundle.

:?::?::?:

#273 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

^ A first for me also. I sent in a cart only :ds:Trion Cube that was delivered on 12/21, but is still showing not received/ in transit. I chatted with them today and they gave me a $16 promo credit. I guess their screw ups benifit us when the condition of lost items can't be determined.

#274 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

In case anyone had forgotten about this deal, I received my $3 trade-in promo bonus from ordering Assassin's Creed III during that one day Amazon sale this morning. Comes as a code, must be redeemed by 2/11.

#275 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

My Nintendo Wii got rejected for "major discoloration". It was in like new condition, had the box, all manuals, and accessories.

They also rejected a Brand New and Sealed DVD for "severe damage". I had sent them two in identical condition but they only accepted one. It was sent in a box so there is no way it got damaged.

I marked both trades as do not return but they are sending it back anyway. Wouldn't even give me reduced condition price.

#276 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

My Nintendo Wii got rejected for "major discoloration". It was in like new condition, had the box, all manuals, and accessories.

They also rejected a Brand New and Sealed DVD for "severe damage". I had sent them two in identical condition but they only accepted one. It was sent in a box so there is no way it got damaged.

I marked both trades as do not return but they are sending it back anyway. Wouldn't even give me reduced condition price.

I was shot down for my Wii as well...ended up trading it in at Estarland. They'll take everything with a slight reduction for missing boxes and such, but if you've got the boxes, I'd go for it. The downside is trade-in credit isn't obviously as good there as Amazon and their prices are MSRP but at least you can get something for it. (I think I basically traded it for a new copy of Bioshock Infinite, lol -- but it was better than nothing!). Also, I believe if you trade in a console they will give you a UPS prepaid label to ship it on their expense.

#277 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

So for some reason I decided to pull up the trade-in page from back in October 2012 when things got crazy and Amazon was offering $30 on alot of random titles.

Hoo boy I shouldn't have. I'm realizing now a few titles (Mainly Nintendo stuff) is often going for twice that in the condition I was offering them in.

Ah well, I guess I didn't do too poorly considering it was all accepted without issue (after all, just because I list something for sale doesn't mean it would sell) and since Amazon didn't take a cut of anything.

That's what is helping me sleep at night anyway.

oIi9lub.png

#278 Hyperlancer

Hyperlancer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

My AC Liberation got rejected for good condition because it was missing a manual that doesn't exist. Can't even make that shit up.

#279 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

My AC Liberation got rejected for good condition because it was missing a manual that doesn't exist. Can't even make that shit up.

This is why you include a sticky-note or piece of paper where the instruction manual might be that says "Hello, Playstation Vita games don't include instruction manuals. Thank you." I was worried about this happening when I wanted to trade in Uncharted: Golden Abyss, but I was told to do that by some CAGs and the trade went through without a hitch.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#280 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

In case anyone had forgotten about this deal, I received my $3 trade-in promo bonus from ordering Assassin's Creed III during that one day Amazon sale this morning. Comes as a code, must be redeemed by 2/11.

Anyone else get this email about the $3 trade-in promo?

#281 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Yes I got mine too. I'd say it was a week after the trade was accepted.

#282 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Yeah, I also got the $3 credit email.

I just used the $3 to reorder the standard edition of Hyrule Historia for $16.43 after cancelling my $19.43 preorder.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#283 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for the responses. Hmm... I never got an email and I've already sent (4) trade-ins. I guess I'll contact Amazon.

#284 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for the responses. Hmm... I never got an email and I've already sent (4) trade-ins. I guess I'll contact Amazon.

Were those trade-ins accepted?

Cloud_Squall78.png

#285 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Were those trade-ins accepted?

Three were accepted. My fourth one is processing. I just checked also but there was no "extra" credit added to any of them.

#286 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

My two National Geographics processed. One was downgraded to 21.00. That's complete bullshit, while gutted, they were certainly in great shape. Still better than getting it returned outside of the return window, I guess.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#287 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Three were accepted. My fourth one is processing. I just checked also but there was no "extra" credit added to any of them.

You don't get "extra" credit added to a trade--the email contains a promo code you can enter to take $3 off your next Amazon purchase.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#288 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Amazon trade in values are total crap now. They make GameStop and Best Buy look like champs.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#289 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

You just have to hit the right flip at the right time is all.

#290 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Amazon trade in values are total crap now. They make GameStop and Best Buy look like champs.

In general, yes, they're crap, but every now and then some profitable trade-in values pop up; you just have to be vigilant.

Cases in point: Peter Jackson's King Kong (:360:) for $20; National Geographic Challenge (:wii:) for $30; The Hobbit (:xbox:) for $30.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#291 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

They were great a few months ago when all those old ps1, N64 and OG Xbox games were getting $30 each.

#292 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

They were great a few months ago when all those old ps1, N64 and OG Xbox games were getting $30 each.

Man I really wish that would come back xD
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#293 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

me too, i'm still running off credit i received from that lol :bouncy:

#294 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Go check the tracker. There was another weird big jump this afternoon/evening - it's mostly rare stuff, but there's a couple gems in there.

Edit: It seems a couple of the gems are rare too - I've found some at a local gamestop but barely seems worth the drive.

#295 io

io

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Funny, to me the highlight was the GC and GBA game values, which you didn't even mention. That was all I traded. And then there's the ones I didn't trade but were made aware of their value because of the high value on Amazon. On eBay I sold my used Fire Emblem Sacred Stones for $40 (was only $22 at Amazon I think), sealed SMA:SMB2 for $50 (I think that one was low $20's too), sealed Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past for $100 (not even sure that had a high value on Amazon), sealed FF VI Advance for $100, and sealed Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland for $60 (that one was $30 and I almost sent it to Amazon). I bought all of those games with the intention of playing them back when the GBA was the current "state of the art" handheld. But I realized I would never get to them so I sent several others in to Amazon and sold these. I also traded and sold some Gamecube stuff. E.g., I got $55 for Shadow the Hedgehog by selling it on Amazon (instead of trading it for $20).

As for the current values, I wish I could get $21 for Nat Geo - I locked it in when it was $20 so I'm expecting the downgraded value of $16 even though it was near mint.

Edited by io, 06 January 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#296 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

Go check the tracker. There was another weird big jump this afternoon/evening - it's mostly rare stuff, but there's a couple gems in there.

Edit: It seems a couple of the gems are rare too - I've found some at a local gamestop but barely seems worth the drive.

Sorry, what tracker are you referring to? Thanks.

#297 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

sorry, what tracker are you referring to? Thanks.

refer to the FAQ

#298 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

me too, i'm still running off credit i received from that lol :bouncy:

LUCKY. I just used it all on college textbooks :cry:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#299 gamererik

gamererik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

lock now, then if the tiv maintains cancel/relock later to buy more time if needed.

i just got the controllers in the mail should i open them before i send them in?

#300 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

i just got the controllers in the mail should i open them before i send them in?

I wouldn't bother personally. They've never been sticklers about stuff like that.