Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

• Please log in to reply
9385 replies to this topic

#301 gamererik

gamererik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

I wouldn't bother personally. They've never been sticklers about stuff like that.

alright thanks again

#302 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

I always send stuff in sealed

#303 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

yeah im still kicking myself for not trading 9 gamecube games in for $270 total til the last day i talked myself into it and they all went downhill, lol. I see cubivore is still 30 and gotcha force is still 15, but i just cant get myself to pull my collection apart. and even today trading at bestbuy i lost $4 on ac3 by waiting 1 day. proves you snooze you lose.
/sorry for derailing thread.

Edited by Velo214, 08 January 2013 - 11:38 PM.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#304 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

yeah im still kicking myself for not trading 9 gamecube games in for $270 total til the last day i talked myself into it and they all went downhill, lol. I see cubivore is still 30 and gotcha force is still 15, but i just cant get myself to pull my collection apart. and even today trading at bestbuy i lost $4 on ac3 by waiting 1 day. proves you snooze you lose.
/sorry for derailing thread.

gotcha force and cubivore always pop back up to $30 if you wait long enough (like Wind Waker and various Horse Adventure games). Usually you're better off tossing stuff like that on ebay if you're willing to deal with the relative hassle.

#305 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

my ac3 trade in transaction status became 'expired' before it even got processed, wtf?
it was scheduled to arrive today but now theres not even a track your packages button to click. weakkkk.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#306 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

my ac3 trade in transaction status became 'expired' before it even got processed, wtf?
it was scheduled to arrive today but now theres not even a track your packages button to click. weakkkk.

well, was it late?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#307 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

If that was from the gamespot promo bonus (where it was like $38) that was about 24-25 days ago, so that's no big surprise. If not, well, that sucks.

#308 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

nah i shipped it on time. i had tracking info for it up til yesterday. the weird part is amz tracking only showed 2 histories for the week and a half or so. idunno, gonna talk to cs

well, was it late?

now playing:

#309 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

I find that the stuff been getting to KY alot faster then it used to be when it was in NH
and I am on the upper east coast

#310 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

nah i shipped it on time. i had tracking info for it up til yesterday. the weird part is amz tracking only showed 2 histories for the week and a half or so. idunno, gonna talk to cs

yea right, UPS would not take more then 10 days to deliver you item, unless you are mailing your games from Afghanistan, with IEDs blowing up roads delaying transit

Amazon takes at least 2-3 days to process a item once it is received, so obviously you really dropped your item with UPS around the 16-17th day after you had locked your trade

#311 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

amz tracking only showed my drop off and time of departure from local ups warehouse. when i tracked it on ups site it showed the full histories. just talked to cs, it was processed today. nice try newb. know your role.

now playing:

#312 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

amz tracking only showed my drop off and time of departure from local ups warehouse. when i tracked it on ups site it showed the full histories. just talked to cs, it was processed today. nice try newb. know your role.

:applause::applause::applause:

Why don't you post the UPS tracking number then, I can fully bet you did not ship this item within 7 days of locking that trade in... Your item had to have shown movement on DEC 22th..

Yea the item was process to be SENT BACK TO YOU

#313 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Posted Image

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#314 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

There was a shipping issue with my game that I sent out on the last day (7th day) but the UPS had already been there, so it didn't go out until the following Monday (24th I believe). Then they had an issue with a delay somewhere along the route, so it wasn't processed until the 3rd. That was coming from Florida, though, but mine made it there with 6 days to spare being sent out the last day.

There were definitely delays, though. Between the holidays and along the route for some reason.

#315 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

yea right, UPS would not take more then 10 days to deliver you item, unless you are mailing your games from Afghanistan, with IEDs blowing up roads delaying transit

Amazon takes at least 2-3 days to process a item once it is received, so obviously you really dropped your item with UPS around the 16-17th day after you had locked your trade

I have three packages that I sent out on the 28th that still havent gotten there. I have one that arrive thursday and still hasnt gone into processing.

#316 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

this. im in so cal and sent it to the east coast. figure in xmas and new yrs delays/time off and it should make sense.
post my tracking number.. :roll:

There was a shipping issue with my game that I sent out on the last day (7th day) but the UPS had already been there, so it didn't go out until the following Monday (24th I believe). Then they had an issue with a delay somewhere along the route, so it wasn't processed until the 3rd. That was coming from Florida, though, but mine made it there with 6 days to spare being sent out the last day.

There were definitely delays, though. Between the holidays and along the route for some reason.

now playing:

#317 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

post my tracking number.. :roll:

I'm betting its more you going to be proven you are a liar that you ship this item out on time

So :roll: .....all you want :booty:

#318 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

and if you been shipping stuff to trade in before you obviously know the days it takes for the item to reach the factory, and yet you continue to ship the item without planning ahead...

Most people learn from previous experiences... how about you...?

#319 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B000BQL9VC/

This has got to be one of the stranger items available for trade in. I wonder if the servers for the game are even still running.

They accepted The Hobbit for XBox today. I thought for sure it would be rejected since it was never worth the $104 used price sellers on Amazon were asking for the game when the trade in value was $30.

#320 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Hey all, I NEVER have traded in to amazon before and would like some guidance. I have a bunch of old DVDs that seem to be worth a decent amount in trade in credit. In total around 40 or so.

Is it best if I trade them in all at one time or in smaller groups of 2-3? And if I do it as one trade in, am I obligated to use my own packaging and then one giant box?

Also, some of the items are listed several times, with the same stock photo and even same UPC, yet show two different values. What gives?

Edited by Romeo, 09 January 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#321 io

io

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

You have to use your own packaging no matter how many you send in. So that may help decide whether to split it up or not (ie, how many/what size bozes you might have laying around).

Personally, I always like splitting stuff up but not in groups of 2 or 3. I usually send in 5 or 6 max in one submission. But you could certainly send them all in one big box too.

As for the multiple listings with same UPC I have never seen that before. If the UPCs are truly the same, then I guess just use the one with the highest value. I'd also screen capture it just in case.

As for UPS shipping delays recently, they are running a little slow. It took 11 days for my King Kong to get delivered. And Amazon still hasn't acknowledged that. So things are slow on their end as well.

#322 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

You have to use your own packaging no matter how many you send in. So that may help decide whether to split it up or not (ie, how many/what size bozes you might have laying around).

Personally, I always like splitting stuff up but not in groups of 2 or 3. I usually send in 5 or 6 max in one submission. But you could certainly send them all in one big box too.

As for the multiple listings with same UPC I have never seen that before. If the UPCs are truly the same, then I guess just use the one with the highest value. I'd also screen capture it just in case.

Here's an example:

http://www.amazon.co...words=heffalump

and

The first trades in for around $16. The photos are the same, and the rear photo shows the same UPC.

#323 io

io

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Here's an example:

and

The first trades in for around $16. The photos are the same, and the rear photo shows the same UPC.

Ah, but you need to be careful going by the stock photo as I believe those can be put in there by anyone. Which version does the actual UPC bring up when you enter it in Amazon's search entry?

Never mind - did it myself. The $5.90 one comes up when you do that. So that might be a little tricky.

#324 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Ah, but you need to be careful going by the stock photo as I believe those can be put in there by anyone. Which version does the actual UPC bring up when you enter it in Amazon's search entry?

Never mind - did it myself. The $5.90 one comes up when you do that. So that might be a little tricky.

Yeah... I have three DVDs that do that. Of course I'd want the extra $10 but I've never traded anything in before. And my other concern is if I sent in 40 items, if they dispute that one in particular, do they reject the entire trade in or one specific item?

BTW thank you for the help.

#325 io

io

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Yeah... I have three DVDs that do that. Of course I'd want the extra $10 but I've never traded anything in before. And my other concern is if I sent in 40 items, if they dispute that one in particular, do they reject the entire trade in or one specific item?

They would only dispute the one item. But, yeah, 40 is a bit much for one order. Personally, I'd split that up into at least 4 orders. But like I said before, I'd let your availabilty of packing material/boxes drive that. You want to buy as little as possible to maximize your value.

You could always try locking it at the higher value and just see what happens - prepare to have those particular ones rejected, though. At that point you might be able to contact Amazon CS and get credit for them. That's why I said to screen cap the trade-in page.

#326 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

They would only dispute the one item. But, yeah, 40 is a bit much for one order. Personally, I'd split that up into at least 4 orders. But like I said before, I'd let your availabilty of packing material/boxes drive that. You want to buy as little as possible to maximize your value.

You could always try locking it at the higher value and just see what happens - prepare to have those particular ones rejected, though. At that point you might be able to contact Amazon CS and get credit for them. That's why I said to screen cap the trade-in page.

Will do and thank you again! I have access to any type of box so that really isn't an issue. I was considering maybe a split of two orders, we'll see.

Is it best to just go by UPC only or should I try title and UPC to find multiple matches like the Heffalump one?

#327 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

UPC always when possible - assume the folks at noram are just scanning the barcode without even looking at the dvd and if it doesn't match what you told them you were sending they reject it immediately.

#328 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Hey all, I NEVER have traded in to amazon before and would like some guidance. I have a bunch of old DVDs that seem to be worth a decent amount in trade in credit. In total around 40 or so.

Is it best if I trade them in all at one time or in smaller groups of 2-3? And if I do it as one trade in, am I obligated to use my own packaging and then one giant box?

Depends on what kind of packaging you've got lying around. If you have a big enough box, there's no issue with trading in 40 at one time. I've traded in groups of 10-20 twice over the last month with no problem. I also think this is a good time in general to be trading in. Since they've moved out of NH things have been quicker and I've had less issues lately than right before they moved. Good luck!

Edited by phantomfriar2002, 10 January 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#329 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

If your dvds are opened or missing the wrapper, it is NOT considered new... So those dvds better be brand new sealed if you want the full credit

#330 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

A first for me: I got credit on a game I sent it, and the tracker on both Amazon and UPS says it left California this morning. It usually takes 3 to 5 days to send games to them from California.

It also got upgraded to good from acceptable, even though it was card-only. The game was Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation from the white Vita bundle.

:?::?::?:

update on this:
I got the credit on January 3.
The game finally arrived there yesterday, January 9.

Now I'm wondering if they gave me credit from someone else's trade-in.