Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

• Please log in to reply
9327 replies to this topic

#391 DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Anyone able to trade in Dead Space 3? I'm having trouble finding it in the trade-in store.

#392 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

Anyone traded in a 3DS? I'm planning on trading in my Black 3DS (picked up the FE bundle), and I was wondering if I should take the screen protectors that I have on it off or not.

#393 Caddywompus21

Caddywompus21

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

I haven't checked Gamecube trade-ins for a long time. Do the Zelda titles always have such a high TiV?

Wind Waker - $24.45 (actually it's already dropped to $23.90)
Twilight Princess -$19.25

#394 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

I haven't checked Gamecube trade-ins for a long time. Do the Zelda titles always have such a high TiV?

Yeah, I think they're technically rare now (their used prices are high at Gamestop, anyway).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Normal] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#395 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

A number of decent tiv bumps for random stuff overnight, worth checking if you've been waiting to trade something. Mostly consoles and some newer games.

Yeah, sometimes they'll climb back up to $30.

#396 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Forza Horizon is up to 19.80
Madden 13 $26.55
NBA2k13 $32
FIFA 13 $29.40
Skyrim $25.15

For people with left over black friday games.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#397 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Forza Horizon is up to 19.80
Madden 13 $26.55
NBA2k13 $32
FIFA 13 $29.40
Skyrim $25.15

For people with left over black friday games.

I think Forza is still pretty high over at GS. It's definitely more than $20.

#398 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

:ps3: DualShock3 - Silver - TIV - $40.55
http://www.amazon.co...761352&sr=1-319

#399 ken9

ken9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

I think Forza is still pretty high over at GS. It's definitely more than $20.

I think its about $21 ish. I got $33 after bonuses

#400 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

number of jumps overnight, check the tracker. As always, mostly rarer stuff. This gem is back:

http://www.amazon.co...?tag=scurker-20

Which can sometimes be found at best buy / gamestop new or used for $15 or less.

Edit: Looks like Warriors Orochi 3 :360: is trading for 28.60 right now, so it can be a gamestop or bby credit mover if anyone needs one.

#401 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

number of jumps overnight, check the tracker. As always, mostly rarer stuff. This gem is back:

http://www.amazon.co...?tag=scurker-20

Which can sometimes be found at best buy / gamestop new or used for $15 or less.

Edit: Looks like Warriors Orochi 3 :360: is trading for 28.60 right now, so it can be a gamestop or bby credit mover if anyone needs one.

While $30 is nice for that, I was able to sell two copies on the Amazon marketplace for more than $50 each, so it might be more profitable to go that route.

Based on the prices for Warriors Orochi 3 ($53.95 the cheapest used price), the same reasoning might apply. It's a bit better than a credit mover at GS if you use the 20% off coupon with PUR (~$20 vs. $25.19).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#402 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Because we're all best pals:

Cars :wii: tiv 30.00 (the original, not Cars 2 or any variation thereof)

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B000GUQJQ8/

#403 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Because we're all best pals:

Cars :wii: tiv 30.00 (the original, not Cars 2 or any variation thereof)

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B000GUQJQ8/

Aw...missed that one; that's what I get for watching Argo when you posted this. :cry: It dropped to $0.25 awfully fast.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#404 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

There was a promo in which you receive $3 extra credit for purchasing Assassin's Creed 3.

I know that I purchased it and traded stuff in afterwards but I never received my extra trade in credit. I looked at all my emails for promotional credit and purchases etc. and can't find anything. I was given $3 credit towards video streaming and $3 towards a game download but there was no mention of trade-in credit.

It is until 3/31/2013 for the video credit and 1/11/2013 for the video game credit.
Anyone know the date that you had to make the trade in by?

Edited by PublikDefender, 28 February 2013 - 04:06 PM.

#405 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

There was a promo in which you receive $3 extra credit for purchasing Assassin's Creed 3.

I know that I purchased it and traded stuff in afterwards but I never received my extra trade in credit. I looked at all my emails for promotional credit and purchases etc. and can't find anything. I was given $3 credit towards video streaming and $3 towards a game download but there was no mention of trade-in credit.

It is until 3/31/2013 for the video credit and 1/11/2013 for the video game credit.
Anyone know the date that you had to make the trade in by?

Had to trade in by 1/11. Here's the original page:

http://www.amazon.co...4EX4N0RX3S9SJ3W

#406 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

Sorry if this has been mentioned but...

I just got an option after submitting a trade to get my gift card immediately for my trade, or wait until my items have been received. Is this new? Looks like if I choose the immediate option, they require credit card info in case you don't ship the items or they're graded lower/returned.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#407 hatback

hatback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

I just got an option after submitting a trade to get my gift card immediately for my trade, or wait until my items have been received. Is this new? Looks like if I choose the immediate option, they require credit card info in case you don't ship the items or they're graded lower/returned.

Interesting... I've never seen this before, but I'm seeing it now.

It must be a new option that they added.

#408 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

Wow; I can guarantee this option being a real disaster for someone, at some point. They will get overzealous with their 'fronted' credit, only to have the games returned for some bs reason, or never show up at all, then their cards will be charged for the credit.

#409 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Is anyone else not getting their stuff upgraded? I would describe pretty much all of the stuff I send in as in like new condition, but I mark it as good just to be on the safe side. Out of the last 25 things I've sent in only one has been upgraded to like new condition. It's kind of annoying.

#410 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Is anyone else not getting their stuff upgraded? I would describe pretty much all of the stuff I send in as in like new condition, but I mark it as good just to be on the safe side. Out of the last 25 things I've sent in only one has been upgraded to like new condition. It's kind of annoying.

So then isn't it better to have it marked as new and let them downgrade?

#411 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

Can i reuse amazon boxes to trade in games? did not see in faq. ty

#412 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

You have things ass backwards. Why would you lower the grade of the condition just in case?

Send it in the condition it's in or if anything mark the better condition and let them downgrade it.

needler420.png

#413 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

Why would you do that? As long as you keep your games scratch free, case crack free, complete and water damage free it's almost 100% going to be accepted as like new.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#414 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Can i reuse amazon boxes to trade in games? did not see in faq. ty

Yes. You can use whatever box you want. I always recycle GF/BBY/Glyde mailers to Amazon.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#415 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

ye gods that is the worst idea they've had in a loooong time

#416 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

ye gods that is the worst idea they've had in a loooong time

Why? I think it's a great idea. I get my credit sooner.

Amazon won't get ripped off cause they have your credit card number.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#417 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

Why? I think it's a great idea. I get my credit sooner.

Amazon won't get ripped off cause they have your credit card number.

You won't like it when YOU get ripped off when ups loses your package or NorAm downgrades the condition of the items....then you'll have to haggle to get your money back.

Personally I wouldn't get my CC involved in these trade-ins given how erratic the process can be. Usually it works great, but for the few times it doesn't, I'd hate to have to add another step to correcting a bad situation by having my credit card involved -- but YMMV I guess.

#418 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:47 AM

You won't like it when YOU get ripped off when ups loses your package or NorAm downgrades the condition of the items....then you'll have to haggle to get your money back.

Personally I wouldn't get my CC involved in these trade-ins given how erratic the process can be. Usually it works great, but for the few times it doesn't, I'd hate to have to add another step to correcting a bad situation by having my credit card involved -- but YMMV I guess.

eh.. i've not ever had UPS lose my package. I imagine amazon would take care of the situation for me real fast if UPS lost it.

And I don't choose downgrade option so I'm good. Amazon already has my credit card info (amazon card) so what's the difference.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#419 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

Terrible idea, with the amount of times amazon has screwed other members I'm fin with continuing to wait for my credit.

#420 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

so basically if the trade goes wrong, amazon has suckered you into buying a gift card from them. nice.